Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Boxing Training/Amateur Boxing

Old 03-13-2010, 04:48 AM   #1
CrocodileFace
Journeyman

vCash: 1000
Default Video of my Second fight.

Well guys I just had my 2nd bout and I lost a split decision. It's like 4:45 in the morning after it and i still can't sleep over it haha. Damn I dunno... I feel like I got robbed, but it was my fault for letting it stay so close. I want to know you're honest opinion on what you think the outcome should have been, as well as some helpful comments/compliments, Whatever.

There is a little back story to this... I have two fights so far, both of which have been against this kid. The first time we fought it was much closer, and probably should have went his way, so I think they gave it to him this time around. The crowd seemed to have the same thought as me, they Flipped when they raised his hand.

So when I walked to my trainer after the last round he tells me he thinks we have this one and all. So when I loose he went and talked to the commissioner who said to him "Hey well last fight was so close and this one was too I dunno... Just make sure you keep Vincent around he's got some potential and a heart on him"... Just gets me mad. I had just about everyone except my opponents parents come up to me and say I got robbed so that made me feel a little better, but a loss is a loss. I gotta take it and learn from it.

Sorry this is so jumbled and hard to read haha, Not in writing mode right now. Thanks in advance every

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KuHP9XG9vWU[/ame]
CrocodileFace is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 03-13-2010, 04:49 AM   #2
CrocodileFace
Journeyman

Default Re: Video of my Second fight.

Here is the First time me and him fought in case you guys wanted to get a look at that.
[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3HGZvfyFpKY[/ame]
Old 03-13-2010, 06:30 AM   #3
taj-09
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

vCash: 1590

which one are you
taj-09 is offline  Top
Old 03-13-2010, 08:43 AM   #4
Youngblood
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

It's real close, could go either way. Awkward fight, ortho vs. southie, tall vs short. The nature of the beast.

I like that you move to your left a lot against him, but think you could have changed it up a bit more with some movement the other way too to create angles on him and score some more cleaner punches. You appeared to be landing more, but a lot of those were on the mitts. He was hitting a bit cleaner at times.

Overall I think it really could have gone either way. Only your 2nd fight so like you said yourself, learn from it. And try to get a different match up next time around. see how you fare against a different opponent. Unless this is a tour and you had no choice. Would be interested in seeing you fight someone closer in height to you and ortho.
Youngblood is offline  Top
Old 03-13-2010, 11:28 AM   #5
KillSomething
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 202

Here's how I scored it, but keep in mind I have no idea what I'm doing and neither did the cameraman, so my score might not be a reflection of what really happened.

Red: 1, 8, 5
Blue: 2, 4, 2

It was hard for me to score because you both seemed tentative--there were a lot of punches that seemed to kinda land but not really...almost like you guys were pulling away as soon as you made impact.

The two things that stuck out at me were:

You should really work on throwing a hard jab and snapping it back. A lot of times you paw with it and barely touch him. If you'd step in and throw it harder, you might score with it.

Also, against a southpaw it's often hard to jab, so you could try throwing lead hooks. I think against a guy with a high guard like that, you might have some success. The hook might not score, but it'll set up right hands and combinations.

But good fight, I thought you won it. Now you'll have to have a tiebreaker I guess...

BTW, here's what I scored the first one:
Red: 6, 7, 11
Blue: 5, 11, 4

Last edited by KillSomething; 03-13-2010 at 11:49 AM.
KillSomething is offline  Top
Old 03-13-2010, 12:24 PM   #6
CrocodileFace
Journeyman

Oh Sorry guys, I am in the Red...

Youngblood: Yea you're 100% right on the tentative idea... I think it was from our first fight, which was real rough. We both felt each others power so the game changed this time. But there isn't gonna be many guys close to my height in my weight class, I'm a monster in it.
KillSomething: Thanks for scoring both fights like that glad to see some1 else's insight. And aw yea I'm sure we're gonna see each other again, no question about that.
Old 03-13-2010, 01:37 PM   #7
RightHooker
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Got to use your jab ALOT more.

But don't worry too much, it's only your second fight and you appear to be way ahead of most other people with two fights. You're actually boxing most of the time and not just turning it into wild brawl. You're doing the most important thing which is to learn from your losses.
RightHooker is offline  Top
Old 03-13-2010, 02:54 PM   #8
CrocodileFace
Journeyman

R.Hooker... Yea, I'm sure every1 goes through it when the fight is over and you look back on it and you think "I am ****ing stupid, I could have made it so much easier than I did" oh well...
Old 03-18-2010, 04:11 PM   #9
billy boy balbo

vCash: 75

what weight was this at?
billy boy balbo is offline  Top
Old 03-18-2010, 09:50 PM   #10
CrocodileFace
Journeyman

165lbs...
Old 03-19-2010, 04:31 AM   #11
Dantes
ESB Magnate
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 75

You have good control as mentioned (not brawling etc.). Try and focus on being explosive with your shots, zip in and throw a combo and zip out. Throw your shots with bad intentions- demand their respect.

Keep going with it and it'll come. Props on your 2nd fight.
Dantes is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Boxing Training/Amateur Boxing