Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum

Old 03-08-2010, 04:53 AM   #1
stegsie
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

vCash: 1000
Default VIP Boxing News

GARY SYKES Did not perform to his best but did enough to win The British Super-Featherweight title beating Andy Morris on points in a cracking fight with all 3 judges scoring in his favour. Gary was very nervous but settled down to show plenty of heart and determination to go with his good work rate , now he is a champion the confidence will grow and we hope that his next performance will show his full variety of shots and a more mature performance. Gary is now undefeated in 14 and we hope to win the Lonsdale belt outright and then move on to European level.

TYRONE NURSE - Moved to 12-0 with what proved a tricky victory over Adam Kelly . Tyrone Was a bit flat early on and did not use his excellent jab as much as normal and was even caught square in round 2 that saw him touch down in embarrassment .That was the wake up call he needed and he rose , shook of his laughter and started to control the fight which saw him a comfortable 58-56 winner on points.

JOSH WARRINGTON - Dominated his 4 round contest which was also shown on SKY and the 19 year old moves to 3-0 .

CHAD GAYNOR - Chad shown his ability last Sunday at Rotherham when he moved to 3-0 with a third round stoppage victory

BRETT FLOURNEY - Is back down to Welterweight after his adventure in the Light-Middleweight Prize-fighter competition which saw him loose in the final to Prince Arran. Brett won his first 2 fights with ease and was also winning the final until he touched down in the last round swinging the votes the other way. Brett can make the 10st 7lb limit and is now looking for meaningful fights at this weight and would be willing to fight anyone in a eliminator including local boy Michael Jennings.

14TH MARCH AT BOLTON - All is running well for this weeks VIP show which will be topped by local hero Alex Mattvienko with a very full undercard . Following the jinxed Blackpool show which had to be cancelled the already mega show will have extra fights added from Blackpool , full details will be posted shortly.
stegsie is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 03-08-2010, 06:29 AM   #2
Gaz S
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 1000
Default Re: VIP Boxing News

Great test for Tyrone. Went down, got cut, but still ground out a convincing win. It can only help his character development, and it shows he's not going to crumble the instant something goes against him. I thought it was a good peformance.

Great from Sykes too, but I think the fight was that good, and close enough, that it warrants a rematch. Both performed excellently in the bout, and I think Morris deserves another chance. I certainly wouldn't mind seeing it again!
Gaz S is offline  Top
Old 03-08-2010, 08:25 AM   #3
Mazallan
ESB yes man
ESB Addict

Location: Tempted by the fruit of another...tempted that the truth is discovered..
vCash: 1841

Thanks for the update. Sykes vs Morris II would be nice.
Mazallan is offline  Top
Old 03-08-2010, 09:23 AM   #4
kosaros
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

vCash: 999

A good move from Flourney to drop down to Welterweight even though the division is stacked domestically. Could be some very good match-ups for him and the exposure of Prizefighter will only help in him getting some good opponents (hopefully). I wouldn't mind seeing him in against Kevin McIntyre over 10 rounds.

Cheers for the update Stegsie
kosaros is offline  Top
Old 03-08-2010, 09:53 AM   #5
Mazallan
ESB yes man
ESB Addict

Location: Tempted by the fruit of another...tempted that the truth is discovered..
vCash: 1841

Flourney vs Lomax or Watson would be interesting.
Mazallan is offline  Top
Old 03-08-2010, 10:28 AM   #6
kosaros
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

vCash: 999

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mazallan View Post
Flourney vs Lomax or Watson would be interesting.
I'm pretty confident that he would beat Lomax after seeing how comfortably Flourney dealt with Prince Arron's height in the first two rounds of their fight. I think Watson would beat him though.
kosaros is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum