Old 03-28-2010, 10:17 PM   #226
goodnight
The Ayatula of Rockenrula
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 2391
Default Re: Choc's next fight.......

Quote:
Originally Posted by balmain View Post
If Choc fights and wins the now vacant middleweight title you will all say hes a fake as Sturm is the real champion. If he fights and wins the jnr middle interim title you all will say hes a fake as the cotto v Yuri Foreman winner is the real champion. So who cares who he fights. Hes getting bagged anyway. I think he should move up to cruiserweight and fight a middleweight. Nobody will bag that.
so target sturm yuri or cotto then instead of fighting for interims

thats right, they are all ducking him, poor fella
goodnight is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 03-28-2010, 10:18 PM   #227
ashley
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

vCash: 1000

Quote:
If Choc fights and wins the now vacant middleweight title you will all say hes a fake as Sturm is the real champion. If he fights and wins the jnr middle interim title you all will say hes a fake as the cotto v Yuri Foreman winner is the real champion. So who cares who he fights. Hes getting bagged anyway. I think he should move up to cruiserweight and fight a middleweight. Nobody will bag that.
How many aussies will get a real world title shot at the top 4 belts this year? (not including VIC or John who have belts)

Answer is nobody.

The two fights you have mentioned are the BEST fights for choc

How can anybody bag him if he fights these guys

Lets hope he beats the number 1 contender at either weight

Everybody wants choc to step up....both these fights are steps up

I'm hoping choc goes 154 so I can to all those that said he would never make it
ashley is offline  Top
Old 03-28-2010, 10:22 PM   #228
ashley
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by goodnight View Post
so target sturm yuri or cotto then instead of fighting for interims

thats right, they are all ducking him, poor fella
Fighting the interim holder will get choc in a position to fight the belt holder

If I was choc I would not go to Germany to fight Sturm......hope Sturm would go to USA or AUST to fight choc but dont think he will.

At 154 choc needs a good win first before he gets a shot at Cotto V Foreman winner
ashley is offline  Top
Old 03-28-2010, 10:29 PM   #229
balmain
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

Sturm because of a conflict with his management is inactive at the moment. As Choc is not contracted with Top Rank his only chance of fighting for the jnr middle title is to force a mandatory. So the Interim title that you will bag him over would be his only chance to force the fight. The middleweight title title which is vacant is a chance but the WBA has not made a decision yet. So what is our next move?
balmain is offline  Top
Old 03-28-2010, 10:34 PM   #230
pecks
East Side Guru

vCash: 1908

Quote:
Originally Posted by JOSEY WALES View Post
I see a lot of blokes on here bagging Froch and fair enough he is a dislikaeable enough bloke but don't let these personal feelings of distain cloud your judgement when it comes to predicting a winner
To be honest mate, I wouldn't have a clue what the guy is like. I just think that his style plays right into Kessler's hands.
pecks is offline  Top
Old 03-28-2010, 10:37 PM   #231
ashley
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by pecks View Post
To be honest mate, I wouldn't have a clue what the guy is like. I just think that his style plays right into Kessler's hands.
I tend to agree...however I got the last 2 super 6 fights wrong ...the way I'm going Froch ownes Kessler
ashley is offline  Top
Old 03-28-2010, 10:41 PM   #232
Sox
Hangin with the real deal
East Side Guru

vCash: 1044

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashley View Post
I tend to agree...however I got the last 2 super 6 fights wrong ...the way I'm going Froch ownes Kessler
You and me both mate!
Sox is offline  Top
Old 03-28-2010, 10:44 PM   #233
ashley
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sox View Post
You and me both mate!
If Green beats Ward then were all screwed
ashley is offline  Top
Old 03-28-2010, 10:48 PM   #234
goodnight
The Ayatula of Rockenrula
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 2391

Quote:
Sturm because of a conflict with his management is inactive at the moment. As Choc is not contracted with Top Rank his only chance of fighting for the jnr middle title is to force a mandatory. So the Interim title that you will bag him over would be his only chance to force the fight. The middleweight title title which is vacant is a chance but the WBA has not made a decision yet. So what is our next move?
not bagging his choice of fighting for the interim, but we've heard it all before. I'll be supporting him,

if it ever happens
goodnight is offline  Top
Old 03-28-2010, 10:52 PM   #235
flamengo
Coool as a Cucumber.
East Side Guru

Location: Have removed the 20a87 troll virus 'coz it sux cocks.

Quote:

Flash, even you would see the trash talk and dribble that comes out of his mouth for publicity. Yes, the publicity works and the fortune is the largest made by any Aussie boxer who remained 95% on home soil. But, just for once, Mundine might place his mouth to less use and actually prove a valid point by staying in a division long enough to collect a GENUINE world title... rather than running from the chance. Interim means nothing and you know it. It's a governing bodies way of stripping more money from the fighters.. nothing more. Claiming another interim title is the way to the 154 belt, but claiming an interim title and moving out of the division to higher ground is the same crap we'd expect.

What would you like us to expect?? The circus shits me, but yes, I'd like to see him pick up some creditable belt and do what most champs would.. DEFEND IT. Lets hope your input is more positive than our attitudes towards him. I'd prefer to have seen Mordey Promote him, rather than that pile of filth Nassar. Atleast Mordey had a sense of shame.
flamengo is offline  Top
Old 03-28-2010, 10:53 PM   #236
ashley
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by goodnight View Post
not bagging his choice of fighting for the interim, but we've heard it all before. I'll be supporting him......
Cool....I bet that feels better to get that off your chest

Now all you need to do is buy a Holden and your life will be better all round
ashley is offline  Top
Old 03-28-2010, 10:56 PM   #237
ashley
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by flamengo View Post
Flash, even you would see the trash talk and dribble that comes out of his mouth for publicity. Yes, the publicity works and the fortune is the largest made by any Aussie boxer who remained 95% on home soil. But, just for once, Mundine might place his mouth to less use and actually prove a valid point by staying in a division long enough to collect a GENUINE world title... rather than running from the chance. Interim means nothing and you know it. It's a governing bodies way of stripping more money from the fighters.. nothing more. Claiming another interim title is the way to the 154 belt, but claiming an interim title and moving out of the division to higher ground is the same crap we'd expect.

What would you like us to expect?? The circus shits me, but yes, I'd like to see him pick up some creditable belt and do what most champs would.. DEFEND IT. Lets hope your input is more positive than our attitudes towards him. I'd prefer to have seen Mordey Promote him, rather than that pile of filth Nassar. Atleast Mordey had a sense of shame.
Tend to agree with most of this FLAMER however no comment on the promoter issue
ashley is offline  Top
Old 03-28-2010, 10:57 PM   #238
flamengo
Coool as a Cucumber.
East Side Guru

Location: Have removed the 20a87 troll virus 'coz it sux cocks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashley View Post
Tend to agree with most of this FLAMER however no comment on the promoter issue
Stop chasing free tickets.. lol
flamengo is offline  Top
Old 03-28-2010, 11:03 PM   #239
balmain
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

Goodnight if it doesnt happen I am wasting my time there also. If he wasnt stepping up they would never had contacted me in the first place. He pays me out of his own pocket so unless he is going to step up he could just keep doing what he has been doing and save his money. I have not always agreed on who he fights just like everybody but I am confident hes making a positive move now.
balmain is offline  Top
Old 03-28-2010, 11:19 PM   #240
balmain
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

Flamengo please believe I understand what you are saying. I havent always seen eye to eye with my fellow muslim brother but I know he he has made Choc plenty of money. He tried his heart out to get Choc the Pavlik fight next month but HBO took another option. Khoder has something in the pipeline at the moment that will give Choc the opportunity to finally fight in America. So lets wait and see first.
balmain is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Australian Boxing Forum