Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > European Boxing Forum

Old 06-25-2007, 06:02 PM   #1
Odo
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 1000
Default Felix Sturm vs Artur Abraham

What do you guys think about an encounter between the two best German based middle weights?
Whenever Sturm is asked about his Armenian rival he either dismisses him as not worthy of his steel,or tries to belittle him somehow.Sturm tends to talk about big fights sounding as if he were the man who calls the shots at middle weight,but he very seldom walks the walk.
Sturm's next opponent is an unknown clubfighter from Uruguay whereas Abraham will face his very capable Armenian compatriot Gevor.
Gevor is a merciless warrior who will try to give hell to Abraham.Difficult fight for Abraham.Gevor is no Uruguayan clubfighter.
I for my part wouldnt bet a single coin on Sturm against Abraham.I guess that he wouldnt even be able to go the full route with the Armenian.
Castillejo knocked him down,and the old Spaniard surely doesnt have as much pop as Abraham.
Anyone out there who is a different opinion and thinks that STurm could outbox Abraham?

PS:Of course I dont think that STurm vs Abraham will ever come off.Sturm wont take such a high risk squaring off against an opponent who makes Castillejo look like a choir boy.
Odo is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 06-25-2007, 07:15 PM   #2
geppy
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 2166
Default Re: Felix Sturm vs Artur Abraham

Abraham by KO.

Sturm is a good boxer, but I think Abraham would win by Ko. If Castilljo can knock out Sturm , you can imagine what will happen if Abraham lands.
geppy is offline  Top
Old 06-25-2007, 07:20 PM   #3
geppy
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 2166

Sturm did impress me against De La Hoya. I was shocked for him to be KO'd against Castilljo.

For Sturm to win he would have to have a perfect game plan and execute flawlessly , keep his excellent jab going, and use his legs. I wouldnt expect for that to happen ( Sturm win) but I guess stranger things has happend.

Last edited by geppy; 06-25-2007 at 07:53 PM.
geppy is offline  Top
Old 06-25-2007, 07:22 PM   #4
Alcaldemb
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Abraham is too strong, hits too hard, and can match or exceed him in the skill department. If they ever fight, and as Odo correctly states they won't, Abraham stops Sturm in the middle rounds.
Alcaldemb is offline  Top
Old 06-25-2007, 08:16 PM   #5
unitas
Contender
ESB Senior Member

abraham hits too hard. he´ll ko sturm.
unitas is offline  Top
Old 06-25-2007, 08:48 PM   #6
Throwing doubles
Journeyman

I'll go for Sturms boxing skills any day.
Throwing doubles is offline  Top
Old 06-26-2007, 03:58 AM   #7
VHB
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

Sturm talks this and that, and then defends his title against Uruguayan local fighter.
VHB is offline  Top
Old 06-26-2007, 05:29 AM   #8
Hrak
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 328

Abraham by KO. Simply put Sturm got KO'd by Castillejo, the same guy who was used as a tune-up by a shot Vargas. Vargas almost KO'd him btw. Abraham matches sturm in every department and exceed him in a few critical ones, like Power and Chin. Plus his faced much better competition. Abraham by 6th round KO.
Hrak is offline  Top
Old 06-26-2007, 05:39 AM   #9
Flurry
Krautchamp
ESB Full Member

Sturm on points but he´d need to be focused for the full route.

People imo put slightly too much emphasis on the castillejo KO, Sturm was widely leading on the cards and made the mistake of trading with the guy. He did so in order to avoid the treatment he had received by the crowd when he ran for the last round in the match against the Kiwi puncher (forgot his name). he had got whistled and booed in that incident. That btw was a crowd response that one and for all proved par excellence that german boxing crowds often have no clue about the game.

Sturm had the match in his bag but started acting stupidly in the first castillejo fight.

Sturm btw said he didnt believe a fight against Abrams was likely to come off. "seeing sauerland only has got one World Champ left you can figure yourself how sincerely them calling me out (to make Abrams vs Sturm) is meant to be". Kohl said: "I do not have received anything resembling a substantial or serious fight offer"
Flurry is offline  Top
Old 06-26-2007, 06:02 AM   #10
Hrak
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 328

Quote:

People imo put slightly too much emphasis on the castillejo KO, Sturm was widely leading on the cards and made the mistake of trading with the guy. He did so in order to avoid the treatment he had received by the crowd when he ran for the last round in the match against the Kiwi puncher (forgot his name). he had got whistled and booed in that incident. That btw was a crowd response that one and for all proved par excellence that german boxing crowds often have no clue about the game.

Sturm had the match in his bag but started acting stupidly in the first castillejo fight.

Sturm btw said he didnt believe a fight against Abrams was likely to come off. "seeing sauerland only has got one World Champ left you can figure yourself how sincerely them calling me out (to make Abrams vs Sturm) is meant to be". Kohl said: "I do not have received anything resembling a substantial or serious fight offer"
Every boxer whose been in with Abraham has gotten hit, theres never been one fighter who was able to outbox Abraham for any duration of time during the entire fight or a particular round. Abraham beat the 6'4 version of Sturm in Ikeke, thers no way Sturms gone get Abrahams respect with his punches, theres no way. Thats why his gone loose. To beat Abraham, you have to be willing to take bombs, Sturms is just not that type of fighter. Hill either go into a shell and make it a track meet as soon as he tastes Abrahams power, or hill get KO'd trying to be tuff.
Hrak is offline  Top
Old 06-26-2007, 06:16 AM   #11
Flurry
Krautchamp
ESB Full Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hrak
Every boxer whose been in with Abraham has gotten hit, theres never been one fighter who was able to outbox Abraham for any duration of time during the entire fight or a particular round. Abraham beat the 6'4 version of Sturm in Ikeke, thers no way Sturms gone get Abrahams respect with his punches, theres no way. Thats why his gone loose. To beat Abraham, you have to be willing to take bombs, Sturms is just not that type of fighter. Hill either go into a shell and make it a track meet as soon as he tastes Abrahams power, or hill get KO'd trying to be tuff.
you re entitled to your opinion - but I do not share it

Ikeke btw was a complete dissapointment, wasn t he? Abrams made short work of him, the guest was gunshy and simply didnt come in to win, he looked like sitting duck. Full credit to Abrams for finishing him off, but I see few similarities between ikeke and Sturm.

Sturm (who decisively beat DLH) is the technically better fighter of the two, but as said he needs to be focused for the complete route.

The fight will never come off though, so this is all speculation, of course.
Flurry is offline  Top
Old 06-26-2007, 06:28 AM   #12
Darien
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by azim
But actually, after last saturday, i would more like to see Sturm-Sylvester. Would be more interesting imo.
Your dream might even come true:

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
Darien is offline  Top
Old 06-26-2007, 12:19 PM   #13
VHB
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

Sylvester would just stand there and let them destroy him. Sturm would just run away from Abraham. Abraham would just CRUSH them both.
VHB is offline  Top
Old 06-26-2007, 01:29 PM   #14
Odo
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Merry

Once again welcome back to esb,universum!

As for your quotations of Kohl if I remember correctly Abraham's promoter Sauerland called Kohl's statement a lie publishing an offer for a fight between his boy Abraham and Sturm the day after Kohl had made aforementioned statement.

By the way you damn right in saying that German boxing crowds very often dont have a clue about the game.

Haha! I see that you still have a fairly good opinion of Sturm despite his ko loss to Castillejo,despite his countless pathetic performances against limited journeymen,despite his gift decision against Velasquo.Abraham brutally stopped the Argie-he didnt need the judges ' help.

Well,merry,as you can see I am still not sold on Sturm.
Odo is offline  Top
Old 06-26-2007, 03:11 PM   #15
Flurry
Krautchamp
ESB Full Member

Thumbs up Re: Felix Sturm vs Artur Abraham

Quote:
Originally Posted by Odo
Once again welcome back to esb,universum!

As for your quotations of Kohl if I remember correctly Abraham's promoter Sauerland called Kohl's statement a lie publishing an offer for a fight between his boy Abraham and Sturm the day after Kohl had made aforementioned statement.

By the way you damn right in saying that German boxing crowds very often dont have a clue about the game.

Haha! I see that you still have a fairly good opinion of Sturm despite his ko loss to Castillejo,despite his countless pathetic performances against limited journeymen,despite his gift decision against Velasquo.Abraham brutally stopped the Argie-he didnt need the judges ' help.

Well,merry,as you can see I am still not sold on Sturm.
Odo my mate

I see you re still heartily disliking Sturm despite his numerous good performances as well. You know I disagree with you about him allegedly winning a fluke decision against Velasco, he pretty much dominated him well into the middle rounds and ran out of gas late on as he had been preparing for I think an 8 rounder (schenk was supposed to take on Velasco I think). IMo he won the fight by a fair margin. Its not that significant to me Abrams beat him better, different fighter, different day, different game plan and cross comaparisons very seldomly hold much value, Im sure you yourself could give countless examples of that sort.

As I said further up his KO defeat to castillejo which he has avenged in the meantime was up to the wrong gameplan. He was leading on the cards but then decided to trade with a guy who´s only chance was a KO at that time (remember the whistling crowd after the final round in the Kiwi fight, stupid crowd ). I dont remember too many bad showing s versus so called Journeymen either, in total his resume looks probably better than Abrams or at least not noteworthy worse. Abraham fought people coming up in weight for him, didnt he? in Taylor, Kofuah and demiers, admittedly his Eastman (close) and Miranda wins were pretty impressive though

I havent read anything about sauerland replying to Kohls statements as of late, in fact those statements were made only very recently, i think I heard them on german telly last sunday or saturday.

sauerland of course has to produce some waves now what with the number of his reigning champs diminishing by the months these days.

Odo, I see you re still the heart and sould of this section, keep it up, I hope you re fine and all
Flurry is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > European Boxing Forum