Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum

Old 10-07-2007, 07:20 AM   #1
Amsterdam
Boris Christoff
East Side Guru

vCash: 1000
Default Where's the Mijares express?

Come on my fellow Mijares fans, he has a fight coming up against a can, a stay busy fight no less because none of the other titlists want to sign to fight the beast known as Mijares.

To help with Mijares awareness, we need to elevate him to 'Calzaghe status' in regard with a cult of personality and loyal fans that will not blow over. This does in fact help a fighter in gaining recognition among online fans and it tends to spread around well even if some people do not like it, only truly special fighters deserve it.

Since Joe Calzaghe is the original 'supernatural', Cristian Mijares, along with the great Joan Guzman are both 'mini-Supernaturals', these guys are just amazing. What the young Mijares showed against Arce made me a dedicated fan for life, he's phenominal and highly dynamic with just about every intangible you'd want, save for real punching power, but he's beautifully brutal and a warrior.

Anyone aboard the 'hardcore Mijares express'? He's got a fight coming up and he needs the support of a dedicated, eccentric fanbase to assist in gaining online awareness and recognition/appreciation of his skills and ability.

Mijares is in my P4P list, is he in yours?
Amsterdam is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 10-07-2007, 07:21 AM   #2
theunderdog
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 166
Default Re: Where's the Mijares express?

i was high on mijares but he took two easy fights, man. i hope his next fight will be against a live opponent
theunderdog is offline  Top
Old 10-07-2007, 07:24 AM   #3
Amsterdam
Boris Christoff
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by theunderdog
i was high on mijares but he took two easy fights, man. i hope his next fight will be against a live opponent
He's staying busy because none of the others want to mess with him at the moment as he is an assured loss for anyone in the 112-115 weight classes, this includes the great Montiel even, who'd lose a hard fought 8-4 and the classy Martin Castillo, who'd be beaten up and stopped on cuts.

Mijares is simply a mini-supernatural, he's scary to potential opponents, you have to admire that he wishes to stay active to keep himself sharp, I believe he wants the best fights and his overall competition is pretty damn decent, the last tune up being at least gate keeper level.

Taking on Kawashima and Arce in close proximity is really nice, two class opponents. He'll probably get another fight by the end of the year, I hope it's someone in the top 10 so he can brutalise him and cement his lower top 10 P4P status.
Old 10-07-2007, 02:23 PM   #4
Kaino
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

Go Cristian!

Amazing Skills
Kaino is offline  Top
Old 10-07-2007, 04:04 PM   #5
pipe wrenched
ESB ELITE SQUAD
East Side VIP

vCash: 1852

I'll jump on but grudgingly. I'm still a little sore over him SPANKIN my boy Arce. But the skills are undeniable.
pipe wrenched is offline  Top
Old 10-07-2007, 04:10 PM   #6
Big Ears
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 75

I like Mijares(despite being another person who's an Arce fan) but Gorjux is pathetic for an opponent , even if he can't get a top name they can do better than that .

Surely someone like [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] would take the fight .
Big Ears is offline  Top
Old 10-08-2007, 12:33 AM   #7
Amsterdam
Boris Christoff
East Side Guru

Boxing fans amaze me(not you gentlemen who have jumped on this soon to be legendary express ).

Boxing fans wouldn't know a mini-Supernatural if it hit them in the face.

Mijares can likely walk on water, grow up boxing fans.
Old 10-08-2007, 12:50 AM   #8
kg0208
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amsterdam
Boxing fans amaze me(not you gentlemen who have jumped on this soon to be legendary express ).

Boxing fans wouldn't know a mini-Supernatural if it hit them in the face.

Mijares can likely walk on water, grow up boxing fans.
Walk on water
kg0208 is offline  Top
Old 10-08-2007, 12:52 AM   #9
Boom_Boom
R.I.P Boxing 6/9/12
East Side VIP

Montiel would own Mijares
Boom_Boom is offline  Top
Old 10-08-2007, 12:54 AM   #10
Amsterdam
Boris Christoff
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boom_Boom
Montiel would own Mijares
Montiel would do his best, but would lose a competitive fight to a genius, no shame in that. I also feel he'll get beaten up pretty nasty and we don't like excessive violence.

We like elegance through brutality, which is what a supernatural produces.
Old 10-08-2007, 12:57 AM   #11
sues2nd
Fading into Bolivian...
ESB Addict

Be careful this doesnt end up like that Travis Simms express we started....you know, the one that jumped the rails and smashed into a tree, KILLIN EVERYBODY!!! That would be a disaster.

BTW, I like Mijares alot. Not p4p alot....but count me in!!!
sues2nd is offline  Top
Old 10-08-2007, 01:00 AM   #12
Amsterdam
Boris Christoff
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by sues2nd
Be careful this doesnt end up like that Travis Simms express we started....you know, the one that jumped the rails and smashed into a tree, KILLIN EVERYBODY!!! That would be a disaster.

BTW, I like Mijares alot. Not p4p alot....but count me in!!!
Simms had the potential to be a 'supernatural', but he was far too old by the time we caught on. However, Cristian Mijares, a warrior of unspeakable talent, is only 26 and let's support him and hope the big fights come his way!

He needs a loyal fanbase like Calzaghe has.
Old 10-08-2007, 01:01 AM   #13
Boom_Boom
R.I.P Boxing 6/9/12
East Side VIP

Mijares is getting very highly rated for the fight against Arce, and to me it was more of an exposure of Arce's lack of boxing skills than it was a showcase of Mijares skills.

Mijares does not have alot of power and his speed isnt really defining either, hes just a tall fighter with good technique who fought the smart fight against Arce (who btw kept lunging after Mijares in their fight). I guess i can see Mijares outworking Montiel to win some rounds, but Montiel's body shots could close the show real quick and end it all for Christian.
Boom_Boom is offline  Top
Old 10-08-2007, 01:01 AM   #14
Amsterdam
Boris Christoff
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Ears
I like Mijares(despite being another person who's an Arce fan) but Gorjux is pathetic for an opponent , even if he can't get a top name they can do better than that .

Surely someone like [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] would take the fight .
Kikui was a decent gate keeper, problem is who he's promoted by, I fear we'll have a 'JMM situation'... but let's hope for the best, maybe the internet can help and we can get a massive fanbase started that will echo through many forums and sites.

Go Cristian!
Old 10-08-2007, 01:03 AM   #15
Amsterdam
Boris Christoff
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boom_Boom
Mijares is getting very highly rated for the fight against Arce, and to me it was more of an exposure of Arce's lack of boxing skills than it was a showcase of Mijares skills.

Mijares does not have alot of power and his speed isnt really defining either, hes just a tall fighter with good technique who fought the smart fight against Arce (who btw kept lunging after Mijares in their fight). I guess i can see Mijares outworking Montiel to win some rounds, but Montiel's body shots could close the show real quick and end it all for Christian.
Supernatural being>Montiel.

There, that solves everything, hope we get good odds and hope Montiel is up to the challenge.

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum