Old 03-06-2010, 05:09 PM   #16
LHL
Captain Freedom
East Side VIP

vCash: 2835
Default Re: Devon Alexander vs Juan Urango - Pre fight discussion + RBR

Quote:
Originally Posted by GPater11093 View Post
Yeh, the best LWW puncher ever, landed his bets punch right on his chin. Absoloute brutal, cant beleive Urango got up.

Alexander does not have to keep Urango away he just has to step to the side.

Bailey does not have a great jab it was a pawing jab used to set up the right, abit like Khaosai galaxy. But it will be a class fight. Alexander is more conventional than Bailey also IMO.

By stoppage i think Alexander could force a 'no mas' kinda stoppage or a corner retirement
Fair point on the jab i always liked baileys jab because you knew what he was doing. I just don't think Alexander will have the ability to out move and punch Urango for 12 tonight. I could be well wrong as i've only seen around two of his fights but i can't see the Iron twin quitting either he knows he has one punch KO power also his wife is hideous and is his manager so he won't be getting any fun time if he loses
LHL is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 03-06-2010, 05:14 PM   #17
TFFP
The Eskimo
East Side VIP

vCash: 2500

Alexander on points. Don't think he has the power to stop Urango but its possible if he walks him onto a good one.

I think the southpaw element, quick hands, straighter punching and ring generalship will allow him to outbox Urango. In close he's going to be a lot slicker than the likes of Ricky Hatton and Berto who do nothing but hold. He'll use some old school moves they learn in the gyms over there is frustrate Urango.
TFFP is offline  Top
Old 03-06-2010, 05:24 PM   #18
GPater11093
Barry
East Side VIP

vCash: 836

Quote:
Originally Posted by LHL View Post
Fair point on the jab i always liked baileys jab because you knew what he was doing. I just don't think Alexander will have the ability to out move and punch Urango for 12 tonight. I could be well wrong as i've only seen around two of his fights but i can't see the Iron twin quitting either he knows he has one punch KO power also his wife is hideous and is his manager so he won't be getting any fun time if he loses
Not really an effective jab then?

Remember Ricky Hatton out moved this 'Columbian Land Tank'. I dont think Urango would quit like Duran, but if his heart aint in it 100% a corner retirement say due to a not-too-bad cut could be in order
GPater11093 is offline  Top
Old 03-06-2010, 05:28 PM   #19
LHL
Captain Freedom
East Side VIP

Quote:
Not really an effective jab then?

Remember Ricky Hatton out moved this 'Columbian Land Tank'. I dont think Urango would quit like Duran, but if his heart aint in it 100% a corner retirement say due to a not-too-bad cut could be in order
I was looking at Randalls jab from a different perspective its a great tool to use for breaking someone's jaw with your right hand

Honestley can't see Urango quitting tonight If Alexander beats him it will be with Juan trying to knock his head off.

Hatton didn't really out move him he tied him up every time he got the chance but Juan is smarter now i feel. Hatton didn't like Urangos power and done a great job taking it away from him. I can't see Devon tying him up as well as Hatton and Berto done.

P.S. This Alexander cunt beat Witter i want Urango to murder him tonight
LHL is offline  Top
Old 03-06-2010, 05:32 PM   #20
GPater11093
Barry
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by LHL View Post
I was looking at Randalls jab from a different perspective its a great tool to use for breaking someone's jaw with your right hand

Honestley can't see Urango quitting tonight If Alexander beats him it will be with Juan trying to knock his head off.

Hatton didn't really out move him he tied him up every time he got the chance but Juan is smarter now i feel. Hatton didn't like Urangos power and done a great job taking it away from him. I can't see Devon tying him up as well as Hatton and Berto done.

P.S. This Alexander cunt beat Witter i want Urango to murder him tonight

Look what Bailey did with a predicable skillset, Alexander is much more varied and disciplined also.

Alexander boxes well to a plan IMO. I think when he keeps in perpetual motion he is very very good, he has to do that and he can keep away from Urango. Urango cannot attack a moving target at all, and I'm being 100% serious, as soon as a guy moves hes ****ed.
Old 03-06-2010, 05:33 PM   #21
allenko1
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 1000

Good work on the pre-fight article GP...
allenko1 is offline  Top
Old 03-06-2010, 05:33 PM   #22
Lazarus
Realist
East Side VIP

vCash: 238

Does anyone know the time of the actual fight in the UK?
Lazarus is offline  Top
Old 03-06-2010, 05:36 PM   #23
GPater11093
Barry
East Side VIP

Thanks Allen
Old 03-06-2010, 05:37 PM   #24
slip&counter
Gimme some X's and O's
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by TFFP View Post
Alexander on points. Don't think he has the power to stop Urango but its possible if he walks him onto a good one.

I think the southpaw element, quick hands, straighter punching and ring generalship will allow him to outbox Urango. In close he's going to be a lot slicker than the likes of Ricky Hatton and Berto who do nothing but hold. He'll use some old school moves they learn in the gyms over there is frustrate Urango.
as good as anybody could say it.

Urango is a paper champ who is in reality just a gatekeeper, I call him everybodys undergraduate course. You just have to not be intimidated by that hulk physique and leading hooks coming your way and stay focused in those first couple of rounds, after that Urango just becomes even more ponderous, predictable, runs outta ideas and looks slower then a underwater tai chi class. Only way Devon loses this is if he dances and sings into the ring accompanied by a rapper or goes all Terry Norris on us. Lol
slip&counter is offline  Top
Old 03-06-2010, 05:40 PM   #25
GPater11093
Barry
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by slip&counter View Post
as good as anybody could say it.

Urango is a paper champ who is in reality just a gatekeeper, I call him everybodys undergraduate course. You just have to not be intimidated by that hulk physique and leading hooks coming your way and stay focused in those first couple of rounds, after that Urango just becomes even more ponderous, predictable, runs outta ideas and looks slower then a underwater tai chi class. Only way Devon loses this is if he dances and sings into the ring accompanied by a rapper or goes all Terry Norris on us. Lol
'He's Devon'
'He's Devon'
'He's Devon'
Old 03-06-2010, 05:44 PM   #26
LHL
Captain Freedom
East Side VIP

Quote:

Look what Bailey did with a predicable skillset, Alexander is much more varied and disciplined also.

Alexander boxes well to a plan IMO. I think when he keeps in perpetual motion he is very very good, he has to do that and he can keep away from Urango. Urango cannot attack a moving target at all, and I'm being 100% serious, as soon as a guy moves hes ****ed.
Trying to think back but did N'Goudjo not try to box and move on the ropes against him until Urango broke his jaw? I think Alexander poses a bigger threat than anyone Urango has faced in speed and skillset term. I haven't really seen enough of Devon but if he fights the same fight against witter i think he will lose but as you say he does look like a smart fighter that will change tactics this time round, can he do it a full 12? I see Urango catching him on the ropes and pulling off the upset. Could be wrong though
LHL is offline  Top
Old 03-06-2010, 05:47 PM   #27
slip&counter
Gimme some X's and O's
East Side VIP

Quote:
'He's Devon'
'He's Devon'
'He's Devon'

I was thinking more Cory against Zab with the st. louis connection.
slip&counter is offline  Top
Old 03-06-2010, 06:32 PM   #28
Jeff Young
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 7241

Alexander is the favorite for several reasons, but don't count out the "iron twin"....I've seen improvement in his game....He is maturing as a fighter, and may finally be peaking.....Plus, he has the experience factor in his favor...
Jeff Young is offline  Top
Old 03-06-2010, 07:48 PM   #29
dominic1234
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

vCash: 328

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazarus View Post
Does anyone know the time of the actual fight in the UK?
HBO broadcast starts at 3:00AM and the showtime Vic Darchinyan vs Rodrigo Guerrero broadcast starts at 2:00AM.
dominic1234 is offline  Top
Old 03-06-2010, 08:22 PM   #30
zico2010
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 75

Quote:
Originally Posted by dominic1234 View Post
HBO broadcast starts at 3:00AM and the showtime Vic Darchinyan vs Rodrigo Guerrero broadcast starts at 2:00AM.

Cheers
zico2010 is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum