ashley
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

vCash: 1000
Default Re: Supplements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sox View Post
Well, not really.
The only time we put on weight is if we consume more than we expend.
It matters not what that 'consumption' is.

When you're eating crap food, you caloric intake is greater than what you're expending.
Piece of piss.
Some say that the booze is pure energy and will always be used first before our fat stores

I weigh 112 kgs ATM so I need to eat a bit to break even.....I do get regular exercise......typing 6 or 7 hours a day gets me pumped....oh as I don't have a colostomy bag I do get up to go to the can a few times a day as well

I don't know how much calories are in beer is but downing 10 cant be considered normal intake if I eat 4 times a day as well

I don't calorie count I use the glycaemic index and count carbs

The times in my life when I didn't do the low card plan I blow out to 125kgs within a few months

Sure I should do some exercise but drinking by the pool aint as easy as it sounds

So is my water balance tricking me into thinking low carb drinking wont put on weight?

Oh and to keep on topic...do I need any supplements to balance my booze intake
ashley is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 02-26-2010, 03:50 AM   #47
Sydney Smutt
Tits ooot
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 75

The only supliment I can think of is AA
Sydney Smutt is offline  Top
Old 02-26-2010, 03:55 AM   #48
bushboy
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeonMcS View Post
Sure hes not one of your salesguys?
I think Woolworths got the best sales plug in my little rant leon, if you know any advertising crew from woolies tell the bastards to send me some hot-cross buns or something as a thankyou
bushboy is offline  Top
Old 02-26-2010, 04:09 AM   #49
bushboy
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kflex101 View Post
Great info Bushboy, you sound like one of our customers too, lol. Sifting through the crap, finding good, simple products that work and forgetting about all the bullshit gimmicks. Pre workout supps are an unfortunate example of that, lots of caffeine, lots of carbs but they charge massive premiums.

Out of interest, how did you develop that kind of thinking? Definitely not from reading muscle magazines, that's for sure!
I was brought up on a farm eating lamb chops and vegies mate, moved into town when i went to boarding school, hit the fish and chip shop with a vengeance and went back home looking like a ghost, figured pretty easily that good nutrition isnt rocket science.

I think in general people go for glossy ads the same way mozzies go for bug zappers. A lot of people want to take a magic potion which makes them star athletes overnight with bugger all training, alot of these supps all but claim to be that.
bushboy is offline  Top
Old 02-26-2010, 04:21 AM   #50
ashley
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by wangman View Post
Sox is right, Its about your diet having a calorie deficit. If you have a low carb diet its less energy to burn. If you eat shit food high in carbs and calories its more energy to burn off, and if you do not burn it off, it is stored as fat. That is why you see many low carb diets these days, less energy you need to burn, but the thing is unless your keen on staying on a low carb diet your whole life, your body will rebound and youll gain all the weight, if not more so back.

But that's my point....I don't work on Calories mate.....here is my day to day feed

6am........Fruit and yogurt 300grms
8am........4 whole eggs 1 slice of spelt wheat and huge dob of butter
12pm......steak or chicken 400 to 500gms lots of veg's, olive oil and cream with mushy sauce
6pm......large serving of fish and veg throw in some melted cheese on the veg's...cream and sweet chilli sauce on fish

Provided I don't eat starchy veg I will drop 3 kgs on this eating plan with no exercise each week

I do agree about the blow out if you stop....like I said 13kgs in 2 months

But to maintain weight of my 28 meals a week...if I do the above all of the time save 5 cheats each week I can break even.....3 or 4 on the booze and 1 or 2 on the munchies
ashley is offline  Top
Old 02-26-2010, 04:35 AM   #51
andriy
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

vCash: 100

everybody (body) is different.
andriy is offline  Top
Old 02-26-2010, 04:44 AM   #52
ashley
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

Agree with this Andriy......for me this works....anybody else do the low carb shuffle

If I got back into training on this plan I would be back to 97kgs lean in 3 or 4 weeks....but its a big "IF'
ashley is offline  Top
Old 02-26-2010, 04:45 AM   #53
andriy
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

vCash: 100

ive dropped 78 to 71kg within about 3 weeks
andriy is offline  Top
Old 02-26-2010, 04:51 AM   #54
ashley
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by andriy View Post
ive dropped 78 to 71kg within about 3 weeks
How did you do it?
ashley is offline  Top
Old 02-26-2010, 05:38 AM   #55
LeonMcS
The Mayor of Kronkton
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashley View Post
I weigh 112 kgs ATM...
Jaysus, you and Kagsy should join the WWE as a tag team.
LeonMcS is offline  Top
Old 02-26-2010, 06:06 AM   #56
20a87
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 3071

Quote:
Originally Posted by gilly View Post
im looking for answers if i should take any supplements & if so witch ones are best for me..i train hard six days a weeks sometimes twice a day.i eat pretty good & stay of the piss leading upto fights but with all my training i think i mite need to take something to help get more out of my workout,recovery ect but my main concern is i dont want to put on weight.
should i be taking supplements?if so witch ones & why?
Hi, the best advice has been mentioned which is eat fresh and clean foods where available as diet is most important. On top of this I notice you train twice a day sometimes possibly 6 times a week if you are not taking them already you should be taking a good multivitamin, a cod liver oil supplement and glucosamine purely because as a boxer there is a shit load of high impact training be it roadwork or heavy bag etc

As far as other supplements go I have made weight fine incorporating whey protein shakes in my diet and done the same without them and I have also used glutamine aswell which is good. The best thing about the shakes was the convenience but I wouldn't say they were essential if you makin sure you eat right e.g. lean fish etc for protein.

As for other supplements I would steer clear of creatine if you struggle to make weight although I have found it very good for recovery It stores water in your muscles and thus more weight, it can be used without weight gain but I would ask your coach and not a forum about creatine use.

And check out apple cider vinegar for recovery, I have recently started taking that and its the shit post workout but make sure you get the tablets and not the liquid as its rough as ****.

Finally i'd steer clear of all that shit with artificial sweeteners like "electrolyte drinks" as they contain all sorts of crap you are better off with water.

Good luck with any fights etc

At the guy who owns supplement companies

What is your take on aspartame? I avoid it like the plague but recently I have heard its not as bad as its made out to be.
20a87 is offline  Top
Old 02-26-2010, 06:18 AM   #57
Marcus
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeonMcS View Post
Jaysus, you and Kagsy should join the WWE as a tag team.

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
Marcus is offline  Top
Old 02-26-2010, 06:22 AM   #58
ashley
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

Ok I will pay that

But your going down in the tipping comp mate [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
ashley is offline  Top
Old 02-26-2010, 06:29 AM   #59
Marcus
Champion
East Side Guru

when against vazquez...... after i tipped... i looked at everyones and im the only one who did
Marcus is offline  Top
Old 02-26-2010, 06:31 AM   #60
LeonMcS
The Mayor of Kronkton
East Side Guru

Nah Marcus, we need uglier.
LeonMcS is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Boxing Training/Amateur Boxing