Old 03-25-2010, 05:12 AM   #166
ashley
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

vCash: 1000
Default Re: Choc's next fight.......

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sox View Post
I know that, but these are all the major mismatches since Kessler.
I left those guys out of it because they were at least semi credible opponents, with a couple being very good, and 1 line ball with him.

I'm asking you bout the ones I mentioned though.
Are you happy your boy fights this class of fighter?

And don't give any shit about tune ups, keep busy etc, just answer the question as anti hugging as possible.
While choc had the WBA title I could not care who he fought

Oh you said anti hugging......see above
ashley is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 03-25-2010, 05:14 AM   #167
Sox
Hangin with the real deal
East Side Guru

vCash: 1044

Quote:
Originally Posted by 20a87 View Post
acosta was a good fight, chong nee had a great atmosphere, crazy kim was entertaining etc etc etc
So you don't think they were mismatches, and you're perfectly happy for him to fight at this level?
Quote:
geale vs barbosa?
Not really comparable as Geales at a much earlier stage of his career, but you know that anyway.

Even so, if he continues to fight at that level for too long, my support for him will dwindle.
Sox is offline  Top
Old 03-25-2010, 05:20 AM   #168
20a87
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 3071

Quote:
So you don't think they were mismatches, and you're perfectly happy for him to fight at this level?

Not really comparable as Geales at a much earlier stage of his career, but you know that anyway.

Even so, if he continues to fight at that level for too long, my support for him will dwindle.
I want choc to go to america and get the big fights more than anything else in boxing, but even when he fights cans so long as he entertains me I'm happy. Falliga was a shit fight and was trying to be the same as the chong nee card when geale's entrance music kicked in after mundine and falliga had come out a la danny green. But as for some of the other fights you mention you can't say they were not entertaining.
20a87 is offline  Top
Old 03-25-2010, 05:27 AM   #169
Sox
Hangin with the real deal
East Side Guru

vCash: 1044

Quote:
I want choc to go to america and get the big fights more than anything else in boxing, but even when he fights cans so long as he entertains me I'm happy. Falliga was a shit fight and was trying to be the same as the chong nee card when geale's entrance music kicked in after mundine and falliga had come out a la danny green. But as for some of the other fights you mention you can't say they were not entertaining.
I'll take your word for it as I haven't seen all of them.
Regardless of whether it's entertaining though, I still couldn't support someone who wasn't actually taking themselves to the next level, particularly if they claimed they were going to on a weekly basis.

I guess that's also where someone like Geale differs, in that they don't make claims they rarely keep.

Maybe I'm just harder to entertain, or you and Ash are easy to entertain....
Sox is offline  Top
Old 03-25-2010, 05:39 AM   #170
Francis75
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by balmain View Post
When the Medley fight was made it was at middleweight. Then both camps both agreed to fight at 154lb. Choc was confident of making the weight and 2 weeks out was doing it very easy. Then the fight was changed back to middleweight because of a problem Khoder had with the IBO. I thought as Choc was going to move to the 154lb class Rob Medley was a good test. Moving to jnr middle I think is the weight he should of fought at a long time ago. And thats coming from a trainer not a yes man on his payroll.
Which ever way you try to explain it Rob Medley was yet another in the continuing list of joke opponents Anthony has fought over the last 3 yrs or so.
Francis75 is offline  Top
Old 03-25-2010, 05:49 AM   #171
Francis75
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashley View Post
For a start I said the Falinga fight was bad...the question was chocs last 10 fights.....

You left out Geale, Medley, Soliman, Taylor, Hamden....and Pintos was 31 - 2 and the national argi champ...and I was still on a high from the Green win 12 months before that
Farkin hell Ash. Apart from Geale the rest are joke opponents for Anthony to have been fighting and you know it. Hamden, Taylor, Soliman totally washed up at the time of Mundine fighting them and Medley/Pintos .

Funny thing is how many of these guys did Anthony stop ?
Francis75 is offline  Top
Old 03-25-2010, 06:02 AM   #172
ashley
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Francis75 View Post
Farkin hell Ash. Apart from Geale the rest are joke opponents for Anthony to have been fighting and you know it. Hamden, Taylor, Soliman totally washed up at the time of Mundine fighting them and Medley/Pintos .

Funny thing is how many of these guys did Anthony stop ?
I had no idea you rated choc so high mate....the fighters above are solid aussie top 1 to 5 when choc fought then but you make it sound as if they were joe average
ashley is offline  Top
Old 03-25-2010, 06:10 AM   #173
20a87
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
I'll take your word for it as I haven't seen all of them.
Regardless of whether it's entertaining though, I still couldn't support someone who wasn't actually taking themselves to the next level, particularly if they claimed they were going to on a weekly basis.

I guess that's also where someone like Geale differs, in that they don't make claims they rarely keep.

Maybe I'm just harder to entertain, or you and Ash are easy to entertain....
No offence but I can't be arsed to do a geale vs mundine "debate" again today, I might bite later.

Maybe myself and ashley appreciate naturally talented and slick fighters like mundine, mayweather, naz, calzaghe etc whereas you prefer the technical skills associated with the more traditional stance.
20a87 is offline  Top
Old 03-25-2010, 07:50 AM   #174
COULDHAVEBEEN
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 970

Quote:
Didn't know that mate, was that just to appease the grange?

Apparently that was the first time choc had been on a strict diet in the lead up to a fight, is that true?

You don't have to justify your position, i'm sure even the most of ardent of mundine haters appreciate industry pro's posting.

It doesn't matter really, the opportunity came for an ibo light middleweight belt and he decided to drop down to become a pioneer of the sport, that fell through so it was back to plan A. If anything it just shows medley wasn't as blindsided by the fight being at 160 as people like to make out on here.

A geale rematch wouldn't be a bad fight but he needs to earn his shot again. And if you are being honest you couldn't hand on heart say mundine has had a poor career if he retired today, in terms of boxing he has had a good career thus far.
Mundine has without doubt had a 'good' career', but good careers are much easier to have than great ones.

Mundine has it in him, ability wise, to have at least a 'very good career', but only if chooses to.

Sadly, so far he has chosen not to. Classic case of a wasted talent to this point.
COULDHAVEBEEN is offline  Top
Old 03-25-2010, 09:49 AM   #175
20a87
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by COULDHAVEBEEN View Post
Mundine has without doubt had a 'good' career', but good careers are much easier to have than great ones.

Mundine has it in him, ability wise, to have at least a 'very good career', but only if chooses to.

Sadly, so far he has chosen not to. Classic case of a wasted talent to this point.
The nature of boxing fans makes putting someone's career in a box nigh on impossible, I could sit here and pull at threads on pacquiao's career or chad dawson's or rjj etc

Obviously good careers are easier than great careers to achieve. If you went back and watched choc's first couple of fights and then looked at what he has done in his 2nd professional sport to the present day you can't knock him really.

A naturally gifted boxer he should have more big fights but he would have nothing to be ashamed of if he left the sport today as a two weight 3 time world champ.
20a87 is offline  Top
Old 03-25-2010, 09:52 AM   #176
ipswich express
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 75

I think Anthony hasn't quite lived up to his potential as a boxer, and that's what I believe COULDHAVEBEEN is saying.
ipswich express is offline  Top
Old 03-25-2010, 09:57 AM   #177
20a87
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by ipswich express View Post
I think Anthony hasn't quite lived up to his potential as a boxer, and that's what I believe COULDHAVEBEEN is saying.
I know mate, I agree I wish he'd had more massive fights aswell and I hope he makes a good run at cleaning up the division before his legs go a la rjj. I'm just saying people love to downplay his career like any tosser with a pair of gloves could do the things he's done in the sport.
20a87 is offline  Top
Old 03-25-2010, 10:11 AM   #178
ashley
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

The good thing about choc's career is he only needs 1 defining win as he has 5 or 6 good wins/ titles already.

All choc needs is to win a full world title fight against the champ and hes there

It could be Sylvester.....it should have been Golovkin....how the hell Sturm kept his title is beyond me.

This 1 title fight can come in the next 2 years.....until then he will pick up another 1 or 2 regular belts.....rematch Geale and win....rematch Green and win...then call it a day
ashley is offline  Top
Old 03-25-2010, 10:16 AM   #179
20a87
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashley View Post
The good thing about choc's career is he only needs 1 defining win as he has 5 or 6 good wins/ titles already.

All choc needs is to win a full world title fight against the champ and hes there

It could be Sylvester.....it should have been Golovkin....how the hell Sturm kept his title is beyond me.

This 1 title fight can come in the next 2 years.....until then he will pick up another 1 or 2 regular belts.....rematch Geale and win....rematch Green and win...then call it a day
That didn't need to be said, it's obvious he wins those matches.
20a87 is offline  Top
Old 03-25-2010, 11:14 AM   #180
JOSEY WALES
Champion
East Side Guru

[quote=20a87;6400432]I want choc to go to america and get the big fights more than anything else in boxing, but even when he fights CANS so long as he entertains me I'm happy. Falliga was a shit fight and was trying to be the same as the chong nee card when geale's entrance music kicked in after mundine and falliga had come out a la danny green. But as for some of the other fights you mention you can't say they were not entertaining.[/QUOTE .....

Do you even read before you post your shit ? You call Pro boxers " CANS " Wtf ? Every fighter that laces them up PRO Or Am deserves more respect .
JOSEY WALES is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Australian Boxing Forum