Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum

Old 03-08-2010, 01:49 PM   #1
Darni187
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 75
Default The 140 division is becoming more clear, Bradley and Alexander ones to beat for Khan.

With Alexander winning a TKO win over Urango and becoming the unified 140 champion holding the WBC/IBF,we know Bradley who holds the WBO tiltle is seen by many as the No.1 140 fighter.

We know Khan as joined GBP the fight over in the U.S and to up the level of comp, but do you guys feel Khan is ready for any of these two guys soon? this year?

Who can Khan fight after Paulie if he wins looking really good?

Would Roach or GBP let him fight these guys this year?

I feel Khan has to keep fighing guys in the top 10 because otherwise no one would want to see him fight in the U.S, the level of comp has to remain at a good level as he himself is a title holder and this I think is the key, Khan as a world title holder has to fight the top fighters in the division.
Darni187 is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 03-08-2010, 01:51 PM   #2
kosaros
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

vCash: 999
Default Re: The 140 division is becoming more clear, Bradley and Alexander ones to beat for K

Khan should fight the winner of Maidana/Cayo or Urango next. I don't think he is ready for Bradley or Alexander yet.
kosaros is offline  Top
Old 03-08-2010, 01:53 PM   #3
TFFP
The Eskimo
East Side VIP

vCash: 2500
Default Re: The 140 division is becoming more clear, Bradley and Alexander ones to beat for K

Yep -- they are looking the stand outs right now. Bradley has for a while in truth. It's up to Khan to do a similarly convincing job on Malignaggi to get his name up in that category.
TFFP is offline  Top
Old 03-08-2010, 01:54 PM   #4
KCD
All aboard.
ESB Addict

vCash: 1000

Darni is to Amir Khan what Flint Island is/was to Enzo Maccaranelli

Khan as Kosaros says should fight the winner of Cayo and Maidana, IF he gets past Malignaggi.
KCD is offline  Top
Old 03-08-2010, 01:58 PM   #5
LP_1985
JMM beat Pac-Man 3 Times
East Side VIP

Location: Vicente Carrillo Fuentes Organization HQ, Home of Team Mexico

so if ortiz rapes nate campbell where in the mix wud u put him. i actually think alexander is the man to beat at 140
LP_1985 is offline  Top
Old 03-08-2010, 02:01 PM   #6
TFFP
The Eskimo
East Side VIP

vCash: 2500

Bradley is still the man to beat. He's the most proven. He's beat Witter before Alexander did away from home, he beat Holt who was a former champ, Petersen who was considered a talented and dangerous challenger, he was whooping the shit out of Nate Campbell before Nate found a way out.
TFFP is offline  Top
Old 03-08-2010, 02:03 PM   #7
Mazallan
ESB yes man
ESB Addict

Location: Tempted by the fruit of another...tempted that the truth is discovered..
vCash: 1841

Khan will destroy anyone in the division.
Mazallan is offline  Top
Old 03-08-2010, 02:04 PM   #8
LP_1985
JMM beat Pac-Man 3 Times
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by TFFP View Post
Bradley is still the man to beat. He's the most proven. He's beat Witter before Alexander did away from home, he beat Holt who was a former champ, Petersen who was considered a talented and dangerous challenger, he was whooping the shit out of Nate Campbell before Nate found a way out.
bradley is more proven. i'll re-*hrase it. i think alexender is the better fighter and will prove so in the next year
LP_1985 is offline  Top
Old 03-08-2010, 02:07 PM   #9
ishy
P4P King
East Side VIP

vCash: 500

Golden Boy will keep stuff in house for a while. They've got JMM, Ortiz, Hatton, Nate, Maidana, Mathysse and Harris.

Bradley is numero uno at the weight. Real shame that's he's struggling to get opponents. I think that Bradley-Alexander could be built up to be a massive all-American fight in the next year or two .
ishy is offline  Top
Old 03-08-2010, 02:08 PM   #10
robpalmer135
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

they may be the ones to beat but Hatton is the the cash cow
robpalmer135 is offline  Top
Old 03-08-2010, 02:08 PM   #11
LP_1985
JMM beat Pac-Man 3 Times
East Side VIP

these guys shud all be fighting now. if they lose so wat. cud make for some great trilogies
LP_1985 is offline  Top
Old 03-08-2010, 02:13 PM   #12
Losfer_Words
★★★ 2 TONE EXPRESS ★★★
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by ishy View Post
Golden Boy will keep stuff in house for a while. They've got JMM, Ortiz, Hatton, Nate, Maidana, Mathysse and Harris.

Bradley is numero uno at the weight. Real shame that's he's struggling to get opponents. I think that Bradley-Alexander could be built up to be a massive all-American fight in the next year or two .
Personally, I think if Khan gets past Malignaggi (which isn't as foregone a conclusion as some believe it is, IMO), I think he should take the Maidana-Cayo winner. Good fight and, as you say, it's an in-house fight so it's easy to make.

Stylistically, I feel Khan has all the advantages over Bradley but, given Bradley's ability to improve immensely after each fight, it could be a tough ask. All of that said, I am really liking what I see in Alexander; I think he has the potential to dominate 140 for a long time.

Anywho, both Bradley and Alexander have said that they do want to fight each other and given that Bradley currently can't find a dance partner, I think the fight could well happen next. HBO brought Bradley's name up as well prior to Zab's attention seeking.

Make the fight!
Losfer_Words is offline  Top
Old 03-08-2010, 02:17 PM   #13
The Blackout
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 350

Bradley and Alexander look the real deal to be fair. Both look very solid and good all round fighters.

Alexander has impressed me a lot with performances and victories over Witter and Urango. I don't think Khan can say he's faced anyone of that quality yet either. Kotelnik was a solid, if unspecatular world title holder - Khan did a good nights work to beat him convincingly, but he was matched perfectly. I think Witter would have been a harder fight for him to be honest.

It's going to be really interesting to see who GBP match Khan up with after the Malignaggi fight. I'd imagine the big but fading names of Juan Marquez and Nate Campbell will be high on the list.
The Blackout is offline  Top
Old 03-08-2010, 02:19 PM   #14
LP_1985
JMM beat Pac-Man 3 Times
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Blackout View Post
Bradley and Alexander look the real deal to be fair. Both look very solid and good all round fighters.

Alexander has impressed me a lot with performances and victories over Witter and Urango. I don't think Khan can say he's faced anyone of that quality yet either. Kotelnik was a solid, if unspecatular world title holder - Khan did a good nights work to beat him convincingly, but he was matched perfectly. I think Witter would have been a harder fight for him to be honest.

It's going to be really interesting to see who GBP match Khan up with after the Malignaggi fight. I'd imagine the big but fading names of Juan Marquez and Nate Campbell will be high on the list.
ortiz beats campbell
LP_1985 is offline  Top
Old 03-08-2010, 02:25 PM   #15
Rangersfan1982
Belt holder
ESB Addict

No one really knows if he's ready or not. Especially with the poor quality of opponents he has faced so far. Malignaggi will be a decent test for him. The most interesting thing for me is what happens when he gets caught with a decent shot. It's bound to happen sooner or later with the step up in opposition.
Rangersfan1982 is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum