Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Australian Boxing Forum


Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 03-10-2010, 07:47 PM   #16
perfect jet
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 3,443
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Robbie Peden V Nate Campbell

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashley View Post
Tend to agree...however

Peden has been out for almost 3 years while Nate has gone on to become a star beating Juan Diaz and Ali Fenuka and wining 3 world title fights.

Your not thinking Robbie is going to fight Nate again....are you
Become a star? After picking up three belts against Diaz, he sat on the shelf for a year and then lost em on the scales against Funeka. Then had a loss changed to a NC against Bradley. He dumped King and had to beg GBP for a contract.

Now he is being fed to Ortiz. Star??? No.
perfect jet is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-10-2010, 07:51 PM   #17
Dr Gonzo
Yo! Molesta La Breastas!
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: West Chester, PA
Posts: 5,966
vCash: 75
Default Re: Robbie Peden V Nate Campbell

Quote:
Originally Posted by perfect jet View Post
Become a star? After picking up three belts against Diaz, he sat on the shelf for a year and then lost em on the scales against Funeka. Then had a loss changed to a NC against Bradley. He dumped King and had to beg GBP for a contract.

Now he is being fed to Ortiz. Star??? No.
his fight against Diaz was a classic

but he only scraped through against Funeka and came in at 138 and lost his belts

he was getting pounded by Bradley

I agree, could have been a star but by the time he got his big break he was not hungry anymore
Dr Gonzo is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2010, 08:10 PM   #18
ashley
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: "Mr 3 time"
Posts: 12,096
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Robbie Peden V Nate Campbell

Quote:
Originally Posted by perfect jet View Post
Become a star? After picking up three belts against Diaz, he sat on the shelf for a year and then lost em on the scales against Funeka. Then had a loss changed to a NC against Bradley. He dumped King and had to beg GBP for a contract.

Now he is being fed to Ortiz. Star??? No.
In the context of Peden being out of boxing.....he's taking on the best in the division and best LW in the world (Bradley)

I would call that one guy retired and one guy on the big screen PPV
ashley is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2010, 08:27 PM   #19
perfect jet
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 3,443
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Robbie Peden V Nate Campbell

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashley View Post
In the context of Peden being out of boxing.....he's taking on the best in the division and best LW in the world (Bradley)

I would call that one guy retired and one guy on the big screen PPV
I couldn't care less what you call it. Going on that windbag logic, anyone who contests a title fight on ppv is a star.

Ridiculous.
perfect jet is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2010, 08:29 PM   #20
ashley
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: "Mr 3 time"
Posts: 12,096
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Robbie Peden V Nate Campbell

Quote:
Originally Posted by perfect jet View Post
I couldn't care less what you call it. Going on that windbag logic, Fernando Angulo can call himself a star.
Read the paper mate...Fernando lost
ashley is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2010, 08:30 PM   #21
Dr Gonzo
Yo! Molesta La Breastas!
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: West Chester, PA
Posts: 5,966
vCash: 75
Default Re: Robbie Peden V Nate Campbell

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashley View Post
In the context of Peden being out of boxing.....he's taking on the best in the division and best LW in the world (Bradley)

I would call that one guy retired and one guy on the big screen PPV
Bradley is LWW not LW

I give Nate a fair chance of beating Ortiz actually... Nate is a cunning old bastard and as tough as nails
Dr Gonzo is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2010, 08:59 PM   #22
ashley
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: "Mr 3 time"
Posts: 12,096
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Robbie Peden V Nate Campbell

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Gonzo View Post
Bradley is LWW not LW

I give Nate a fair chance of beating Ortiz actually... Nate is a cunning old bastard and as tough as nails
I know...welterweight is one word

I would pick Nate over Ortiz...1 thing is for sure it will be one hell of a fight
ashley is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2010, 09:10 PM   #23
perfect jet
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 3,443
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Robbie Peden V Nate Campbell

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashley View Post
Read the paper mate...Fernando lost
But he is he a star? LOL.
perfect jet is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2010, 09:13 PM   #24
ashley
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: "Mr 3 time"
Posts: 12,096
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Robbie Peden V Nate Campbell

Quote:
Originally Posted by perfect jet View Post
But he is he a star? LOL.
I see you edited that call on Fernando when you realised you were about to get owned
ashley is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2010, 09:56 PM   #25
perfect jet
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 3,443
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Robbie Peden V Nate Campbell

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashley View Post
I see you edited that call on Fernando when you realised you were about to get owned
No, he was going to stay but you would have got me on a technicality...he fought on a ppv (atleast oz) but he didn't take on a world champ.

Come to think of it, you probably still label Fernando a star simply for fighting Zappa

Haven't you got better things to do than monitor my post history/edits???
perfect jet is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2010, 10:07 PM   #26
ashley
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: "Mr 3 time"
Posts: 12,096
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Robbie Peden V Nate Campbell

Quote:
Originally Posted by perfect jet View Post
No, he was going to stay but you would have got me on a technicality...he fought on a ppv (atleast oz) but he didn't take on a world champ.

Come to think of it, you probably still label Fernando a star simply for fighting Zappa

Haven't you got better things to do than monitor my post history/edits???



Yes but when I spotted this ownage opportunity I couldn’t resist

ashley is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2010, 10:13 PM   #27
perfect jet
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 3,443
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Robbie Peden V Nate Campbell

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashley View Post
[/color]


Yes but when I spotted this ownage opportunity I couldn’t resist

Look, go and read fightnews post fight report on Zappa/Angulo. If that doesn't cheer you up, read Nick Walkinshaws piece in yesterdays Daily Telegraph. Other than than that, they were about the only pieces of about 5000 post fight reports that were favourable for Leonardo.

Listen, if you have time, email Walkinshaw. He said something like "If this guy was the winner, imagine what the loser looks like..."

Pity he didn't post a pic of Angulo. Maybe his face was beaten beyond recognition. He looked untouched though huh?
perfect jet is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2010, 10:20 PM   #28
ashley
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: "Mr 3 time"
Posts: 12,096
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Robbie Peden V Nate Campbell

Quote:
Originally Posted by perfect jet View Post
Look, go and read fightnews post fight report on Zappa/Angulo. If that doesn't cheer you up, read Nick Walkinshaws piece in yesterdays Daily Telegraph. Other than than that, they were about the only pieces of about 5000 post fight reports that were favourable for Leonardo.

Listen, if you have time, email Walkinshaw. He said something like "If this guy was the winner, imagine what the loser looks like..."

Pity he didn't post a pic of Angulo. Maybe his face was beaten beyond recognition. He looked untouched though huh?
Mate..this thread is about Peden.....oh and you getting owned ....dont bring "Angulo got robbed" into this thread...thats another thread
ashley is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2010, 10:51 PM   #29
perfect jet
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 3,443
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Robbie Peden V Nate Campbell

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashley View Post
Mate..this thread is about Peden.....oh and you getting owned ....dont bring "Angulo got robbed" into this thread...thats another thread
Ok sorry.

i'l leave now.
perfect jet is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2010, 11:08 PM   #30
ipswich express
Champion
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Posts: 5,934
vCash: 75
Default Re: Robbie Peden V Nate Campbell

I was at the rematch and thought the fight looked a lot closer on TV than what I saw ringside. I had Robbie up by a few rounds.
ipswich express is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Reply

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Australian Boxing Forum

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump





All times are GMT -4. The time now is 07:33 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Boxing News 24 Forum 2013