Old 10-08-2007, 09:51 PM   #31
El Bombasto
Ask yo momma
ESB Addict

vCash: 1000
Default Re: What’s All This Fraud Shit?

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigReg
I had Toney winning that fight, but Peter beat him with relative ease in the second fight.
i had peter winning the second fight 11 round to 1, but that was clearly not the same james toney imo
El Bombasto is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 10-09-2007, 11:48 AM   #32
ron u.k.
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Default Re: What’s All This Fraud Sh*t?

it's one of the buzzwords on here normally perpetrated by huggers of a particular fighter to go with "ducking".
ron u.k. is offline  Top
Old 10-09-2007, 05:11 PM   #33
sst
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zakman
Truthfully? As a fan, I'm a little disappointed. I really thought Peter was gonna make a statement here, and not only didn't he do that, he revealed some vulnerabilities that were not apparent before this (less than granite chin).

However, I've been following boxing long enough to know better than to make premature judgements. Peter is still young enough where he can learn from this and improve - and there were SOME encouraging signs. Most importantly - like Wlad, btw, who gets WAY overly criticized for his chin - he showed HEART and RESILIANCE in getting off the canvas to win the fight.

Could Peter still unify?? In today's HW division, it's possible. I'm not as confident as I once was - but let's say he blows away Maskaev in his next fight (which I still think he will). People will start singing his praises again. Boxing is very much a "what have you done for me lately" sport. The adage "you're only as good as your last fight" is very much in operation most of the time.
Less than granite is a understatement. How about on par with very thin china. Come on Zak this guy is showtimes version of Jermain Taylor execpt Jermain has skills to go with his shaky chin. No one is going to tell me a durable heavyweight contender would have not shaken off thoes shots without ever seeing the canvas. Peter has fought 4 times against fighters that were not scrubs he has been hurt in three of thoes fights. Does the name Joe Mesi ring a bell. It should since he was also hurt in all of his fights since he left the "C" grade gong show he also made his career on. Peter is done, everyone and their dogs want him in the ring to get a crack at that shaky chin. This fraud is getting ktfo and his paper belt will be a distant memory. You need a chin to compete at the top level of the heavyweight division and he does not have one. It is as simple as that.

Last edited by sst; 10-09-2007 at 05:35 PM.
sst is offline  Top
Old 10-09-2007, 06:08 PM   #34
Punisher33
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by sst
Less than granite is a understatement. How about on par with very thin china. Come on Zak this guy is showtimes version of Jermain Taylor execpt Jermain has skills to go with his shaky chin. No one is going to tell me a durable heavyweight contender would have not shaken off thoes shots without ever seeing the canvas. Peter has fought 4 times against fighters that were not scrubs he has been hurt in three of thoes fights. Does the name Joe Mesi ring a bell. It should since he was also hurt in all of his fights since he left the "C" grade gong show he also made his career on. Peter is done, everyone and their dogs want him in the ring to get a crack at that shaky chin. This fraud is getting ktfo and his paper belt will be a distant memory. You need a chin to compete at the top level of the heavyweight division and he does not have one. It is as simple as that.
Wlad dont have a good chin by any means and hes thought of as the best heavywieght title holder right now, give the guy a break he just had a bad night and still came back win it.

Last edited by Punisher33; 10-09-2007 at 06:27 PM.
Punisher33 is offline  Top
Old 10-09-2007, 06:25 PM   #35
ripcity
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

Location: "Somebody may beat me, but they are going to have to bleed to do it."
vCash: 887
Default Re: What’s All This Fraud Sh*t?

It is easier to seem like you know what your talking about when you are nagitive about something (in this case boxing) than when you are positive about it.
ripcity is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum