Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum

Old 03-11-2010, 08:47 AM   #1
stegsie
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

vCash: 1000
Default Matvienko’s revenge mission

ALEX MATVIENKO is out for revenge when he tackles Geraint Harvey on VIP Boxing’s 12-fight talent stacked show at Bolton’s Reebok Stadium on Sunday (March 14).

Tough guy Harvey has twice defeated the ‘One Man Riot’s’ close pal and VIP stablemate Chris Johnson.

But promoter Steve Wood insists there won’t be another upset predicting: “Alex is on a good run and in the mood to cause Harvey non-stop problems.

“He has sold a lot of tickets in his hometown and won’t be letting his fans down.

“Alex puts so much into boxing and improvement is coming. I don’t see why he shouldn’t be involved in British title eliminators by the end of the year.”

Matvienko, 31, is the current British Masters light-middleweight champion and shares Wood’s optimism for the future.

Matvienko (14-1) said: “I’m not saying I am the next world champion, but I would love to go on and fight for the British title. My Masters title means the world.

“How far can I go in the sport? Who’s to say? I just want to be as good as I possibly can be.

“I don’t want to leave boxing with any excuses. I want to know that I have given my best and with the team I have behind me feel I can continue to progress.”

Wood is delighted with the quality of his promotion after the cancellation of a recent Blackpool card adding: “My cards are value for money and this more than makes up for the Blackpool nightmare.”

An exciting undercard features John Kays, Shayne Singleton, ****** Tansey, Nick Quigley, Stephen Jennings, Johnson, Shaun Docherty, Paul Economides and debutants Austin Hornsby, Joe Collins and Liam Walsh.

Walsh has played for Great Britain’s amateur rugby league team and has sold more than 100 tickets for his first pro fight.

Tickets are available from boxers on the show priced £30 and £50, [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] or available on the door.
stegsie is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 03-11-2010, 10:19 AM   #2
Mazallan
ESB yes man
ESB Addict

Location: Tempted by the fruit of another...tempted that the truth is discovered..
vCash: 1841
Default Re: Matvienko’s revenge mission

Thanks for the update.
Mazallan is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum