Old 02-25-2010, 10:20 PM   #16
ranser
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 1000
Default Re: Supplements

Quote:
Originally Posted by andriy View Post
the personality thing is a big key. a lot of amounts of weight and metabolism come down to lifestyle factors. stress, anxiety and nerve actually burn body fat. people who are active, argumentative, outdoor personality types who are constanty searching for new & exciting experiences are almost always thin & have low body fat percentage.

fck u make some excellent points in there...Particularly your first 2 lines.
Are you a fitness trainer?
ranser is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 02-25-2010, 10:31 PM   #17
Max Power
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

vCash: 500

Quote:
Originally Posted by ranser View Post
Yea , thats exactly what I was thinking.
My metabolism works too hard I think..
How the hell can u slow it down>>

Is it also possible for every single person in the world to put on weight, or can we be genetically born not to put it on?
Well going by the fact that they say having 6-8 small meals a day speeds your metabolism up, due to the fact your energy stores are constantly being replenished, then perhaps 1-2 BIG meals per day may aide in slowing it down?

Reason being, your body does not know when it's next meal is coming, so it will therefore have to conserve energy.

Pure speculation though
Max Power is offline  Top
Old 02-25-2010, 10:36 PM   #18
andriy
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

vCash: 100

Quote:
fck u make some excellent points in there...Particularly your first 2 lines.
Are you a fitness trainer?
ive done quite a lot of studies into personality and psychology. as ive also played rugby league & boxed, ive been able to relate how those factors influence sports, performance & body types.

you'll find that similar personality types display similar physical attributes. nurses and paramadeics are prone to being fat arsed. their bias is towards helping & supporting people.. similar to your home soccer mum who just looks after kids and family etc who are also generally fat assed & big breasted.

back to the original point, any stress anxiety etc will definitely influence your metabolism. try changing lifestyle to one of more comfort & relaxation. get into your body (out of your head - stress & anxiet builds there). comfort activities & comfort foods. slow metabolism.
i dont know you, but this can be pretty accurate if you're the type of person displaying characteristics of not being able to put on weight.
andriy is offline  Top
Old 02-25-2010, 10:43 PM   #19
LeonMcS
The Mayor of Kronkton
East Side Guru

I find beer helps me put on weight.

PM me for some other top tips.
LeonMcS is offline  Top
Old 02-25-2010, 10:44 PM   #20
Contendo
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeonMcS View Post
I find beer helps me put on weight.

PM me for some other top tips.

Contendo is offline  Top
Old 02-25-2010, 11:05 PM   #21
Sox
Hangin with the real deal
East Side Guru

vCash: 1044

Quote:
Originally Posted by gilly View Post
yes but no matter how good we eat surly some supplement would be beneficial cos i train like a machine not a human
Not in my opinion.
Supplements are rubbish and good diet has everything you need.

I think you'll find most who claim supplements are good are either just plainly misinformed, or they have an agenda.

The thing to consider is that no one ever tells you the bad shit that's in supplements.
Good food has no bad shit, only good shit.
Quote:
do all world ranked fighters take supplements?
I'm sure plenty do, though that doesn't make them right or that they would need them if they ate right.

There's a lot of truth to the phrase, 'You are what you eat'.
Sox is offline  Top
Old 02-25-2010, 11:22 PM   #22
wangman
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

vCash: 75

Quote:
I am desperately trying to PUT ON weight, I took protein shakes for a couple of weeks, but it did **** all.. I just can't seem to put on any weight no matter what I do.
Without knowing your diet or training schedule, no one can really give you good advice. If you literally just want to gain WEIGHT eat shit food add creatine to your diet and literally within a week you should gain some weight.

If you want to gain MUSCLE then stick to a clean diet, keep on with the protein shakes (what are you using WPI or WPC when are you using them?) Some of those protein powders are shit, full of sugars and carbs you really dont need and less actual protein. Add more REAL protein and good fats to your diet like eggs, milk, red meats, tuna, chicken.

Personally i think alot of these supplements you can get are a load of shit, if you think you need to gain weight, its pretty simple EAT more.

Im sure a nutritionist could give you alot more detailed advice on your diet though.
wangman is offline  Top
Old 02-26-2010, 12:30 AM   #23
ranser
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by wangman View Post
Without knowing your diet or training schedule, no one can really give you good advice. If you literally just want to gain WEIGHT eat shit food add creatine to your diet and literally within a week you should gain some weight.

If you want to gain MUSCLE then stick to a clean diet, keep on with the protein shakes (what are you using WPI or WPC when are you using them?) Some of those protein powders are shit, full of sugars and carbs you really dont need and less actual protein. Add more REAL protein and good fats to your diet like eggs, milk, red meats, tuna, chicken.

Personally i think alot of these supplements you can get are a load of shit, if you think you need to gain weight, its pretty simple EAT more.

Im sure a nutritionist could give you alot more detailed advice on your diet though.

I actually took Whey 3 times a day for a couple of weeks.
Didn't do much at all.
Even when I eat a lot, my body digests it and turns it into waste.
I think the problem is my quick metabolism.
ranser is offline  Top
Old 02-26-2010, 12:37 AM   #24
Dr Gonzo
Yo! Molesta La Breastas!
East Side Guru

interesting to see alot of people bagging suppliments... i have tried just about every creatine, nitric oxide booster, weight gainer, test booster etc etc

alot are rubbish, but some are legit

if you are looking at getting good protein powder that is low carb and great value you cant go past Optimum Whey Gold Standard. Best suppliment on the market, if you only get one thing then make sure it is that one
[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
Dr Gonzo is offline  Top
Old 02-26-2010, 01:02 AM   #25
kflex101
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

Ranser and Gilly, I can probably help you out here, as I own two supplement companies in Australia, with my job, amongst other things being responsible for formulation and development of all our products.

My education is in Science and I've been doing this kind of thing for about 5 years, obviously being on here I'm a boxing fan from way back. I have a personal interest here too as I was a typical ectomorph (skinny guy), however with a strict eating and training plan, managed to put on 24kg of weight over 5 years, with the large majority being muscle.

This is not easy but if you stick to a plan then results will come.

As some of the other fella's have said, good nutrition whether your goals are putting on muscle or cutting up for a competition starts with a good meal plan based around whole foods.
Supplements should merely be used to "supplement" the diet, with that being said, proteion powders do fit the catergory of a food rather than a supp in many ways as Nutritionally speaking, they contain fats, carbs and protein with naturally occuring vitamins and minerals very much there.

If you can start by posting up your diet, (give as much info as possible) as well as the amount of exercise you are doing, your current weight as well as your target weight then I'll do my best to give some advice.

We may have to look at your weight training too, if you are doing a typical 'beach" style 3 x 8 sets, straight outta the magazine kind of training protocal we can likely improve on that a lot.

If it does come to supps, I can highly recommend our brands as one of which is the most econmoical in Australia, with the other being Australia's purest range of supplements.

Gilly, your problems could be related to meal timing, types of food you eat or simply the amount of calories you are taking in.
Can you also itemise your meal and training in this thread? There are certainly some very effective products which assist recovery, without adding superfulous nutrients (particularly carbohydrates) but best look at your diet first.
kflex101 is offline  Top
Old 02-26-2010, 01:04 AM   #26
TCboxa
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

vCash: 346

ATX is a good supplment, a cheap alternative to Body Quicken and its also good to cycle as your body gets used to the same supplement over & over again with diminishing returns.

ATX is a pre-workout formula designed for boxers. I purchased it from title but im not sure they stock it anymore, highly recommended or if you can get Body Quicken its even better.
TCboxa is offline  Top
Old 02-26-2010, 01:09 AM   #27
kflex101
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Gonzo View Post
interesting to see alot of people bagging suppliments... i have tried just about every creatine, nitric oxide booster, weight gainer, test booster etc etc

alot are rubbish, but some are legit

if you are looking at getting good protein powder that is low carb and great value you cant go past Optimum Whey Gold Standard. Best suppliment on the market, if you only get one thing then make sure it is that one
[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

We can provide you a protein powder which is higher in protein than this, containing less artificial sweetener, absolutely no fillers (which the On product contains a lot of) at a price around 30% less.
The On product is definitely not the best on the market, nor near it. Due to being on the market for many many years it has a good reputation and a strong client base which is why it commands a high price.
kflex101 is offline  Top
Old 02-26-2010, 01:09 AM   #28
wangman
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

Kflex101, may i ask what your supplement companies are?
wangman is offline  Top
Old 02-26-2010, 01:19 AM   #29
kflex101
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

Our companies are Bioflex Nutrition [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] and Bulk Nutrients [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

Initially I started Bioflex, with that company we manufacture supplements for the retail market where people want flashy packaging and the rest, and whom buy through shops and gyms. This range is what we promote as Australia's purest supplements and is available (albeit somewhat limited) in every Aus state and Territory.

As we progressed with Bioflex, we went from being web based to manufacturers/distributours our prices had to go up which is why I created Bulk Nutrients. BulkN is extremely popular, for those who want raw amino acids, extracts, proteins, fat burners etc. As we keep things basic in that part of the business our products are really economical. We have a massive following throughout Australia in the bodybuilding market.

The thing that makes us very unique is that we formulate, manufacture and pack all of our range, unlike almost every other company who uses contractors to do it. This gives us a massive advantage as we can assure customers are getting exactly what they see on the label. This is also the reason why Powerlifting Australia accepted us as their official supplement sponsor, when they had previously distanced themselves from the supp industry.
kflex101 is offline  Top
Old 02-26-2010, 01:30 AM   #30
wangman
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

Haha! Im actually one of your customers, thought it may have been you after you said you owned 2 companies (im also a member on the SM forums). I can vouch for the bulk nutrients products, im using them now, they are much cheaper then the US and other Aussie companies.
wangman is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Boxing Training/Amateur Boxing