Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Twitter MMA Facebook Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum

Old 10-07-2007, 11:31 PM   #1
the_what
Bolo Punch KO
ESB Addict

vCash: 1000
Default What could have been...Jameel McCline

What do you think it was that kept Jameel McCline from winning a belt? Killer instinct? Heart? Stamina? Physically he is a beast. 6'6 with decent set of skills for a big man. KO percentage is misleading IMO. He has good enough power to hurt you. I remember he nearly KOed Chris Byrd in 2 rounds same with Sam Peter last night. I always thought he could have done something with his career but never could pull of the big one.
the_what is offline  Top
Old 10-07-2007, 11:34 PM   #2
Dr Gonzo
Yo! Molesta La Breastas!
East Side Guru

vCash: 75
Default Re: What could have been...Jameel McCline

i dont think he really believes in himself or his ability - when he starts to get ahead on the cards he goes into defensive mode as if trying to hold on to the lead until the final bell rings
Dr Gonzo is offline  Top
Old 10-07-2007, 11:47 PM   #3
Ambition_Def
**** the people.
ESB Addict

Physically too big to be throwing as many punches a boxer is required to. Like Waldo, who has trimmed down substantially since his early days.

He has fast hands for a guy who is 6'6 260lbs. But all that motion takes alot out of a man that size. By the 5th-6th rounds McCline is a spent bullet. All he can do is punch in spurts and isn't nearly as dangerous.

Of course he has proven that he IS dangerous in the first 3 rounds. As evident by the damage he has done to top heavyweights through his career.

Last edited by Alo2006; 07-23-2006 at 12:37 PM.
Ambition_Def is offline  Top
Sponsored Links

Old 10-07-2007, 11:50 PM   #4
SteveO
MSW
ESB Addict

vCash: 1040

He's an enigma. One thing for sure is: he gasses out. And lacks confidence in my opinion. He really could've stopped Sam Peter. He SHOULD have stopped Sam Peter.
SteveO is offline  Top
Old 10-08-2007, 12:02 AM   #5
TheGrimReaper
Contender
ESB Senior Member

he still won the fight
TheGrimReaper is offline  Top
Old 10-08-2007, 12:11 AM   #6
emanuel_augustus
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
What do you think it was that kept Jameel McCline from winning a belt? Killer instinct? Heart? Stamina? Physically he is a beast. 6'6 with decent set of skills for a big man. KO percentage is misleading IMO. He has good enough power to hurt you. I remember he nearly KOed Chris Byrd in 2 rounds same with Sam Peter last night. I always thought he could have done something with his career but never could pull of the big one.
Lack of amateur experience. He was never relaxed enough in the ring to get the most out of his physical advantages. Had to think about things too much rather than just react.

With 100-150 amateur fights, he probably would have been a world champ for a few years. That's considering how much he did actually develop with no boxing background and starting in his 20's.

Last edited by Asterion; 07-23-2006 at 12:50 PM.
emanuel_augustus is offline  Top
Old 10-08-2007, 12:18 AM   #7
WiDDoW_MaKeR
ESB Hall of Fame Member
East Side VIP

He can't put his game together... and he doesn't fight a style that best suits his strengths. I don't think that he is a very smart fighter, mentally... and I don't think that he has a very strong will either. A willingness to take big fights, but during the fights his will seems to break over and over again. He always comes walking to his corner with a look on his face as if he just wants out.
WiDDoW_MaKeR is offline  Top
Old 10-08-2007, 12:24 AM   #8
emanuel_augustus
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
He always comes walking to his corner with a look on his face as if he just wants out.
That sure as hell wasn't the case last night. He looked focused as hell, even came without music.

McCline ran out of gas after spending his bullets in the third. Not lack of will.

I couldn't "will" myself to run a 3 hour marathon.
emanuel_augustus is offline  Top
Old 10-08-2007, 12:26 AM   #9
WiDDoW_MaKeR
ESB Hall of Fame Member
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by emanuel_augustus
That sure as hell wasn't the case last night. He looked focused as hell, even came without music.

McCline ran out of gas after spending his bullets in the third. Not lack of will.

I couldn't "will" myself to run a 3 hour marathon.
I disagree. Although he survived... I still saw that look in his eyes late in the fight. His cornermen were also noticing it too. Although, I think it had more to do with exhaustion last night.

Anyways, we were speaking about his career as a whole, not just his last fight.
WiDDoW_MaKeR is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum