boxing

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum

Old 03-29-2010, 04:33 PM   #1
upquark

vCash: 1000
Default who will advance from the super six??

Well now we are past stage 1 and 1 bout in stage 2, what is the expectations for the remaining fights??

I really believe its wide open, and we will have some very interesting fights coming up.

Kessler vs. Froch:

This one is tough. Until now it has shown that boxing at home has been a significant advantage, since it has been 4 straight wins for the men boxing at home soil. This one though i might see the trend broken. Carl Froch has a hell of confidence, and also i expect a good portion of british fans in Herning. At the same time Kessler lost a ton of confidence after his big loss against Ward, and the question is if he actually has been able to rebuild that believe in himself needed to defeat Froch. Kessler though is still a strong boxer, and probably more skillful than Froch, so if he can dig deep and find some hunger to win and regain the wbc-belt, we should be set for a top class bout april 24th.

Close fight: 60/40 in favour of Froch.

Ward vs. Green:

Honestly dont know too much about Green, but Ward really impressed me against Kessler. I think its going to be hard for Green to get a decision against guy with as high a workrate as Ward, but from what ive read and seen Green should be a hard puncher, and thats a dangerous attribute to anybody.

So Ward should be clear favorite: 80/20 in favour of Ward

Stage 3:

Picks for this stage obviously will depend on the results for the two last fights in stage 2, but here is my guesses:

Kessler vs. Green:

This fight could be with between two fighters both with 0 points. Although both probably still will have the chance to move on to the semifinal, but it will most likely require a knokout of the other.

A lot will of course depend on who is awarded the home advantage, but right now i will go with Kessler: 60/40 in favour of Kessler

Ward vs. Direll:

Direll will enter this fight with 2 points and a lot of confidence, while Ward probably will enter with 4 points and also a ton of confidence. So its going to be a good fight i expect, i believe Ward probably will be a bit tougher so i will give him a win in a close fight: 60/40 in favour of Ward

Froch vs. Abraham:

Abraham didnt impress me at all against Direll, but he still have those 3 points from his Taylor Knockout, so he seems fairly certain to advance to the Semis, but in this bout i will go for Froch, who should just avoid that big punch from Abraham. Abraham simply holds a too low workrate and throws way too few punches to get decions wins against any of these guys to be honest.

Lets say: 70/30 in favour of Froch.

Summary:

Ward and Froch is pretty sure to get there i think, and Green i cant reach it. Then it will be among Direll, Kessler and Abraham to secure the last 2 spots. That will be close, but im afraid Kessler will end up losing that game, which means the 4 to the semifinals will be:

Ward
Froch
Abraham
Direll
upquark is offline  Top
Old 03-29-2010, 05:34 PM   #2
FrankinDallas

Default Re: who will advance from the super six??

Lucian Bute wins it all.

Oops, sorry I forgot he wasn't invited to this shindig.
FrankinDallas is offline  Top
Old 03-29-2010, 05:36 PM   #3
myau1
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

I still favor Abraham to win the entire tournament but with regards to Stage 2?

I believe Ward will outpoint Green in a semi-competative matchup and that Kessler will knock Froch out.
myau1 is offline  Top
Sponsored Links

Old 03-29-2010, 05:37 PM   #4
cippi
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 11573

all i kno is i think ward and abraham will b in the finals, an if dirrell vs abraham happens again abraham will win
cippi is offline  Top
Old 03-29-2010, 06:10 PM   #5
Davies
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 4614

Froch
Ward
Abraham
Dirrell/Kessler
Davies is offline  Top
Old 03-29-2010, 06:39 PM   #6
Montero
Left Hook from HELL!!!
East Side Guru

It really depends on where these fights are taking place at. I don't think Abraham's people will let him fight outside of Germany again. It really comes down to where the Froch-Abraham fight is for me. If it's in the UK, I might go with Froch. But I think all three American fighters beat Abraham in the USA (and Ward/Dirrell beat him anywhere). I think Kessler will surprise people and beat Froch in Denmark, but if he has to fight Green in the USA he could struggle. Have they announced where the fights will be held yet? That's a HUGE factor in my opinion...
Montero is offline  Top
Old 03-29-2010, 06:51 PM   #7
flyboi
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

vCash: 500

Quote:
Originally Posted by myau1 View Post
I still favor Abraham to win the entire tournament but with regards to Stage 2?

I believe Ward will outpoint Green in a semi-competative matchup and that Kessler will knock Froch out.
Abraham is done! no way he will win! dirrell and ward will advance! he cant possible beat both of them!
flyboi is offline  Top
Old 03-29-2010, 06:53 PM   #8
flyboi
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

vCash: 500

Quote:
Originally Posted by cippi View Post
all i kno is i think ward and abraham will b in the finals, an if dirrell vs abraham happens again abraham will win
Ummm No!!! you must did not see the fight! if they fight again Abraham will try to take dirrell out sooner realizing he cant wait till the end like he usually does, and which will make him more open to countering! it will be the same outcome, maybe he will get knocked out again or stopped from another cut!
flyboi is offline  Top
Old 03-29-2010, 06:53 PM   #9
exactually

vCash: 2257

70/30 for favour of Abraham againt Froch. Even tho' Froch "won" Dirrell and AA lost to Dirrel.Styles makes fights and Froch really dont have anything to beat AA. U need good handspeed and good counterpunching to beat AA and froch really dont have either of those two.
exactually is offline  Top
Old 03-29-2010, 06:55 PM   #10
qcolts
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

Would be an absolute shame if froch gets KO'd in his next two fights, Kessler wins both of his, and Dirrell loses to Ward and gets eliminated because of that robbery for Froch in the first round.
qcolts is offline  Top
Old 03-29-2010, 08:01 PM   #11
DocLouis
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 1431

I dunno who makes it out, but a quick comment on Stage 3...

am I the only one who thinks Dirrell/Ward is gonna be a BIGTIME snooze-fest? They just seem to like each other too much, regardless of how naturally competitive they may be.
DocLouis is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum