Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum

Old 03-05-2010, 05:37 AM   #16
avidlemon
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 1000
Default Re: When Is the Useless Tyson Fury going to step it up?

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGiftedOne View Post
Fury fought for the British HW title in his 8th fight at the age of 21 and some people still think he needs to be stepped up quicker
it was the english HW mate. And the evidence was it was a step too far TBH, although he won. Anyone who saw the fight will know what i mean
avidlemon is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 03-05-2010, 06:56 AM   #17
portside
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 500

im afraid some of you boys will feel like chewing nails by the end of the year. tyson fought his last 3 fights with a back injury suffered in sparring last year.took away much of his movement and leverage on his punches. he d been in the hospital with it, fought the last few fights rammed full of pain killers. sorry to upset you s but stay tuned ,you heard it hear first. tyson will be brit champ by end of year and without much trouble.
portside is offline  Top
Old 03-05-2010, 07:44 AM   #18
Mandanda
SkillspayBills
East Side VIP

Fury stepped up more then most fighters in his first 10 fights. Stopping people that beat other prospects over here. Ok he runs his gums a lot but the end of the day talk aside the lad has stepped up. He's a baby in heavyweight terms and lets face it he's offered him self to other fighters and they backed down.

He's coming back from injury and if he doesn't step it back up after his next fight then i will agree but imo the guy has done a lot more then some have in all there careers so far.
Mandanda is offline  Top
Old 03-05-2010, 08:22 AM   #19
portside
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 500

he s boxing the face of top euro fighters in suarlands gym. this is a warm up for mcdermott, now he s injury free you,ll see a lot better fighter, he beleived he could beat all the uk heavy,s at half fitness, wich was over confidence bordering on foolishness. youth, wouldent listen to his team, infact changed them when they said rest.
portside is offline  Top
Old 03-05-2010, 08:23 AM   #20
Flea Man
มวยสากล
East Side VIP

vCash: 75

Quote:
Originally Posted by newbridgeboxing View Post
Man this guy is slow awkward and nothing resembling the original Tyson,, hell a 43 year old Iron Mike would wipe the floor with this kid.
Are you fighting Yassine El Macchi next?
Flea Man is offline  Top
Old 03-05-2010, 08:27 AM   #21
DOM5153
They Cannot Run Forever
East Side Guru

vCash: 7562

lets be fair to the guy hes working on his fitness and his skills, and has been getting good quality sparring.
DOM5153 is offline  Top
Old 03-05-2010, 08:27 AM   #22
avidlemon
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mandanda View Post
Fury stepped up more then most fighters in his first 10 fights. Stopping people that beat other prospects over here. Ok he runs his gums a lot but the end of the day talk aside the lad has stepped up. He's a baby in heavyweight terms and lets face it he's offered him self to other fighters and they backed down.

He's coming back from injury and if he doesn't step it back up after his next fight then i will agree but imo the guy has done a lot more then some have in all there careers so far.
if he beats mcdermott, and convincingly next time, then he will start to sway some of the doubters, myself included. But until then....
Old 03-05-2010, 08:50 AM   #23
SteelTownCobra
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 100

Although I believe he lost the McDermott fight I also believe he showed a lot of character that night which impressed me. He had to dig deep and cope with a lot of pressure from his opponent, something he hadn't previously had to do. He also lasted 10 rounds comfortably enough, although he looked shagged at the end, understandably.

I also give him credit for stepping up to fight for the English title at such an early stage of his career. He also has years of development ahead of him. He still has a lot of potential. I think he deserves a break.
SteelTownCobra is offline  Top
Old 03-05-2010, 08:51 AM   #24
Flea Man
มวยสากล
East Side VIP

I can't believe there are any doubters, what do they want from the lad?

-Fury had a pretty minor amateur career (in terms of amount of fights participated in)

-He's only a young lad.

-He has fought one of the top five domestic Heavys in the country within 10 fights and a year of turning pro.Okay, he didn't deserve the decision. But he proved his chin and most importantly, his heart. He was ****ed, no stamina whatsoever, but he gritte his teeth even though he lacked the reflexes to step out of the way.

He has the size and natural toughness, everything else can be worked on. He isn't looking to be a particularly hard puncher, but that isn't the be and end all.I agree that he talks a lot of shit, but as long as we're not GENUINELY expecting him to be fighting for World titles as quick as he says, then how can we give him stick?

He's stepped it up quicker than say, Ajose

Fury isn't a Tyson-esque sensation. But to slag him off because he isn't living up to his name is f'n ridiculous. Coming from a fellow pro as well (not me, but the OP), I find that harsh to be honest.
Flea Man is offline  Top
Old 03-05-2010, 08:55 AM   #25
Boro chris
Champion
East Side Guru

Location: I'm not Jesus Christ. I've come to accept that now.

Tyson has been stepped up in a perectly decent fashion for a fighter of his talent. Cant see the problem really.
Boro chris is offline  Top
Old 03-05-2010, 08:58 AM   #26
Mandanda
SkillspayBills
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by avidlemon View Post
if he beats mcdermott, and convincingly next time, then he will start to sway some of the doubters, myself included. But until then....
To be honest there's been plenty of fighters who have won controversial fights because there prospects and never gone back for seconds and gone on to have great careers. I would love him to beat Big John convincingly but i won't hold it against him if he doesn't go back to settle score.
Mandanda is offline  Top
Old 03-05-2010, 09:05 AM   #27
newbridgeboxing
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

vCash: 700

****Ignore this Post**** NOt Done by me
newbridgeboxing is offline  Top
Old 03-05-2010, 09:08 AM   #28
SteelTownCobra
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 100

Quote:
Originally Posted by newbridgeboxing View Post
****Ignore this Post**** NOt Done by me
What, that post?
SteelTownCobra is offline  Top
Old 03-05-2010, 09:10 AM   #29
avidlemon
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mandanda View Post
To be honest there's been plenty of fighters who have won controversial fights because there prospects and never gone back for seconds and gone on to have great careers. I would love him to beat Big John convincingly but i won't hold it against him if he doesn't go back to settle score.
what is doing my head in with the lad is not engaging his brain before he opens it, he is like a white audley sometimes to be honest, and maybe my judgement is being clouded by what i think of him out of the ring, more than what i think of him in the ring. However..
He showed a bit of heart with mcdermott, i'll accept that, and he is a big lad, which is always going to go for him.
But as much as he says he is dedictated to the sport, i have yet to see him come into the ring any where near what i would start to call acceptable shape. Granted there are other guys i could say the same about, mcdermott for example, but the top guys boring as they are, look in decent nick. I mean samuel peter, shit champion, and got shown up (i boring fashion granted) against klit, but klit came in conditioned, and peter didn't.
Old 03-05-2010, 09:13 AM   #30
billy boy balbo

to be honest i think fury needs a wake up call like getting knocked out which will happen sooner or later,he says he would fight haye and the klitschkos but i think this kid needs to grow up ,maybe he should fight golota

Last edited by billy boy balbo; 03-05-2010 at 10:03 AM.
billy boy balbo is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum