Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum

Old 10-07-2007, 12:37 PM   #16
AJAX
war sonnen!
ESB Addict

vCash: 3450
Default Re: What’s All This Fraud Shit?

I don't think he is a fraud. but some people on here were talking like he is going to kill everyone in front of him. he showed that he can be knocked down but he also showed he can go 12 rounds and win UD's as well.He has never KO'd a top 30 fighter so maybe some people will get off his sack a bit.
AJAX is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 10-07-2007, 12:42 PM   #17
El Bombasto
Ask yo momma
ESB Addict

vCash: 1000

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigReg
Yes, Peter's only loss was a decision to the guy who is considered the no.1 heavyweight, so how is he a hypejob? Yes, he was knocked down 3 times by an inferior fighter, but he came back to win. Wlad has been Knocked down and out by inferior opponents, Lennox Lewis was twice KO'd by inferior opponents. However, I don't think most people would label either one of these guys as hypejobs.
1-he has 1 knockout in his last 6 fights, at this point it's fair to say that his power is overrated.

2-he got dropped three times by a journeyman with a 50% ko percentage, so it's safe to say he doesn't have the granite chin every thought

3-he just went life-and-death against a last minute sub and perpetual loser

24 hours earlier people were calling him the saviour of the heavyweight division. so, yes, overrated hype-job is appropriate.
El Bombasto is offline  Top
Old 10-07-2007, 12:42 PM   #18
Zakman
ESB's Chinchecker
East Side VIP

vCash: 588

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Bombasto
and this is a fraud

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
One correction - that's GLASS-JAWED fraud!!
Zakman is offline  Top
Old 10-07-2007, 12:45 PM   #19
AJAX
war sonnen!
ESB Addict

vCash: 3450

so Zack what do you think of your super hero Peter now, didn't you say mcline would be out of there early
AJAX is offline  Top
Old 10-07-2007, 12:49 PM   #20
BigReg
Broad Street Bully
East Side VIP

vCash: 75

Quote:
1-he has 1 knockout in his last 6 fights, at this point it's fair to say that his power is overrated.

2-he got dropped three times by a journeyman with a 50% ko percentage, so it's safe to say he doesn't have the granite chin every thought

3-he just went life-and-death against a last minute sub and perpetual loser

24 hours earlier people were calling him the saviour of the heavyweight division. so, yes, overrated hype-job is appropriate.
The lack of KO's is misleading. He fought Toney twice, and nobody has ever knocked him out. Sam Peter became only the second guy to knock him down. Another one of those fights was against the no.1 HW and he scored 3 KD's and one was against a much bigger guy who employed the Wlad Strategy of holding everytime Peter got on the inside. Yes, got knocked down by a journeyman, but so has other top heavyweights. Peter really only had one life and death round. He pretty much controlled the rest of the fight. This definately wasn't a great performance, but that's going to happen. I think it's too early to call him a hypejob .
BigReg is offline  Top
Old 10-07-2007, 12:51 PM   #21
El Bombasto
Ask yo momma
ESB Addict

Quote:
The lack of KO's is misleading. He fought Toney twice, and nobody has ever knocked him out. Sam Peter became only the second guy to knock him down. Another one of those fights was against the no.1 HW and he scored 3 KD's and one was against a much bigger guy who employed the Wlad Strategy of holding everytime Peter got on the inside. Yes, got knocked down by a journeyman, but so has other top heavyweights. Peter really only had one life and death round. He pretty much controlled the rest of the fight. This definately wasn't a great performance, but that's going to happen. I think it's too early to call him a hypejob .
i suppose you still believe he's the savior of the heavyweight division?
Old 10-07-2007, 01:07 PM   #22
bachatu
Pro
ESB Addict

Everyone here is getting a bit over board with the fraud titles..they are practically requesting for the feds of boxing to validate his passport.
bachatu is offline  Top
Old 10-07-2007, 01:40 PM   #23
BigReg
Broad Street Bully
East Side VIP

Quote:
i suppose you still believe he's the savior of the heavyweight division?
When did I ever say this? I certainly don't think he's the savior of the division, but he's not a hypejob either. He's a good fighter who can compete with anyone in the division
BigReg is offline  Top
Old 10-07-2007, 01:56 PM   #24
El Bombasto
Ask yo momma
ESB Addict

Quote:
When did I ever say this? I certainly don't think he's the savior of the division, but he's not a hypejob either. He's a good fighter who can compete with anyone in the division
sounds like you didn't buy the hype, however a large contingent in this forum and in the sport considered peter a great power puncher (he's not) who would unify the titles (he won't) and was destined to be the next great champion (not happening). it's safe to say that those people were overrating and hyping sam peter. (and don't worry, your disposition on this matter has been duely noted).
Old 10-07-2007, 01:58 PM   #25
brooklyn1550
Roberto Duran
East Side VIP

Good post...he's not a fraud, just a kid who couldn't live up to the hype
brooklyn1550 is offline  Top
Old 10-07-2007, 02:20 PM   #26
the mean machine
Professional rat catcher
ESB Jr Member

If this board with these people existed in he 70s, we would have threads about Hagler being a paper champ not fighting real guys

And George Foreman a overhyped bum with a weak chin for being beaten by weak hitter Ali.

I don't want to compare those guys with the current ones but you get the drift.
the mean machine is offline  Top
Old 10-07-2007, 03:56 PM   #27
Scar
ESB Junkie
East Side VIP

vCash: 372
Default Re: What’s All This Fraud Sh*t?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Superheavyweight
Are we as fans really that shallow?

Every fighter gets knocked down… how many undisputed champions have never hit the canvas?

This is boxing… the art of fighting.

Human beings aren’t invincible machines, anyone is capable of being put down or knocked out.

I’d like to see some of you chin experts take a punch flush from a 200 lbs man… then we’ll see what a fraud is.
You can't really explain that to 12 year olds and jerk off to usernames of the 2-3 girls that post here no matter how hard you tried.
Scar is offline  Top
Old 10-07-2007, 03:59 PM   #28
BigReg
Broad Street Bully
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoshLucas
Don't forget that he really should have lost to James Toney in their first fight.
I had Toney winning that fight, but Peter beat him with relative ease in the second fight.
BigReg is offline  Top
Old 10-07-2007, 04:38 PM   #29
Zakman
ESB's Chinchecker
East Side VIP

vCash: 588

Quote:
Originally Posted by AJAX
so Zack what do you think of your super hero Peter now, didn't you say mcline would be out of there early
Truthfully? As a fan, I'm a little disappointed. I really thought Peter was gonna make a statement here, and not only didn't he do that, he revealed some vulnerabilities that were not apparent before this (less than granite chin).

However, I've been following boxing long enough to know better than to make premature judgements. Peter is still young enough where he can learn from this and improve - and there were SOME encouraging signs. Most importantly - like Wlad, btw, who gets WAY overly criticized for his chin - he showed HEART and RESILIANCE in getting off the canvas to win the fight.

Could Peter still unify?? In today's HW division, it's possible. I'm not as confident as I once was - but let's say he blows away Maskaev in his next fight (which I still think he will). People will start singing his praises again. Boxing is very much a "what have you done for me lately" sport. The adage "you're only as good as your last fight" is very much in operation most of the time.
Zakman is offline  Top
Old 10-07-2007, 06:50 PM   #30
raiderjay
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

Default Re: What’s All This Fraud Sh*t?

I couldn't agree more with those who are tired of anyone who either loses or has a bad outing but still wins as being "overrated,fraud,hype-job,etc." It's unfortunate that so many of today's "fans" are willing to condemn any fighter that doesn't completely dominate his opponent every time he steps into the ring.

I don't think any boxing writer, or fan for that matter that knows ANYTHING about boxing ever thought Peter was or is ever going to be anything more than an above average title holder. At best. If anything, I came away more impressed with Peter last night than I was going into the fight. He showed heart and determination, which is something we didn't know he had. Now these clowns on the message boards want to say his chin is suspect, blah, blah, blah. Your chin is only suspect if you don't get back up. Period. Does it mean that Marciano's chin was suspect because he was knocked down numerous times? Was MAB's chin suspect because he went down mulitple times in his career? What about RJJ because he got knocked down by Lou Del Valle?
raiderjay is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum