Old 03-06-2010, 06:06 PM   #16
TFFP
The Eskimo
East Side VIP

vCash: 2500
Default Re: Barker ducked Quigley!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ollyc View Post
Tony Quigley himself has confirmed that Barker's camp turned down the fight.
To his credit Quigley said that he's known Barker a while, and didn't think Barker the type to declare himself above a fighter, and I agree with him.
Tony Quigley has confirmed that Darren Barker has ducked Tony Quigley?

Are you going to give us a link to the Sun next?
TFFP is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 03-06-2010, 06:11 PM   #17
barry big balls
You cant handle the truth
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 1000

Quote:
Originally Posted by LHL View Post
Again you really don't understand, I'm not a fan or Barkers at all. I actually wait until a fighter is in a fight to prove himself rather than jump in and call him protected. Go back to boxrec add up some numbers and put it this way. Macklin was fighting the same level of opponents at middleweight about a year ago. Barker is chasing Macklin i think Macklin beats him as well but you can't say anything bad about him for wanting a fight.

Also the brit forum is probably the best on here, I have read some of your posts on here and the Irish thread your pretty useless to be honest. Not once have you made a decent argument why a fighter won't make it without numbers as in boxrec rankings.
I promise the minute barker beats someone decent at european level he will my full respect its not personal it boxing your only as good as your last win/ opponent. I dont bring any boxers personal life into my arguements just their records and their opponents which is a valid way to judge a fighter in my eyes and if you dont like that go **** yourself.
barry big balls is offline  Top
Old 03-06-2010, 06:14 PM   #18
ollyc
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 876

Quote:
Originally Posted by TFFP View Post
Tony Quigley has confirmed that Darren Barker has ducked Tony Quigley?

Are you going to give us a link to the Sun next?
Quigley didn't say Barker 'ducked' him. He merely said that Barker's camp refused the fight, and went as far as to say that he didn't believe Barker was the type to dodge fighters. Those are hardly the words of a man trying to pressurise a guy into fighting him via the media.
Anyway, as Kosaros said the story has been widely reported this week as seen in Boxing News.
So you can keep your you ****ing Icelandic gonad.
ollyc is offline  Top
Old 03-06-2010, 06:18 PM   #19
TFFP
The Eskimo
East Side VIP

Your hero Macklin hadn't done **** at the same stage of his career...hypocrite.

I think Barker's career has been slower to progress than we'd all like but its obviously personal for you so don't even ****ing deny it. You are constantly trolling threads on Barker spouting nonsense when this slow progression is very common amongst many of our fighters yet you fixate on him. And you're there with a ****ing Macklin avatar, a division rival and you are telling us its not personal? GTFO!
TFFP is offline  Top
Old 03-06-2010, 06:21 PM   #20
barry big balls
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Your hero Macklin hadn't done **** at the same stage of his career...hypocrite.

I think Barker's career has been slower to progress than we'd all like but its obviously personal for you so don't even ****ing deny it. You are constantly trolling threads on Barker spouting nonsense when this slow progression is very common amongst many of our fighters yet you fixate on him. And you're there with a ****ing Macklin avatar, a division rival and you are telling us its not personal? GTFO!
Thats john duddy in my avatar you dumb **** and Andy lees my favourite irish middle weight not macklin.
Old 03-06-2010, 06:22 PM   #21
LHL
Captain Freedom
East Side VIP

vCash: 2835

Quote:
Originally Posted by barry big ***** View Post
I promise the minute barker beats someone decent at european level he will my full respect its not personal it boxing your only as good as your last win/ opponent. I dont bring any boxers personal life into my arguements just their records and their opponents which is a valid way to judge a fighter in my eyes and if you dont like that go **** yourself.
Barry you will never respect barker by the sounds of it you have something against him for some reason. He has been more impressive than Andy Lee of late. Barker has proved he is the best at British level at the moment if Macklin and Moore don't want him what else can he do? Like TFFP say Simon isn't a good fighter he was made to look good from Abraham style of fight he covered up and let Simon throw his arm punches.

Either way i like how you **** all over Barker but you seem to think Pirogs record is boarder lining world level.
LHL is offline  Top
Old 03-06-2010, 06:22 PM   #22
TFFP
The Eskimo
East Side VIP

Quote:
Quigley didn't say Barker 'ducked' him. He merely said that Barker's camp refused the fight, and went as far as to say that he didn't believe Barker was the type to dodge fighters. Those are hardly the words of a man trying to pressurise a guy into fighting him via the media.
Anyway, as Kosaros said the story has been widely reported this week as seen in Boxing News.
So you can keep your you ****ing Icelandic gonad.
Widely reported from the mouth of Quigley you dumb ****, does that not raise any alarm bells for you are you really that vacant? I don't know how to make this any easier for you.. if all you can come to the table with is quotes from one of the involved parties thats hardly what anybody logical would call a fair and balanced source. I could claim Barker is ducking TFFP very easily to big myself up and childish ****s like you would lap it up. Pull it together
TFFP is offline  Top
Old 03-06-2010, 06:22 PM   #23
achillesthegreat
FORTUNE FAVOURS THE BRAVE
East Side VIP

Unless they have bigger fights lined up both Moore and Barker have made a mistake in turning down good fights. Such are the problems in boxing.
achillesthegreat is offline  Top
Old 03-06-2010, 06:24 PM   #24
TFFP
The Eskimo
East Side VIP

Quote:
Thats john duddy in my avatar you dumb **** and Andy lees my favourite irish middle weight not macklin.
One of the three Irish middleweights that are all **** that you just so love to nuthug. I really wonder why you don't like Barker...its a difficult one
TFFP is offline  Top
Old 03-06-2010, 06:27 PM   #25
barry big balls
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by LHL View Post
Barry you will never respect barker by the sounds of it you have something against him for some reason. He has been more impressive than Andy Lee of late. Barker has proved he is the best at British level at the moment if Macklin and Moore don't want him what else can he do? Like TFFP say Simon isn't a good fighter he was made to look good from Abraham style of fight he covered up and let Simon throw his arm punches.

Either way i like how you **** all over Barker but you seem to think Pirogs record is boarder lining world level.
Barker will get my respect as soon as he beats a european level opponent i promise. I have all his televised fights downloaded on my computer and ive watched them all a couple of times and the truth is his opponents cant be compared to andys lees at the moment .ITS NOTHING PERSONAL JUST BOXING. ps i just love pirogs style its different and so far very effective
Old 03-06-2010, 06:28 PM   #26
ollyc
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Widely reported from the mouth of Quigley you dumb ****, does that not raise any alarm bells for you are you really that vacant? I don't know how to make this any easier for you.. if all you can come to the table with is quotes from one of the involved parties thats hardly what anybody logical would call a fair and balanced source. I could claim Barker is ducking TFFP very easily to big myself up and childish ****s like you would lap it up. Pull it together
Have you even the read the piece in question before commenting?
As for the 'childish' jibe I wasn't the one posting inane emoticons.
Now give us back our money you daft, thieving ****s. (Smart fellow like yourself should get that reference).
ollyc is offline  Top
Old 03-06-2010, 06:29 PM   #27
barry big balls
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
One of the three Irish middleweights that are all **** that you just so love to nuthug. I really wonder why you don't like Barker...its a difficult one
You cant even tell the difference between john duddy and matthew macklin by the picture in my avatar your an idiot lol
Old 03-06-2010, 06:31 PM   #28
TFFP
The Eskimo
East Side VIP

Quote:
Have you even the read the piece in question before commenting?
As for the 'childish' jibe I wasn't the one posting inane emoticons.
Now give us back our money you daft, thieving ****s. (Smart fellow like yourself should get that reference).
I've read it, its a piece that should be taken with a grain of salt. As for your reference, who was more daft, our banks for taking your money or you muppets that put the money there?
TFFP is offline  Top
Old 03-06-2010, 06:33 PM   #29
kosaros
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

vCash: 999

Quote:
Barker will get my respect as soon as he beats a european level opponent i promise. I have all his televised fights downloaded on my computer and ive watched them all a couple of times and the truth is his opponents cant be compared to andys lees at the moment .ITS NOTHING PERSONAL JUST BOXING. ps i just love pirogs style its different and so far very effective
Name all the fights of Barker you have.
kosaros is offline  Top
Old 03-06-2010, 06:34 PM   #30
ollyc
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
I've read it, its a piece that should be taken with a grain of salt. As for your reference, who was more daft, our banks for taking your money or you muppets that put the money there?
Touche.
ollyc is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum