Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum

Old 10-07-2007, 05:02 PM   #1
letsrun4it
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

vCash: 1000
Default If Evander wins...who does he face?

I think the odds are fairly long that Holyfield can win this fight but if SI doesn't show up who knows...

IF he does pull the upset and win the heavyweight title, he will have his choice of opponents. 1) He is clearly the most lucrative opponent besides Klit 2) He carries the lowest risk of any top 10 heavyweight

He could choose to unify like he claims he wants to....and fight the easiest belt holder available or he could face Klit. I think if he wins within 3 days on the site that talks about boxing Hopkins will call him out.
letsrun4it is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 10-07-2007, 05:04 PM   #2
Icemmann
Breakin it down.
ESB Full Member

vCash: 75
Default Re: If Evander wins...who does he face?

He should face his daddy, John Ruiz.
Icemmann is offline  Top
Old 10-07-2007, 05:06 PM   #3
Dorfmeister
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by letsrun4it
I think the odds are fairly long that Holyfield can win this fight but if SI doesn't show up who knows...

IF he does pull the upset and win the heavyweight title, he will have his choice of opponents. 1) He is clearly the most lucrative opponent besides Klit 2) He carries the lowest risk of any top 10 heavyweight

He could choose to unify like he claims he wants to....and fight the easiest belt holder available or he could face Klit. I think if he wins within 3 days on the site that talks about boxing Hopkins will call him out.
Murad Muhammad offered 20 million to Wlad's handlers, was turned down and Wladdy wants to fight the IBF tourney winner... I guess Hopkins is a more courageous and deserving opponent for Holy, it's put up or shut up for Wladdy and his supporters!
Dorfmeister is offline  Top
Old 10-07-2007, 05:07 PM   #4
LennoxGOAT
Contender
ESB Senior Member

I really don't think he will win, but I will be shocked (if he does win) if he fights Wlad. Evander dragged his feet as long as he could ten years ago with Lennox, I can't imagine he would be quick to sign over his life in a fight against Wlad.
LennoxGOAT is offline  Top
Old 10-07-2007, 05:13 PM   #5
Dorfmeister
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by LennoxGOAT
I really don't think he will win, but I will be shocked (if he does win) if he fights Wlad. Evander dragged his feet as long as he could ten years ago with Lennox, I can't imagine he would be quick to sign over his life in a fight against Wlad.
Evander dragged his feet 10 years ago but still your man didn't follow up one single time from that thing he puts in your face and leaves there and got a dubious decision at the Staples only based on reach advantages, Big Daddy and Commander Vander were the real 90s hwts, Bowe even called Lewis and I quote "Yo Faggot"!
Dorfmeister is offline  Top
Old 10-07-2007, 05:13 PM   #6
pipe wrenched
ESB ELITE SQUAD
East Side VIP

vCash: 1852

Go Evander!
pipe wrenched is offline  Top
Old 10-07-2007, 05:20 PM   #7
Sonny's jab

vCash:

Quote:
Originally Posted by LennoxGOAT
The idea that Holyfield was attempting to duck Lewis is typical and extreme Lewis nuthugger propaganda.
Holyfield wanted to be undisputed champ as much as Lewis did, (and still does, in case you haven't heard), and the fight was made after negotiations and extending wranglings on BOTH SIDES were finalized.

Holyfield's record in regards to fighting the best and ducking no one is beyond reproach, as is Lewis's.
Old 10-07-2007, 05:25 PM   #8
Zakman
ESB's Chinchecker
East Side VIP

vCash: 588

Quote:
Originally Posted by Icemmann
He should face his daddy, John Ruiz.

Sorry, but losing a decision, faking a low blow to avoid getting counted out, and getting a gift draw doesn't qualify that cheating clubfighter to work Holyfield's corner, let alone face him in the ring.
Zakman is offline  Top
Old 10-07-2007, 05:26 PM   #9
Icemmann
Breakin it down.
ESB Full Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zakman

Sorry, but losing a decision, faking a low blow to avoid getting counted out, and getting a gift draw doesn't qualify that cheating clubfighter to work Holyfield's corner, let alone face him in the ring.
[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
Icemmann is offline  Top
Old 10-07-2007, 05:28 PM   #10
Rollo
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Wlad - to secure his retirement!
Rollo is offline  Top
Old 10-07-2007, 06:28 PM   #11
McGrain
Diamond Dog
East Side VIP

Anyone he likes, and for proper money.
McGrain is offline  Top
Old 10-07-2007, 07:44 PM   #12
cuchulain
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dorfmeister
Evander dragged his feet 10 years ago but still your man didn't follow up one single time from that thing he puts in your face and leaves there and got a dubious decision at the Staples only based on reach advantages, Big Daddy and Commander Vander were the real 90s hwts, Bowe even called Lewis and I quote "Yo Faggot"!
Lennox defeated Holy by a WIDE margin (and Holy said as much) in their first fight (the 'draw'). He beat him less convincingly the second time, but still by a clear margin.

As for Bowe (who was KO'd by Lennox in the Olympics), he threw his belt away rather than face Lennox.
cuchulain is offline  Top
Old 10-07-2007, 07:46 PM   #13
cuchulain
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rollo
Wlad - to secure his retirement!

That would secure his wife's life insurance payout (provided the policy didn't have a no-suicide clause).

Last edited by deram; 07-23-2006 at 04:43 AM.
cuchulain is offline  Top
Old 10-07-2007, 07:52 PM   #14
LennoxGOAT
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dorfmeister

????
Old 10-07-2007, 07:53 PM   #15
LennoxGOAT
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonny's jab
The idea that Holyfield was attempting to duck Lewis is typical and extreme Lewis nuthugger propaganda.
Holyfield wanted to be undisputed champ as much as Lewis did, (and still does, in case you haven't heard), and the fight was made after negotiations and extending wranglings on BOTH SIDES were finalized.

Holyfield's record in regards to fighting the best and ducking no one is beyond reproach, as is Lewis's.

I didn't say he ducked, I said he dragged his feet. Evander did everything in his power to extend the wait for the Lewis fight by making ridiculous contract demands.

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum