Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum

Old 03-10-2010, 10:19 AM   #1
Guy
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 1000
Default Vitali blames no Lewis rematch on Lennox's mum, whats his motivation

Is he trying to humiliate an old Lennox out of retirement or just still bitter at the fight been stopped all those years ago .

I mean the man can't stop ****ing talking about Lewis can he!

You can imagine him wittering on to his grand kids about the cowardly Englishman and how he almost conquered him if not for his glass cheek.

Let it go Vitali "'Mummy I want Haye I'm the man of the house" Albert's coming to beat your ass.......hopefully.
Guy is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 03-10-2010, 10:22 AM   #2
Guy
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Default Re: Vitali blames no Lewis rematch on Lennox's mum, whats his motivation

oops meant to put in lounge, where it belongs
Guy is offline  Top
Old 03-10-2010, 10:25 AM   #3
20a87
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 3071
Default Re: Vitali blames no Lewis rematch on Lennox's mum, whats his motivation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guy View Post
Is he trying to humiliate an old Lennox out of retirement or just still bitter at the fight been stopped all those years ago .

I mean the man can't stop ****ing talking about Lewis can he!

You can imagine him wittering on to his grand kids about the cowardly Englishman and how he almost conquered him if not for his glass cheek.

Let it go Vitali "'Mummy I want Haye I'm the man of the house" Albert's coming to beat your ass.......hopefully.
20a87 is offline  Top
Old 03-10-2010, 10:28 AM   #4
FLINT ISLAND
PENYRHEOL
ESB Addict

Lennox didnt even want the fight - his heart was already in reitrment

He was lined up for a easy fight against fat boy Kirk Johnson

But when Johnson pulled out - Vitali stepped in.

Lewis - and most people - underestinmted Vitali

And he shook Lewis to his core on several occassions

Once Lewis realised he was a serious fighter and challenger to his throne - he said **** going through all that again

Time to retire

Its Lewis own fault he stuck about for the one last fight - just for what he thought was a easy defence against a bum

But when Kirk pulled out - late sub - Vitali stepped in - and left question marks over Lewis's last fight and legacy.
FLINT ISLAND is offline  Top
Old 03-10-2010, 10:35 AM   #5
Guy
Belt holder
ESB Addict

I suppose Vitali's moment of glory was snatched away from him forever because if he had beaten Lennox it would have been his finest victory even today.
Guy is offline  Top
Old 03-10-2010, 10:43 AM   #6
NoHomeJerome
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 75

It's Vitali's defining fight.

Sad.
NoHomeJerome is offline  Top
Old 03-10-2010, 10:45 AM   #7
dwpainz
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

[ and left question marks over Lewis's last fight and legacy.[/quote]

Lewis Legacy was already sealed and is goals accomplished before this fight took place , Yes lennox got rocked and was down on the score cards but he was starting to land the big bombs up untill the stoppage. the only question mark in that fight is who would of won had the fight contuined.
to get that result at the end of he's career wasn't to shabby he retired with a win and champion

Lewis might of thought i dont want to go threw that again with Vitali
but he was at the end of he's career with nothing left to prove
dwpainz is offline  Top
Old 03-10-2010, 11:07 AM   #8
Beeston Brawler
Comical Ali-egedly
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guy View Post
I suppose Vitali's moment of glory was snatched away from him forever because if he had beaten Lennox it would have been his finest victory even today.
Pretty much my take on it.

No matter what he'd done before, or what he's done since, including coming off a four year layoff to win the title back in his returning contest..... still nothing in comparison to what a win over Lewis would have been.
Beeston Brawler is offline  Top
Old 03-10-2010, 11:15 AM   #9
HMSTempleGarden
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 2522

Lewis' legacy should never be in doubt.
HMSTempleGarden is offline  Top
Old 03-10-2010, 11:15 AM   #10
ontheup
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 500

A tip top Lewis always beat Vitali, he is somewhat over-rated becuase of his losing performance against an unmotivated Lewis.
ontheup is offline  Top
Old 03-10-2010, 11:33 AM   #11
DDA365
Gatecrasher
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forgive Me View Post
But when Kirk pulled out - late sub - Vitali stepped in - and left question marks over Lewis's last fight and legacy.
Nahhhhhh

Beating his successor to the heavyweight throne when he was old and out of shape is massively impressive. Does no harm to him whatsoever, its a very very good win.
DDA365 is offline  Top
Old 03-10-2010, 11:41 AM   #12
ishy
P4P King
East Side VIP

vCash: 500

The Press Association's report of this story is ****ing gay. It's on the Guardian, Daily Mail and London Evening Standard's (amongst others website).

This is what it says:
Quote:

Lewis beat Klitschko in June 2003 in controversial circumstances, retaining his WBC title when the fight was stopped after the sixth round in Los Angeles. The Ukrainian had a deep cut above his left eye but led on the judges' scorecards when officials ruled he could not continue. In the referee's opinion the cut had been caused by a punch, which meant that Lewis was automatically declared the winner.

If it had been ruled that the cut had been caused by a headbutt, Klitschko would have won the title as he was ahead on the scorecards at the time.
WTF?! The issue of scorecards does not need to be brought up, there was no controversy over whether it was punches or a headclash that caused the cuts (plural!). It is clearly ****ing evident that all the cuts were caused by punches from Lewis.
ishy is online now  Top
Old 03-10-2010, 11:49 AM   #13
Beeston Brawler
Comical Ali-egedly
East Side VIP

So by that reckoning, Jackson vs Graham is controversial?
Beeston Brawler is offline  Top
Old 03-10-2010, 12:09 PM   #14
Guy
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beeston Brawler View Post
So by that reckoning, Jackson vs Graham is controversial?

I've always been suspicious of that one, was it really a KO that caused the unconsciousness...
Guy is offline  Top
Old 03-10-2010, 12:12 PM   #15
Robert
Belt holder
ESB Addict

the had only boxed 6 rounds and klit was only up by 2points (4 rounds 2) there was still a long way to go in the fight
Robert is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum