Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Boxing Training/Amateur Boxing

Old 10-09-2007, 07:08 PM   #31
Primadonna Kool
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 1000
Default Re: What do you guys prefer? Running in the evening or morning?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Relentless
but where do u get the energy to run?
If you are seriously overweight, yes running in the morning on a empty stomach will help you burn fat.

Because, your body users

Carbs - Fat - protein

In that order, to created energy. First Carbs are used they are converted into glycogen, then fats are used for energy and then protien. Which is your own muscle, and your body will be in a catabolic state.

So by running early in the morning you will have less, carbs in your system. So your body with switch to burning fat, when your are working out.

But training is all about intensity, if you have no carbs or less, which are used for your muscles main energy. You are not going to be training to the best of your ability.

And at the end of the day, that’s what training is all about. You diet should sort out your, weight. Boxers are too concerned with weight, 90% of people on this site sound like you have eating disorders like a teenage girl.

Eat right, plenty of carbs, Protein, and vitamins/minerals.

And training ****ing hard, and what ever weight you are, that’s what you fight at.

Simple as.

Training speeds up your metabolism, the less you eat the slower your metabolism will become, and your body is not stupid. It will then try and convert more of the food you eat into Fat, fat is stored energy, that’s all it is.

Primadonna Kool is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 10-09-2007, 07:16 PM   #32
viru§™
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slicknick56
no hes right, it eats at fat reserves buddy. its been scientifically proven that running before you eat in the morning, once you wake up, burns fat 3x faster. then you have a big breakfast after to get your metabolism going fast for the day
Post links to this scientific proof.

This is what Alwyn Cosgrove thinks about it:

Quote:
2) FASTED CARDIO

Are you ****ing kidding me? Seriously, are you ****ing kidding me? Why are we even talking about this?

Let's take two twins, both 200lbs, both doing the same training program, taking the same supplements, and following the same nutrition plan in the hopes of getting lean.

One difference, though: one of them eats 2 eggs and does 30 minutes of cardio three days per week. The other does 30 minutes of cardio, three days per week and THEN eats 2 eggs.

So what's the magical difference in terms of fat loss after six months? Drum roll please...

I'll tell you — no ****ing difference.

However, whenever you bring up this question we get a ton of responses saying, "This is exactly the information I needed!". Oh **** off. The reason you are still fat is because you couldn't decide to do cardio on an empty stomach or not?
This argument is pointless anyway. Who cares if it burns fat? You should be running as hard as possible and that isn't possible without eating beforehand.
viru§™ is offline  Top
Old 10-10-2007, 01:58 AM   #33
average_joe
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

I don't get any time for running anymore. I go swimming though.
average_joe is offline  Top
Old 10-10-2007, 04:10 AM   #34
Shev
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

I jog a mile on a treadmill then try and do intensive rowing. Rowing burns fat better and increasing aerobic and anaerobic capacity apparantly.
Shev is offline  Top
Old 10-10-2007, 04:21 PM   #35
Brighton bomber
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 500

I prefer running in the mornings. I find in the evenings I'm too chilled out and relaxed, the last thing I feel like doing is going for a run.

As for running on an empty stomach I guess it depends on if you're looking to lose weight or to improve stamina and conditioning. Then again if your looking to lose weight HIIT is better which shouldn't be done on an empty stomach as it is too physically demanding.
Brighton bomber is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Boxing Training/Amateur Boxing