Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > European Boxing Forum

Old 03-11-2010, 01:59 PM   #1
Sakura
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 1000
Default Robert Helenius – Gbenga Oloukun March 26 In Finland

Unbeaten heavyweight sensation Robert Helenius (11-0, 7 KOs) will return to the ring on March 26 when he takes on Gbenga “Bang Bang” Oloukun at the Töölö Sporthall in Helsinki, Finland. The 26-year-old comes off a string of spectacular KO victories, including an impressive eighth-round stoppage of former WBO Heavyweight Champion Lamon Brewster. “Robert has enormous potential,” Team Sauerland sports director Hagen Doering said at a press conference in Helsinki on Thursday. “The fact that he stopped Brewster in just his 11th fight tells you something about his class. He has got what it takes to be a champion one day..”
Against Oloukun (17-3, 10 KOs), Helenius is determined to continue where he left it against Brewster. “My goal is to be the heavyweight champion of the world,” Helenius said. “That is what I work hard for every day. I know that Oloukun wants to destroy my dreams, but I will not allow him to do that. I need to beat him on my way to the top.”
Ten months after stopping Scott Gammer at the Hartwall Arena in round six, Helenius is thrilled to be back in the ring in Finland. “It is great to get to fight in Finland in front of my friends and my family,” he said. “I want to show my skills and impress them. The training for this fight has been great. I have been sparring for two weeks and will do two more weeks. Team Sauerland has been able to arrange some great boxers to spar with. I have got the chance to spar with guys like Kubrat Pulev and Tyson Fury. That helps me a lot. I am already in a very good shape.”
Sakura is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 03-11-2010, 03:42 PM   #2
Brickhaus
Packs the house
East Side VIP

vCash: 75
Default Re: Robert Helenius – Gbenga Oloukun March 26 In Finland

Universum is really milking the hell out of Olukun, aren't they? I feel like this is a step back from Bidenko.
Brickhaus is offline  Top
Old 03-11-2010, 04:17 PM   #3
Sakura
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brickhaus View Post
Universum is really milking the hell out of Olukun, aren't they? I feel like this is a step back from Bidenko.
Agree. Oloukon is only fight which keep Helenius active...rumours say next could be Denis Boytsov and WBA Inter-Continental heavyweight title..
Sakura is offline  Top
Old 03-11-2010, 04:53 PM   #4
Aint no stoppin
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sakura View Post
Agree. Oloukon is only fight which keep Helenius active...rumours say next could be Denis Boytsov and WBA Inter-Continental heavyweight title..

**** yesssssssssssss!
Aint no stoppin is offline  Top
Old 03-11-2010, 05:05 PM   #5
Brickhaus
Packs the house
East Side VIP

Helenius-Boytsov would be interesting, but I'm surprised they would pit their two best prospects against each other. I'm not sure either one is ready for the other yet.
Brickhaus is offline  Top
Old 03-11-2010, 05:58 PM   #6
Vysotsky
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brickhaus View Post
Helenius-Boytsov would be interesting, but I'm surprised they would pit their two best prospects against each other. I'm not sure either one is ready for the other yet.
That has me scratching my head too.

It would definitely be interesting and it would answer the one question i have about Boytsov, his chin. Whoever would win that fight i think should fight maybe 1 or 2 more fights and go for a title shot.
Vysotsky is offline  Top
Old 03-12-2010, 04:43 AM   #7
Sakura
Belt holder
ESB Addict

It's only rumour..altought, if this is truth seems like Kohl feeding his fighters to Sauerland..
Boystov is good, but to small to be equal with Helenius
Sakura is offline  Top
Old 03-31-2010, 05:13 AM   #8
Goodhill
Iron Horse - born to lose
ESB Addict

Helenius said himself - after Oloukun fight - that the next match would have been against Valuev. Due to the fact that Helenius broke his right hand during Oloukun fight the match was at least postponed. Helenius - Valuev would have been in May in Helsinki, Finland.
Goodhill is offline  Top
Old 03-31-2010, 07:42 AM   #9
Aint no stoppin
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodhill View Post
Helenius said himself - after Oloukun fight - that the next match would have been against Valuev. Due to the fact that Helenius broke his right hand during Oloukun fight the match was at least postponed. Helenius - Valuev would have been in May in Helsinki, Finland.
i really hope valuev vs helenius will still happen in !
keep us updated!
Old 03-31-2010, 08:29 AM   #10
Goodhill
Iron Horse - born to lose
ESB Addict

Try to - Helenius´s hand was supposed to be operated in monday in Germany. Since both Helenius and Valuev are within Sauerland, I would quess that the fight will probably happen.
Goodhill is offline  Top
Old 03-31-2010, 09:33 PM   #11
Cachibatches
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodhill View Post
Why in the hell is Valuev taking a fight against Helenius, who I think will beat him pretty handily, for a fraction of what he would ahve made against Vitali?

And with David Haye talking about a rematch besides?

Makes no sense to me. Maybe Valuev actually feels he will win, but I just can't see it at this stage of his carreer.
Cachibatches is offline  Top
Old 03-31-2010, 09:48 PM   #12
Aint no stoppin
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cachibatches View Post
Why in the hell is Valuev taking a fight against Helenius, who I think will beat him pretty handily, for a fraction of what he would ahve made against Vitali?

And with David Haye talking about a rematch besides?

Makes no sense to me. Maybe Valuev actually feels he will win, but I just can't see it at this stage of his carreer.
i dont know how much valuev has to say! but i think sauerland knows
that valuev wont win against haye ! And they know also helenius will win against the beast so helenius will be right there for a title shot against haye after he beats valuev!
cause valuev is still very high in the wba ranking! i just can hope that it is still the plan for a match between valuev and helenius!
Valuev actually said after the haye fight he wants to fight guys who are his size! So Here we go!
Old 03-31-2010, 11:00 PM   #13
Cachibatches
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aint no stoppin View Post
i dont know how much valuev has to say! but i think sauerland knows
that valuev wont win against haye ! And they know also helenius will win against the beast so helenius will be right there for a title shot against haye after he beats valuev!
cause valuev is still very high in the wba ranking! i just can hope that it is still the plan for a match between valuev and helenius!
Valuev actually said after the haye fight he wants to fight guys who are his size! So Here we go!
More power to The Nordic Nightmare! I always liked Valuev for what he is- not a classic boxer by any means but a guy who is awkward, durable, and very determined. Man never gets credit for coming in shape and pacing himself for twelve. But Helenius has a real future, and I think he would send Nikki to a well deserved, and very big, rocking chair.
Old 05-22-2010, 12:27 AM   #14
Ramon Rojo
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

Helenius vs. Haye is what i'm expecting. It will happen one day.
Ramon Rojo is offline  Top
Old 05-22-2010, 02:34 AM   #15
Cachibatches
Champion
East Side Guru

I read the other night that they are trying to put helenius against someone for the EU title. don't know the guy's name, but I believe he just beat Vidoz.

POST SCRIPT: Klaus Bertino

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > European Boxing Forum