Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Australian Boxing Forum


Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 03-24-2010, 10:01 AM   #151
Kegsy
Lights Out
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Fremantle, WA
Posts: 10,142
vCash: 1275
Default Re: Choc's next fight.......

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashley View Post
.....now now Kegsy.....I'm sorry I blew your scoop....I had no idea you were holding onto that gem

But saying choc's unofficial scheduled fight was ranked around the 20 mark is just plain BS

Both you and I know he's rated with 2 of the big 4 belts inside the top 5 at MW .....I think the RING has him in the top 10
Last time i checked he was not in the Ring's top 10 or the espn.com top 10 at middleweight.

Having a big powerful promoter getting u a high rating in a couple orgs does not get u into the overall top 10.
Kegsy is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-24-2010, 10:11 AM   #152
ashley
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: "Mr 3 time"
Posts: 12,096
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Choc's next fight.......

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kegsy View Post
Last time i checked he was not in the Ring's top 10 or the espn.com top 10 at middleweight.

Having a big powerful promoter getting u a high rating in a couple orgs does not get u into the overall top 10.
He's not promoted by universum anymore...and would you settle for ESB top 10
ashley is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2010, 10:14 AM   #153
Kegsy
Lights Out
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Fremantle, WA
Posts: 10,142
vCash: 1275
Default Re: Choc's next fight.......

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashley View Post
He's not promoted by universum anymore...and would you settle for ESB top 10
Well he was & they assisted greatly in his high ranking.

Mehh he shouldnt be in the top 15 yet....top 20 i guess so
Kegsy is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2010, 01:45 AM   #154
balmain
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 354
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Choc's next fight.......

When the Medley fight was made it was at middleweight. Then both camps both agreed to fight at 154lb. Choc was confident of making the weight and 2 weeks out was doing it very easy. Then the fight was changed back to middleweight because of a problem Khoder had with the IBO. I thought as Choc was going to move to the 154lb class Rob Medley was a good test. Moving to jnr middle I think is the weight he should of fought at a long time ago. And thats coming from a trainer not a yes man on his payroll.
balmain is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2010, 01:51 AM   #155
patrick
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 321
vCash: 500
Default Re: Choc's next fight.......

So Khoda had a problem with the IBO eh?

Fancy that. Khoda having a problem with someone.

Go figure!
patrick is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2010, 02:01 AM   #156
COULDHAVEBEEN
Champion
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 9,431
vCash: 970
Default Re: Choc's next fight.......

Quote:
Originally Posted by balmain View Post
When the Medley fight was made it was at middleweight. Then both camps both agreed to fight at 154lb...
We were led to believe at the time Mundine chose to fight Medley, in preference to defending his middleweight title against Geale, that it was so he could 'pioneer' the lower weight division (for the light middle title)!

If the Medley fight was originally to be at middle, why didn't Mundine instead hang on to his middleweight title and fight Geale?

This makes about as much sense as some of Mundine's other career directions!
COULDHAVEBEEN is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2010, 03:03 AM   #157
20a87
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 3,365
vCash: 3071
Default Re: Choc's next fight.......

Quote:
Originally Posted by balmain View Post
When the Medley fight was made it was at middleweight. Then both camps both agreed to fight at 154lb. Choc was confident of making the weight and 2 weeks out was doing it very easy. Then the fight was changed back to middleweight because of a problem Khoder had with the IBO. I thought as Choc was going to move to the 154lb class Rob Medley was a good test. Moving to jnr middle I think is the weight he should of fought at a long time ago. And thats coming from a trainer not a yes man on his payroll.
Didn't know that mate, was that just to appease the grange?

Apparently that was the first time choc had been on a strict diet in the lead up to a fight, is that true?

You don't have to justify your position, i'm sure even the most of ardent of mundine haters appreciate industry pro's posting.

Quote:
Originally Posted by COULDHAVEBEEN View Post
We were led to believe at the time Mundine chose to fight Medley, in preference to defending his middleweight title against Geale, that it was so he could 'pioneer' the lower weight division (for the light middle title)!

If the Medley fight was originally to be at middle, why didn't Mundine instead hang on to his middleweight title and fight Geale?

This makes about as much sense as some of Mundine's other career directions!
It doesn't matter really, the opportunity came for an ibo light middleweight belt and he decided to drop down to become a pioneer of the sport, that fell through so it was back to plan A. If anything it just shows medley wasn't as blindsided by the fight being at 160 as people like to make out on here.

A geale rematch wouldn't be a bad fight but he needs to earn his shot again. And if you are being honest you couldn't hand on heart say mundine has had a poor career if he retired today, in terms of boxing he has had a good career thus far.
20a87 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2010, 03:26 AM   #158
maco_187
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 1,705
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Choc's next fight.......

**** the word pioneer and mundine in the same sentence shits me
maco_187 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2010, 03:33 AM   #159
ashley
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: "Mr 3 time"
Posts: 12,096
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Choc's next fight.......

Quote:
Originally Posted by maco_187 View Post
**** the word pioneer and mundine in the same sentence shits me
Yeah well on the DSS show Monday night Tony Mundine said Choc is looking at both LMW and MW fights.

I for one want him to fight Golovkin at MW for the WBA regular title # 1 v # 2

However it looks like according to Tony Mundine choc could be going down to LMW....therefore becoming the pioneer ...sorry mate...I cant help myself
ashley is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2010, 04:15 AM   #160
maco_187
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 1,705
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Choc's next fight.......

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashley View Post
Yeah well on the DSS show Monday night Tony Mundine said Choc is looking at both LMW and MW fights.

I for one want him to fight Golovkin at MW for the WBA regular title # 1 v # 2

However it looks like according to Tony Mundine choc could be going down to LMW....therefore becoming the pioneer ...sorry mate...I cant help myself

mate what anyone wants mundine to do and what he actually does is 2 completely different thing... look at his last 10 fights two fighters world class and the rest nothing if thats not disappointing for you nut huggers thats problems...
maco_187 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2010, 04:20 AM   #161
ashley
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: "Mr 3 time"
Posts: 12,096
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Choc's next fight.......

Quote:
Originally Posted by maco_187 View Post
mate what anyone wants mundine to do and what he actually does is 2 completely different thing... look at his last 10 fights two fighters world class and the rest nothing if thats not disappointing for you nut huggers thats problems...
Flangia was the only fight I had a problem with....the rest were fine....not saying they are great fighters or even good fights but when choc had the title I was a happy man
ashley is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2010, 04:40 AM   #162
Sox
Hangin with the real deal
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Rural OZ
Posts: 5,449
vCash: 1044
Default Re: Choc's next fight.......

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashley View Post
Flangia was the only fight I had a problem with....the rest were fine....not saying they are great fighters or even good fights but when choc had the title I was a happy man
So you're saying you had no problem with these guys fighting your boy?

Alejandro Gustavo Falliga, Rafael Sosa Pintos, Crazy Kim, Jose Alberto Clavero, Pablo Daniel Zamora Nievas, Ruben Eduardo Acosta, Rico Chong Nee, and Rashid Matumla?

You're easy to please.
If my favourite boxer was fighting this calibre of fighter at this point of his career, he wouldn't be my favourite for long.
Sox is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2010, 04:59 AM   #163
ashley
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: "Mr 3 time"
Posts: 12,096
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Choc's next fight.......

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sox View Post
So you're saying you had no problem with these guys fighting your boy?

Alejandro Gustavo Falliga, Rafael Sosa Pintos, Crazy Kim, Jose Alberto Clavero, Pablo Daniel Zamora Nievas, Ruben Eduardo Acosta, Rico Chong Nee, and Rashid Matumla?

You're easy to please.
If my favourite boxer was fighting this calibre of fighter at this point of his career, he wouldn't be my favourite for long.
For a start I said the Falinga fight was bad...the question was chocs last 10 fights.....

You left out Geale, Medley, Soliman, Taylor, Hamden....and Pintos was 31 - 2 and the national argi champ...and I was still on a high from the Green win 12 months before that
ashley is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2010, 05:05 AM   #164
Sox
Hangin with the real deal
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Rural OZ
Posts: 5,449
vCash: 1044
Default Re: Choc's next fight.......

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashley View Post
For a start I said the Falinga fight was bad...the question was chocs last 10 fights.....
I know that, but these are all the major mismatches since Kessler.
Quote:
You left out Geale, Medley, Soliman, Taylor, Hamden....and Pintos was 31 - 2 and the national argi champ...and I was still on a high from the Green win 12 months before that
I left those guys out of it because they were at least semi credible opponents, with a couple being very good, and 1 line ball with him.

I'm asking you bout the ones I mentioned though.
Are you happy your boy fights this class of fighter?

And don't give any shit about tune ups, keep busy etc, just answer the question as anti hugging as possible.
Sox is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2010, 05:08 AM   #165
20a87
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 3,365
vCash: 3071
Default Re: Choc's next fight.......

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashley View Post
Yeah well on the DSS show Monday night Tony Mundine said Choc is looking at both LMW and MW fights.

I for one want him to fight Golovkin at MW for the WBA regular title # 1 v # 2

However it looks like according to Tony Mundine choc could be going down to LMW....therefore becoming the pioneer ...sorry mate...I cant help myself
I sincerely hope he embraces the pioneer moniker should he fight at 154, it irks people no end and when he wins a title there like it or not Anthony will go in the history books and the sad sack bert sugars of the future will have to eat it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sox View Post
So you're saying you had no problem with these guys fighting your boy?

Alejandro Gustavo Falliga, Rafael Sosa Pintos, Crazy Kim, Jose Alberto Clavero, Pablo Daniel Zamora Nievas, Ruben Eduardo Acosta, Rico Chong Nee, and Rashid Matumla?

You're easy to please.
If my favourite boxer was fighting this calibre of fighter at this point of his career, he wouldn't be my favourite for long.
acosta was a good fight, chong nee had a great atmosphere, crazy kim was entertaining etc etc etc

geale vs barbosa?
20a87 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Reply

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Australian Boxing Forum

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump





All times are GMT -4. The time now is 05:00 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Boxing News 24 Forum 2013