Old 03-07-2010, 11:07 AM   #61
Hooch
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 1000
Default Re: Barker ducked Quigley!

Quote:
Originally Posted by barry big ***** View Post
The middle weight division is my favourite at the moment its about to explode with talent with the likes of hassan ndan njikam , pirog , golovkin , korobov ,macklin , barker , moore , mcewan ,oral and of course lee in the mix. Thats why i keep a close eye on all these guys its my favourite division , doesnt everyone have a favourite?
Middeweight is a ****ing joke :-

The 2/3 Irish lads all have "bigger fish to fry" against anyone but each other

Nobody will fight Barker

McEwan is happy bumming novices on yank undercards

The Euro lads will probably make some waves but the Irish/Brits are more than happy treading water.
Hooch is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 03-07-2010, 11:11 AM   #62
Beeston Brawler
Comical Ali-egedly
East Side VIP

vCash: 75

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hooch View Post

Nobody will fight Barker

The Euro lads will probably make some waves but the Irish/Brits are more than happy treading water.

That's the division in a nutshell
Beeston Brawler is offline  Top
Old 03-07-2010, 12:02 PM   #63
ImElvis666
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 227381

Quote:

Nobody will fight Barker

In fairness, Andy Lee called out Duddy and Macklin a few months back. Macklin, rightfully declined as a world title fight was a possibility at the time. Duddy declined without good reason really. I suppose because he can make money fighting lesser fighters that pose far less or a risk over in the States.

Macklin is a level above the rest right now and close to a title shot. May I ask why Barker has this kind of entitlement to a shot against Macklin? Why doesn't he go fight some decent fighters at Euro level and become a mandatory instead of fighting Brit level opponents, getting nowhere in the rankings and then *****ing about people ducking him. Barker is all risk no reward which makes him a dreadful choice of opponent for someone on not far away from a world title. This is the way boxing works.
ImElvis666 is offline  Top
Old 03-07-2010, 12:24 PM   #64
Hooch
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImElvis666 View Post
In fairness, Andy Lee called out Duddy and Macklin a few months back. Macklin, rightfully declined as a world title fight was a possibility at the time. Duddy declined without good reason really. I suppose because he can make money fighting lesser fighters that pose far less or a risk over in the States.

Macklin is a level above the rest right now and close to a title shot. May I ask why Barker has this kind of entitlement to a shot against Macklin? Why doesn't he go fight some decent fighters at Euro level and become a mandatory instead of fighting Brit level opponents, getting nowhere in the rankings and then *****ing about people ducking him. Barker is all risk no reward which makes him a dreadful choice of opponent for someone on not far away from a world title. This is the way boxing works.
See what you are saying Elv but, Duddy, Macklin, Lee, all seem to think they are on the verge of something and they never are. How are any of them close to a title shot?? None of them have ever been close to a title shot.
Macklin may get a shot at one of the Germans if he asks nicely and waits for his name to come out of a hat.....well whoooopy ****.

FIGHT EACH OTHER FFS THATS HOW BOXING WORKS, PROMOTERS AND MANAGERS NEED TO CHANGE THEY'RE ATITUDE BEFORE THIS SPORT DIES ON ITS ****....
Hooch is offline  Top
Old 03-07-2010, 12:44 PM   #65
ImElvis666
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
See what you are saying Elv but, Duddy, Macklin, Lee, all seem to think they are on the verge of something and they never are. How are any of them close to a title shot?? None of them have ever been close to a title shot.
Macklin may get a shot at one of the Germans if he asks nicely and waits for his name to come out of a hat.....well whoooopy ****.

FIGHT EACH OTHER FFS THATS HOW BOXING WORKS, PROMOTERS AND MANAGERS NEED TO CHANGE THEY'RE ATITUDE BEFORE THIS SPORT DIES ON ITS ****....
Macklin well and truly is on the verge of a shot. If he beats Gevor he will most likely be a mandatory. I find it crazy you won't acknowledge this.

Lee has never been close to a shot, I don't think he has ever expressed anything of the sort either. Duddy, apparently, was in line to fight Pavlik last year before he got beat by a journeyman. He would have been an undeserving contender but he is a big draw. Him and Lee would have been a great fight for Ireland and hugely beneficial for the winner. Duddy does deserve criticism for not accepting the fight.

I agree it is frustrating that mouth watering match ups do not materialise. It sucks but that's the way it is. Blame the game, not the player. Fighters have to weigh up the pros and cons of a fight and not always do what the fans want to see.
Old 03-07-2010, 12:47 PM   #66
dan-b
Belt holder
ESB Addict

This barry no ***** guy is hilarious. Definitely an alias. One of Jeff's perhaps?
dan-b is offline  Top
Old 03-07-2010, 12:48 PM   #67
cityofgod
Worcester warrior
ESB Senior Member

Is Andy Lee the most hyped Irishman of the last 8 years, who got tonked by a bum?

Im mean, absolutely the ****e beat outta him ?
cityofgod is offline  Top
Old 03-07-2010, 12:57 PM   #68
Hooch
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImElvis666 View Post
Macklin well and truly is on the verge of a shot. If he beats Gevor he will most likely be a mandatory. I find it crazy you won't acknowledge this.

Lee has never been close to a shot, I don't think he has ever expressed anything of the sort either. Duddy, apparently, was in line to fight Pavlik last year before he got beat by a journeyman. He would have been an undeserving contender but he is a big draw. Him and Lee would have been a great fight for Ireland and hugely beneficial for the winner. Duddy does deserve criticism for not accepting the fight.

I agree it is frustrating that mouth watering match ups do not materialise. It sucks but that's the way it is. Blame the game, not the player. Fighters have to weigh up the pros and cons of a fight and not always do what the fans want to see.
"If he beats Gevor he will most likely be a mandatory" kind of proves my point, even if he pulls off the win he will have an 18 month wait and will prob get his **** handed to him due to ring rust when he does finally get his shot.

OR

Fight Barker after Gevor and make the world a better place?

Hate the game not the player, true enough
Hooch is offline  Top
Old 03-07-2010, 01:25 PM   #69
ImElvis666
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by cityofgod View Post
Is Andy Lee the most hyped Irishman of the last 8 years, who got tonked by a bum?

Im mean, absolutely the ****e beat outta him ?
Manny Steward didn't help matters by saying he would be the greatest middleweight of all time when he was a 22 year old kid .

I felt the Vera fight was a premature stoppage myself, Lee was blocking a throwing punches when the ref stepped in. He did take a good bit of punishment prior to it though. To his credit, Lee called him out to avenge his loss and Vera wouldn't give him the rematch.

He definitely has great skills but his stamina seems to be dreadful. In the later rounds he tires and his defense becomes very shaky. He needs to improve his defence and work on not getting sucked into a brawl. His stands too upright and is very vulnerable fighting on the inside. If he fought Pavlik tomorrow he would be destroyed. I still think he has potential to get a world title. He is only 25 after all.
Old 03-07-2010, 01:44 PM   #70
barry big balls
You cant handle the truth
ESB Senior Member

Andys stamina is horrible in his last fight you can notice him get tired and weak in round 7 and defence needs serious work but the guy can fix those problems he is only 25 so the jury is still out.....
barry big balls is offline  Top
Old 03-07-2010, 02:25 PM   #71
anjawnaymiz
Cleverly's the future!
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 308

ive got a sneaky feelin gevor will stop macklin late.
i doubt barker will be given a title shot this year.
duddy and lee are overated and limited in my opinion.
anjawnaymiz is offline  Top
Old 03-07-2010, 02:39 PM   #72
ImElvis666
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by anjawnaymiz View Post
ive got a sneaky feelin gevor will stop macklin late.
i doubt barker will be given a title shot this year.
duddy and lee are overated and limited in my opinion.
I don't think anyone really rates Duddy to be honest. There's a big difference between being popular and being highly rated. I'm a Duddy fan but I don't think he stands a chance against any of the top guys in the division. I don't think many boxing fans see him for anything more than what he is.

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum