Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum

Closed Thread

Old 10-07-2007, 01:35 PM   #16
brown bomber
2010 Poster of the Year
East Side VIP

vCash: 1000
Default Re: Racism

Boxing is always going to bring out the worst in fans due to the nature of what they are concentrating on -a fight! What I will say is that true boxing fans don't see colour they see ability and heart. Khans 'fans' are just as much to blame... when he fought in the ABA's shortly after winning the silver medal the asians who had come to watch him wearing 'property of islam' t shirts with a picture of Khan on them.... If thats not trying to provoke an argument I don't know what is.
brown bomber is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 10-07-2007, 02:37 PM   #17
Sheffield Steel

I went to Khans pro debut in Bolton. His Asian fans were carrying flags made up of both the Union Jack and the ****stan flag. They were singing and dancing and generally having a good time. Sadly, it kicked off in the beer tent afterwards and they were jumped on by white lads.
Every Khan fight I've been to since, his Asian fans have kept a very low profile which I think is a real shame.
Sheffield Steel is offline  Top
Old 10-07-2007, 02:43 PM   #18
TBooze
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

vCash: 75

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeff thomas
Boxing is always going to bring out the worst in fans due to the nature of what they are concentrating on -a fight! What I will say is that true boxing fans don't see colour they see ability and heart. Khans 'fans' are just as much to blame... when he fought in the ABA's shortly after winning the silver medal the asians who had come to watch him wearing 'property of islam' t shirts with a picture of Khan on them.... If thats not trying to provoke an argument I don't know what is.
I have no faith myself, but if someone one wants to advertise the facts of their faith and if it provokes an argument so be it. My two pence would be you have to have something missing in your life if you need the crutch of some mystical super human power to run your life.

Amir should know the score when you fight in someone else's home town. Sure it leaves a bad taste in the mouth of decent fans of the sport, but we are talking about being a fanatic of a sport that involves two human beings trying to knock each other senseless, so some half wits sprouting racism is IMO no huge deal.
TBooze is offline  Top
Old 10-07-2007, 02:44 PM   #19
mike464
Belt holder
ESB Addict

I don't have a problem with the whites getting behind Lawton and the ****s getting behind Khan.
mike464 is offline  Top
Old 10-07-2007, 02:50 PM   #20
mmickyward
Journeyman

asians can be as racist as anyone believe me ive experienced it.I agree with geoff thomas though a fighter should be judged on ability and heart not creed or colour
mmickyward is offline  Top
Old 10-07-2007, 03:09 PM   #21
IronBull
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

I was at the fight last night, I didn't experience any racism but maybe there was a few..

There was a lot of bad behaviour from Lawton fans for being aggressive toward amirs fans. Police have arrested two 2 people from Lawton fans. Amirs fans was staying cool and ignore the trouble. None of amirs fans have been arrested.
IronBull is offline  Top
Old 10-07-2007, 04:20 PM   #22
safe_pa
Howlin' Mad
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 270

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike464
I don't have a problem with the whites getting behind Lawton and the ****s getting behind Khan.
You're not getting it mate, people can support whoever they want but to hate and intimidate based soley on race or religion is ignorance. lawtons fans should be there to support him not to shout ignorant bullshit at the other fighter or to ruin the night for other fans.
safe_pa is offline  Top
Old 10-07-2007, 04:26 PM   #23
rooq
East Side Guru

Quote:
wow..most trolls don't make it up to 400 odd posts
rooq is offline  Top
Old 10-07-2007, 04:28 PM   #24
mike464
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by safe_pa
You're not getting it mate, people can support whoever they want but to hate and intimidate based soley on race or religion is ignorance. lawtons fans should be there to support him not to shout ignorant bullshit at the other fighter or to ruin the night for other fans.
By shouting "ignorant bullshit" at his opponent they are supporting their man. It's like a football match, you shout stuff at and about the other team.
mike464 is offline  Top
Old 10-07-2007, 04:30 PM   #25
mike464
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by rooq
wow..most trolls don't make it up to 400 odd posts
Why are you calling me a troll?
mike464 is offline  Top
Old 10-07-2007, 04:31 PM   #26
rydersonthestorm
Belt holder
ESB Addict

I think it could be for calling kahn asian fans, ****'s fool.
rydersonthestorm is offline  Top
Old 10-07-2007, 04:34 PM   #27
mike464
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotti_killer
I think it could be for calling kahn asian fans, ****'s fool.
I didn't say they are all ****s. I'm sure he has lots of non-**** fans.
mike464 is offline  Top
Old 10-07-2007, 04:40 PM   #28
stuey
Never bet on England
ESB Addict

vCash: 622

it went off at the o2 as well.
khans fans were walking past kev mitchells dagenham boys and they started singing 'shoe, shoe, shoe bombers' then they had a bit of a scuffle..
what confused me was the same dagenham chaps all cheered monty panesar when he walked past?
stuey is offline  Top
Old 10-07-2007, 04:42 PM   #29
rydersonthestorm
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Probably becuase they are morons.
rydersonthestorm is offline  Top
Old 10-07-2007, 04:44 PM   #30
safe_pa
Howlin' Mad
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 270

Quote:
By shouting "ignorant bullshit" at his opponent they are supporting their man. It's like a football match, you shout stuff at and about the other team.
You show support by shouting for your man not shouting derogatory comments at they other guy, you will clearly never see the point I'm trying to make so I'll just say this to you, Your actions and the things you say to people can have concequences, I'm not sure but I assume you're not a child anymore so ignorance will not be a valid excuse for you when your small minded actions affect you in a negative way.
safe_pa is offline  Top
Closed Thread

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum