Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum


Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 10-07-2007, 03:56 AM   #31
puga_ni_nana
Dempsey Roll
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 20,897
vCash: 75
Default Re: Pacman #1 P4p Now?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danny Ocean
pacquiao is a crying little faggot crying when barrera hit him on the break so ****ing what its a fight people call pbf a fag but when he got low blowed and punched in the back of the head he turned to the ref an said ''im ready to fight''

tell pacman and his dumb pacland boyfriends to grow a pair of balls and fight marquez or guzman
barrera is a dirty fighter. pacquiao needs to do that so that the referee sees it. remember that pacquiao plays basketball.

and to some of the people here especially the haters and floyd fans, of course you will not give pacquiao credit. if pacquiao was american, he could be the p4p#1. unfortunately he isn't so he must ramain at #2.
puga_ni_nana is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-07-2007, 03:59 AM   #32
kg0208
Champion
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Jacksonville, FL USA
Posts: 8,020
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Pacman #1 P4p Now?

Quote:
Originally Posted by puga_ni_nana
barrera is a dirty fighter. pacquiao needs to do that so that the referee sees it. remember that pacquiao plays basketball.

and to some of the people here especially the haters and floyd fans, of course you will not give pacquiao credit. if pacquiao was american, he could be the p4p#1. unfortunately he isn't so he must ramain at #2.
That's a cop out....please don't start playing that card. It has nothing to do with him being American, most of the top 10 P4P isn't American. PBF is simply considered a better fighter right now, and Hatton is a tougher fight than MAB at this stage IMO and many others. If Pacman was #1, and he was dropped from #1 without losing, you would be singing another tune entirely.

Last edited by the_what; 07-22-2006 at 10:10 AM.
kg0208 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2007, 04:09 AM   #33
puga_ni_nana
Dempsey Roll
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 20,897
vCash: 75
Default Re: Pacman #1 P4p Now?

Quote:
Originally Posted by kg0208
That's a cop out....please don't start playing that card. It has nothing to do with him being American, most of the top 10 P4P isn't American. PBF is simply considered a better fighter right now, and Hatton is a tougher fight than MAB at this stage IMO and many others. If Pacman was #1, and he was dropped from #1 without losing, you would be singing another tune entirely.
i admit i'm a little overboard. but when there's a little talk of pacquiao surpassing mayweather on the p4p list, here comes the mayweather boys and their line that mayweather is very way ahead and no matter what pac will do, he will be below him.

i think mayweather is still #1, unless he loss or undecisively win to hatton. but a little objectivity and open mindedness from our american friends seems fine.
puga_ni_nana is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2007, 04:09 AM   #34
Amsterdam
Boris Christoff
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 9,239
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Pacman #1 P4p Now?

I don't put much thought into the Hatton fight, Mayweather is going to obliterate Hatton and Hatton is a specifically hand picked opponent.

On the flipside, this fight with Barrera meant little at this point also.

So as it stands -

Mayweather #1

Pacman #2

Pac has to take out the Guzman/Soto winner or JMM to jump to #1 for me, Mayweather would have to definitley obliterate Hatton and then beat Shane/Cotto winner to ensure that Pacman is not catching up on him.
Amsterdam is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2007, 04:10 AM   #35
kg0208
Champion
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Jacksonville, FL USA
Posts: 8,020
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Pacman #1 P4p Now?

Quote:
Originally Posted by puga_ni_nana
i admit i'm a little overboard. but when there's a little talk of pacquiao surpassing mayweather on the p4p list, here comes the mayweather boys and their line that mayweather is very way ahead and no matter what pac will do, he will be below him.

i think mayweather is still #1, unless he loss or undecisively win to hatton. but a little objectivity and open mindedness from our american friends seems fine.
I understand your position. If the PBF fans go overboard, you are fighting fire with fire.

Gotcha.
kg0208 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2007, 04:18 AM   #36
Amsterdam
Boris Christoff
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 9,239
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Pacman #1 P4p Now?

Quote:
Originally Posted by kg0208
I understand your position. If the PBF fans go overboard, you are fighting fire with fire.

Gotcha.
Since everyone agree's that this Barrera-Pac bout had minimal significance at this point, save for the Pacman nutballs, I think my next target should be bringing realisation that Hatton-PBF is a hand picked bout and also means little.

Not that obliterating Hatton, which will definitley happen, Ricky's getting destroyed and stopped, hurts his ranking as Pacman being the #2 does not even step up after tonight, but it surely doesn't cement him in like some think it does.

Ricky Hatton at 147 is no Miguel Cotto and he's on the slide on top of it, despite the Castillo win. To add more on the pile, people are dumb to think that a slick counter puncher isn't Ricky's ultimate stylistic nemesis, I suppose they think all pressure guys are the same.

This is as certain as it gets in boxing for a Mayweather victory. Cotto would have definitley been a competitive fight, real close, Hatton's an after thought at the elite level for 147.
Amsterdam is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2007, 04:21 AM   #37
Morrissey
Underrated
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 3,166
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Pacman #1 P4p Now?

Nope.

Not yet.

If he beat fellow p4p JMM and either Soto or Guzman, then that would be it.

And if PBF did not impress in his next two fights, I might add.
Morrissey is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2007, 04:28 AM   #38
kg0208
Champion
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Jacksonville, FL USA
Posts: 8,020
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Pacman #1 P4p Now?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amsterdam
Since everyone agree's that this Barrera-Pac bout had minimal significance at this point, save for the Pacman nutballs, I think my next target should be bringing realisation that Hatton-PBF is a hand picked bout and also means little.

Not that obliterating Hatton, which will definitley happen, Ricky's getting destroyed and stopped, hurts his ranking as Pacman being the #2 does not even step up after tonight, but it surely doesn't cement him in like some think it does.

Ricky Hatton at 147 is no Miguel Cotto and he's on the slide on top of it, despite the Castillo win. To add more on the pile, people are dumb to think that a slick counter puncher isn't Ricky's ultimate stylistic nemesis, I suppose they think all pressure guys are the same.

This is as certain as it gets in boxing for a Mayweather victory. Cotto would have definitley been a competitive fight, real close, Hatton's an after thought at the elite level for 147.
The signifigance lies in the fact that PBF would be beating a top rated champion, an elite level and P4P fighter. Regardless of how easy it turns out to be. You cannot use a prediction of ease to somehow remove the quality of the win based on the stature of the fighter.

Jones would always beat Toney because of styles and make it look easy. That doesn't lessen the signifigance of the victory. Beating a highly rated champion is signifigant.

Another example. You have called for Calzaghe to win some signifigant fights with ease over some highly rated fighters of the past AND current. You have also stated that these fights would raise the profile of his resume. Does you prediction of the fight being easy (like your prediction here for PBF-Hatton) mean that you feel that those fights WOULDN'T raise the resume and profile of Calzaghe? Cuz you know they would.
kg0208 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2007, 04:30 AM   #39
Daft P
Contender
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Posts: 511
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Pacman #1 P4p Now?

If Pacman wants to be p4p no. 1. he should beat Marquez and winner of Guzman-Soto. For me, that would be convincing enough. However, he will not be able to achieve that....
Daft P is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2007, 04:35 AM   #40
Amsterdam
Boris Christoff
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 9,239
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Pacman #1 P4p Now?

Quote:
Originally Posted by kg0208
The signifigance lies in the fact that PBF would be beating a top rated champion, an elite level and P4P fighter. Regardless of how easy it turns out to be. You cannot use a prediction of ease to somehow remove the quality of the win based on the stature of the fighter.

Jones would always beat Toney because of styles and make it look easy. That doesn't lessen the signifigance of the victory. Beating a highly rated champion is signifigant.

Another example. You have called for Calzaghe to win some signifigant fights with ease over some highly rated fighters of the past AND current. You have also stated that these fights would raise the profile of his resume. Does you prediction of the fight being easy (like your prediction here for PBF-Hatton) mean that you feel that those fights WOULDN'T raise the resume and profile of Calzaghe? Cuz you know they would.
You missed the assessment of where Hatton is at 147, which is an after thought at the elite 147 level, he's also on the slide. It has little to do with how easy Floyd will dispose of him, because he'd also do it to some guys at 147 that would paste Hatton.

2 years ago this would have meant something, but not much now really. Hatton's an elite at 140, he's just an ordinary top 10 at 147.

Calzaghe may defeat Kessler easily, Kessler's a massive, skilled, elite SMW, he's not a guy who's undersized for the division coming up.

In a good comparison, this bout means about as much as Wright jumping to 170, a weight where he's not effective, if that makes sense.
Amsterdam is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2007, 04:41 AM   #41
kg0208
Champion
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Jacksonville, FL USA
Posts: 8,020
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Pacman #1 P4p Now?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amsterdam
You missed the assessment of where Hatton is at 147, which is an after thought at the elite 147 level, he's also on the slide. It has little to do with how easy Floyd will dispose of him, because he'd also do it to some guys at 147 that would paste Hatton.

2 years ago this would have meant something, but not much now really. Hatton's an elite at 140, he's just an ordinary top 10 at 147.

Calzaghe may defeat Kessler easily, Kessler's a massive, skilled, elite SMW, he's not a guy who's undersized for the division coming up.

In a good comparison, this bout means about as much as Wright jumping to 170, a weight where he's not effective, if that makes sense.
I didn't miss it. I just don't agree with it. Besides, Hatton won't be fighting at 147...he says he will fight at his 140 fight weight. And that is his best weight. I don't know why you think he is on the slide.....

And before you say that Hatton fighting at 140 is a disadvantage, we all know PBF is not a big WW, and PBF himself just fought DLH as a WW giving DLH a size advantage.

Wright jumped 2 weight classes. I still think this fight is signifigant. We won't agree on this no matter what.
kg0208 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2007, 04:51 AM   #42
psychopath
D' "X" Factor
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: In your . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . WORST Nightmare
Posts: 13,225
vCash: 2065
Default Re: Pacman #1 P4p Now?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morrissey
Nope.

Not yet.

If he beat fellow p4p JMM and either Soto or Guzman, then that would be it.

And if PBF did not impress in his next two fights, I might add.


cosign!

psychopath is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2007, 04:52 AM   #43
Amsterdam
Boris Christoff
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 9,239
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Pacman #1 P4p Now?

Quote:
Originally Posted by kg0208
I didn't miss it. I just don't agree with it. Besides, Hatton won't be fighting at 147...he says he will fight at his 140 fight weight. And that is his best weight. I don't know why you think he is on the slide.....

And before you say that Hatton fighting at 140 is a disadvantage, we all know PBF is not a big WW, and PBF himself just fought DLH as a WW giving DLH a size advantage.

Wright jumped 2 weight classes. I still think this fight is signifigant. We won't agree on this no matter what.
It's significant only because Hatton is so highly rated, which I have always liked Hatton but have also always debated his rating.

Floyd is not a big WW, but he's grown into a full WW and he will stop Ricky Hatton, who's in over his head against anyone who can compete at the top level at WW or higher.

I'd be confident in picking Witter over Hatton even.

But yes, we won't agree, but I've always been fair in ranking Floyd Mayweather, this just means very little all in all. The Luis Collazo bout is all anyone needs to watch before they absurdly insist that Hatton has a chance in this fight and that Hatton is ANYTHING at all in the WW mix.

WW top -

Floyd, Cotto, Mosely, Williams, Cintron, Margarito and even Clottey -

You see Hatton having a snowballs chance in hell against any of those guys at his 5'6 stature and overall poor defence with no solid WW durability? Of course not. Any of those names there take him out with ease.
Amsterdam is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2007, 04:59 AM   #44
crash
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: w.a
Posts: 457
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Pacman #1 P4p Now?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danny Ocean
pacquiao is a crying little faggot crying when barrera hit him on the break so ****ing what its a fight people call pbf a fag but when he got low blowed and punched in the back of the head he turned to the ref an said ''im ready to fight''

tell pacman and his dumb pacland boyfriends to grow a pair of balls and fight marquez or guzman
hahahaha thats a bit rough hey.
crash is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2007, 05:07 AM   #45
PATSYS
Champion
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Posts: 5,184
vCash: 75
Default Re: Pacman #1 P4p Now?

Quote:
Originally Posted by PJD3
With his aggresive style, caution last and one sided win from the scoring "I haven't seen the fight yet" does that make PacMan the Number #1 P4P?
Or do you consider that Caution Frist, "hit and run" while trying to the least to win shit, the #1 p4p still?
I have no problem if anyone ranks him #1.

But I personally have him at #2 behind PBF.
PATSYS is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Reply

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump





All times are GMT -4. The time now is 03:21 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Boxing News 24 Forum 2013