Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Australian Boxing Forum

Old 03-17-2010, 09:33 PM   #16
Charles White
Chucker
ESB Addict

vCash: 999
Default Re: Tua v Ahunanya... 2 weeks to go...

Bigcat my friend, Friday is looking great. Glad to see that.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7FNpSZTMUTQ[/ame]
Charles White is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 03-17-2010, 11:15 PM   #17
Pusnuts
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 1000

Friday is a sound fighter and a sound guy but obviously it depends which Tua turns up, that round vs Cameron didnt show me a lot about his attitude for a tough contest and ability to cope with a jab. I kind of got caught up in the hype about his impressive return but looking back at it, he didnt show that speed from range which was where he was dangerous years before. Like how he hit Ruiz the first time. He needs more than that brutal short-range power against strong tall boxers.
Pusnuts is offline  Top
Old 03-17-2010, 11:48 PM   #18
Dr Gonzo
Yo! Molesta La Breastas!
East Side Guru

vCash: 75

Is tua being trained by bloodworth again? I fancied he was working with adamek?
Dr Gonzo is offline  Top
Old 03-18-2010, 12:47 AM   #19
Pusnuts
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Yep Roger Bloodworth, he is like his Cus D'Amato, I guess that's the theory anyway hehe
I dont think theres anyone in NZ anymore that knows squat about top-level boxing

He used to get trained by Ronnie Shields as well but not for a while, Im not sure how good Bloodworth is cos he doesnt seem that good on the pads and I dont think he was a boxer of any note (unlike Ronnie Shields) but if Adamek uses him he must be good I guess, and if he keeps Tua motivated well thats great. I really dont know what Im talking about but he certainly doesnt seem in public to have the nous of a Freddie Roach

His conditioner is a local guy with a very good rep locally called Lee Parore who seems to know his stuff and have done a good job
Pusnuts is offline  Top
Old 03-18-2010, 12:55 AM   #20
Dr Gonzo
Yo! Molesta La Breastas!
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pusnuts View Post
Yep Roger Bloodworth, he is like his Cus D'Amato, I guess that's the theory anyway hehe
I dont think theres anyone in NZ anymore that knows squat about top-level boxing

He used to get trained by Ronnie Shields as well but not for a while, Im not sure how good Bloodworth is cos he doesnt seem that good on the pads and I dont think he was a boxer of any note (unlike Ronnie Shields) but if Adamek uses him he must be good I guess, and if he keeps Tua motivated well thats great. I really dont know what Im talking about but he certainly doesnt seem in public to have the nous of a Freddie Roach

His conditioner is a local guy with a very good rep locally called Lee Parore who seems to know his stuff and have done a good job
related to Adam Parore? the cricketer?

"Wheeeeeeen some big kiwi prick hits a 4 from a snick thats Parore!!"
Dr Gonzo is offline  Top
Old 03-18-2010, 01:11 AM   #21
Pusnuts
Contender
ESB Senior Member

I think its Adam Parore's brother yes, hopefully he can do for Tua what Alex Ariza does for Pacman although that might be pushing it
Pusnuts is offline  Top
Old 03-18-2010, 01:23 AM   #22
ipswich express
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pusnuts View Post
I think its Adam Parore's brother yes, hopefully he can do for Tua what Alex Ariza does for Pacman although that might be pushing it
What, juice him up to the eyeballs?

If Tua comes in at 235lbs for this one, I'll be amazed.
ipswich express is offline  Top
Old 03-18-2010, 01:28 AM   #23
Pusnuts
Contender
ESB Senior Member

I dont believe Pac is on illegal juicing myself, I think hes just a freak athlete with a great scientific conditioner, well I like to think so for boxing's sake but I do believe it also in this instance.

Tua came in at 235 or thereabouts last time and he probably will again, I do think his motivation is different this time, he doesnt have all the Kevin Barry/Martin Pugh stuff and is fighting for himself more IMO
If he doesnt, well he can kiss any title shot chances goodbye, Friday is not an opponent to take lightly at this point in Tua's career.
Pusnuts is offline  Top
Old 03-20-2010, 08:35 AM   #24
Bigcat
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

Location: The Valley of the shadow of death . Remember a desperate man is a dangerous man !!
vCash: 300

Friday is happy and content within his own skin for the first time in his life.. He is suddenly realising how good he actually is.. I have been telling him for years that he was the first Nigerian to properly explode into the title picture , when he got to fight Lyakhovich.. and your Sam Peters and Ibeabuchis were either not around or just messing thier careers up.. He often doesnt look from outside the box , in at himself, he doesnt realise that he was been in against the most dangerous rising stars in the last 8 years and sometime just in the recent ones and important ones he fell short.. Povetkin was blowing like a freight train when thier fight came to a close... Ibragimovs face was a mass of marks and scratches when he came away with a tech dec over Friday after a obvious headbut.. and a few trips to the canvas...... He now realises how close he did come to the championship picture.. I do beleive if his head is the same in around 11 days time, he will make Tua work for his corn like he has never done before.. AND If Tua is placing all his hopes on a Knockout, it will shock him that Friday really is just almost impossible to get out of there.. I have sen him stand in front of Sammy Peter and let him tee of , and just smirk at him to make him angry when they have thier mini arguments in the gym.. Tua had better come more prepaired than that, otherwise in a long fight he will look raggedy like late in the Lewis fight and the Rahman 2nd fight..

God bless...
Bigcat is offline  Top
Old 03-20-2010, 07:52 PM   #25
maco_187
Belt holder
ESB Addict

i cant wait to see this fight whether it be by replay i expect some big fireworks, big challenge for tua is friday, what he done to cameron was pretty impressive but this is a whole different prospect, if he ko's friday ill jump straight back on the tua train!!
maco_187 is offline  Top
Old 03-20-2010, 08:09 PM   #26
Bigcat
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

Location: The Valley of the shadow of death . Remember a desperate man is a dangerous man !!
vCash: 300

I agree.. its a great chance to jumpstart both mens careers.. We are so grateful for them actually (finally) signing the contract...........

Friday is soooo happy at this fight ...........
Bigcat is offline  Top
Old 03-20-2010, 08:29 PM   #27
TCboxa
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

vCash: 346

Cant wait for this one, should be a war of a fight! good luck to both guys
TCboxa is offline  Top
Old 03-20-2010, 08:34 PM   #28
20a87
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 3071

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HXgZiAm4amU[/ame]
20a87 is offline  Top
Old 03-20-2010, 08:45 PM   #29
TCboxa
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

vCash: 346

Dam he has a good left hook!
TCboxa is offline  Top
Old 03-20-2010, 08:55 PM   #30
20a87
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 3071

That is his most famous punch, u catch wlad's yet?
20a87 is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Australian Boxing Forum