Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Boxing Training/Amateur Boxing

Old 03-08-2010, 03:59 PM   #16
Johnboy2007
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 1075
Default Re: Best wieght loss supplement that you know of?

Quote:
Originally Posted by RDJ View Post
Eating healthy (instead of just eating a little) helps, because it makes sure you get enough nutrients to be able to actually use the energy provided by your food. You can eat 8000 kcal of shitty food and be lethargic, or you can have 2000 kcal of whole natural food and be active. It's also not as easy to overeat on natural food.

Yup it isnt rocket science. I work in a doctors surgery with middle aged receptionists ect and i have this conversation almost daily. Everyone asks me how i keep in shape ect and they dont like to hear that i eat healthy and exercise alot , they want a quick fix. People automatically assume i must be on protein shakes too! Sooo annoying!!! Just do what your supposed to do , eat less/ eat right and exercise more!

The other one that gets me going is " its easy for you to say your naturally slim" erm no im not! I work ****ing hard lol!

Sorry its cos iv had this conversation with someone already today haha and now im on one
Johnboy2007 is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 03-08-2010, 04:13 PM   #17
SILVIO_DANTE
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 1000

lol @ "on protein shakes". they're not steroids. it's a couple scoops of protein power mixed with milk/water.

your favourite boxer drinks them

but it's def true that the whole "some people are just naturally slim/fat" is 90% bullshit. guarantee if you take the slimmest and fattest people you know the fatties will all eat worse food and more of it
SILVIO_DANTE is offline  Top
Old 03-08-2010, 04:32 PM   #18
Johnboy2007
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 1075

Quote:
Originally Posted by SILVIO_DANTE View Post
lol @ "on protein shakes". they're not steroids. it's a couple scoops of protein power mixed with milk/water.

your favourite boxer drinks them

but it's def true that the whole "some people are just naturally slim/fat" is 90% bullshit. guarantee if you take the slimmest and fattest people you know the fatties will all eat worse food and more of it

didnt say protein shakes were anything like steroids just saying people assume i must take them cos i train. Someones said to me once how do you possibly get enough protein?? I replied with from food weird i know!!

i work in a doctors surgery like i said so the old i cant help it im fat cos its in my genes wears a bit thin. My parents and grand parents were all fat so it must be in the genes ( not its cos they all ate shit!)

Sorry slightly off topic now lol
Johnboy2007 is offline  Top
Old 03-09-2010, 05:01 PM   #19
mgmark7
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

Got to agree nutrition is the most important part of losing fat. Not only what to eat but when to eat. Some do use drugs like clenbuterol, ephedrine asprin and caffine (eca stack), various brand name over the counter 'fat burners'. All are potentially dangerous if used incorrectly.

Anyone one wanting to lose fat needs to educate themself on what food is, what it does in the body and how much actually has to be consumed to achieve fat loss then maintain a healthy body weight. There's plenty of good information out there.

A simple approach is to get a book that gives the amount of calories in different foods. Write down everything that is eaten for 3 days, work out the amount of calories consumed and divide by 3. This gives a daily calorific count that is maintaining the current bodyweight. Reduce this by 500cals and start doing cardio. This is only a rough guide.
mgmark7 is offline  Top
Old 03-09-2010, 05:49 PM   #20
PugilistStudent
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

vCash: 500

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silver View Post
heard alot about this acia berry stuff but not to sure how credible it is. Whats the best wieght loos supplement that you know of that? Something you know has worked for you. talking about losing 30 to 50 pounds.
exercise...
PugilistStudent is offline  Top
Old 03-09-2010, 06:05 PM   #21
Koa
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 75

Exercise, and pushaways.. From the table where you eat at.

Some evidence that cardio work is actually not as good as intense interval work, as cardio tends to be catabolic/consume muscle and fat.. Where intense interval work doesn't tend to be.
Koa is offline  Top
Old 03-09-2010, 07:03 PM   #22
elTerrible
TeamElite General Manager
East Side Guru

vCash: 75

Quote:
Originally Posted by mgmark7 View Post
Got to agree nutrition is the most important part of losing fat. Not only what to eat but when to eat. Some do use drugs like clenbuterol, ephedrine asprin and caffine (eca stack), various brand name over the counter 'fat burners'. All are potentially dangerous if used incorrectly.

Anyone one wanting to lose fat needs to educate themself on what food is, what it does in the body and how much actually has to be consumed to achieve fat loss then maintain a healthy body weight. There's plenty of good information out there.

A simple approach is to get a book that gives the amount of calories in different foods. Write down everything that is eaten for 3 days, work out the amount of calories consumed and divide by 3. This gives a daily calorific count that is maintaining the current bodyweight. Reduce this by 500cals and start doing cardio. This is only a rough guide.

Yeah most of the supplements are bullshit and there is a huge margin on those things they must make a fortune on them. There is always some latest herb or trend. Before it was grapefruit, now its acai and hoodia. There are some things that really will work like stimulants but you cant recommend that to someone who is 30-50 pounds overweight. It can be dangerous for anybody and it is likely worse for someone who is that overweight and wants to rely solely on them.
elTerrible is offline  Top
Old 03-12-2010, 02:45 AM   #23
curmudgeon
Contender
ESB Senior Member

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

Eat less and exercise
curmudgeon is offline  Top
Old 03-12-2010, 11:43 AM   #24
vibit
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

vCash: 920

You can also try appetite suppressants...but almost all of them are banned for competition. They would help with controlling your diet, at least at first.
vibit is offline  Top
Old 03-12-2010, 02:33 PM   #25
Son of Gaul
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 248

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silver View Post
heard alot about this acia berry stuff but not to sure how credible it is. Whats the best wieght loos supplement that you know of that? Something you know has worked for you. talking about losing 30 to 50 pounds.
I'm not a big fan of weight loss supplements. Very dangerous...
If basic dietary discipline and exercise doesn't work then you need to fight at a higher weight.
Son of Gaul is online now  Top
Old 03-16-2010, 06:30 AM   #26
Broxi
Me Whee!
ESB Addict

vCash: 3681

Cocaine, Speed, Ephedrine and Acai Berries.

And then maybe use one of those electric shock / pulse belt things you can buy off the internet and you can strap that on while you watch TV.

That should shift the weight in no time.

The other way would probably be a balanced diet and a regular training routine over an 8 month period but that seems a hell of a lot of work to me.
Broxi is offline  Top
Old 03-16-2010, 04:01 PM   #27
KillSomething
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 202

Quote:
Originally Posted by Broxi View Post
Cocaine, Speed, Ephedrine and Acai Berries.

And then maybe use one of those electric shock / pulse belt things you can buy off the internet and you can strap that on while you watch TV.

That should shift the weight in no time.

The other way would probably be a balanced diet and a regular training routine over an 8 month period but that seems a hell of a lot of work to me.
Meth and crack are much more effective, imo. Cheaper too.
KillSomething is offline  Top
Old 03-17-2010, 01:06 AM   #28
PugilistStudent
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

vCash: 500

Quote:
Originally Posted by KillSomething View Post
Meth and crack are much more effective, imo. Cheaper too.
Your obviously not getting the good stuff. Give me a call I'll hook you up 555-1116
PugilistStudent is offline  Top
Old 03-17-2010, 11:43 PM   #29
bald_head_slick
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

Road work and "push backs" (pushing back off of the dinner table)

Get a late night run and stop eating after 5. The weight will peel off, but you will be miserable.
bald_head_slick is offline  Top
Old 03-18-2010, 12:56 AM   #30
KillSomething
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 202

Quote:
Originally Posted by bald_head_slick View Post
Road work and "push backs" (pushing back off of the dinner table)

Get a late night run and stop eating after 5. The weight will peel off, but you will be miserable.
Yes you surely will...
KillSomething is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Boxing Training/Amateur Boxing