Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum

Old 10-07-2007, 09:29 PM   #16
Butch Coolidge
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 1000
Default Re: If Evander wins...who does he face?

maskaev would probably be his safest credible opponent
Butch Coolidge is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 10-07-2007, 09:52 PM   #17
Heavyrighthand
Champion
East Side Guru

I think Evander is dead set on this being merely the start of a belt collecting tour, and after he takes Ibrag's title (fairly likely), I think he'll at least try to set up a unification fight with one of the other three titleholders. But, it takes two to tango, as we all know.

And seeing as how the WBC is all tied up with a long line of mandatories, interims, emerituses, and such, it'll then be down to the WBA, or the IBF.

And I just bet that Holyfield will try to get a Chagaev fight, next, as he'll see Wlad as his final conquest; his toughest fight, and his most rewarding.

I think he'll seek out Chagaev, next. Holy can't just get the fight he wants, but he can certianly call them out publiclly, and with the money that a Holy fight will certianly bring for Chagaev, and Chagaev's confidence in his ability to beat the aging warhorse, I think Chagaev just may accept Holy as his next fight back after his sickness. (supposed sickness)

A victorious and newlyl crowned WBO titleholder, Holyfield, vs. the undefeated and younger Chagaev would probalby do very well.

But, this is merely my opinion of what Holy will try to do next. I guess we'll see.
Heavyrighthand is offline  Top
Old 10-07-2007, 09:58 PM   #18
andyZOR
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 823

Golota!
andyZOR is offline  Top
Old 10-07-2007, 11:15 PM   #19
CHEF
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

vCash: 2426

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dorfmeister
Murad Muhammad offered 20 million to Wlad's handlers, was turned down and Wladdy wants to fight the IBF tourney winner... I guess Hopkins is a more courageous and deserving opponent for Holy, it's put up or shut up for Wladdy and his supporters!
I know for a fact that is not true.....never happened. Wlad offered to holly before the Brewster fight...Holly said "NO"
CHEF is offline  Top
Old 10-08-2007, 03:52 AM   #20
Butch Coolidge
Contender
ESB Senior Member

all this boxing crap is bull shit just like wwf all fake shit they know who going to win before the fight why do you even waste you time with this bull shit
Butch Coolidge is offline  Top
Old 10-08-2007, 05:02 AM   #21
See Me Flow
The Pharaoh of Boxing
ESB Addict

It all depends HOW Holyfield wins. If he wins convincingly he should fight another top ten opponent before he's eligible to compete for the WBA, WBC or IBF titles.
See Me Flow is offline  Top
Old 10-08-2007, 05:28 AM   #22
sjc
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Who should he face?

Mr Retirement.

He has had an outstanding career, time to hang em up.
sjc is offline  Top
Old 10-08-2007, 07:05 AM   #23
ChrisPontius
March 8th, 1971
East Side Guru

vCash: 238

I think Holyfield will be stupid enough to have whatever he has left knocked out of him by Wlad.
ChrisPontius is offline  Top
Old 10-08-2007, 07:15 AM   #24
Icemmann
Breakin it down.
ESB Full Member

vCash: 75

Quote:
Originally Posted by UnbeatableFloyd
Let's hope so so he can finally retire and spend time with his 30 children.
What about the other 20?
Icemmann is offline  Top
Old 10-08-2007, 08:24 AM   #25
Dorfmeister
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by LennoxGOAT
????
I don't know where is the doubt... Riddick Bowe and Evander Holyfield fought three times at a relentless pace, give and take, stoic and enthusiastic bouts whereas Lewis was called a fag by Bowe after the Nov 1992 fight where Lewis was as a commentator... Holyfield also gave no respect to this guy when he leaned all over Evander in the end of the 1st round, 1st fight, and Holy carried him like a baby in front of referee Arthur Mercante Jr., Lewis stumbling all ova da place, still giving that stupid smile of his the same way when Bowe insulted him... Tell you more, Lewis never followed up any of his jabs (that he leaves there in his shorter opponent's face as a range finder, against Holyfield, Bruno, et cetera) and he didn't follow up cause he was afraid of what could come back at him... Both Lewis and Wlad have that in common, both big and strong on the outside, fragile and scared in the inside... Nobody cares about Lewis or remembers about him when Holyfield's name is brought up.
Dorfmeister is offline  Top
Old 10-08-2007, 08:33 AM   #26
Dorfmeister
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by cuchulain
Lennox defeated Holy by a WIDE margin (and Holy said as much) in their first fight (the 'draw'). He beat him less convincingly the second time, but still by a clear margin.

As for Bowe (who was KO'd by Lennox in the Olympics), he threw his belt away rather than face Lennox.
Even some of the Brits doubt about the second fight's verdict in Staples Center, LA, CA and the first fight in NYC was as such, could have gone either way... Lewis won the second fight cause he and Manny and biased HBO crew made such a fuss after the 1st fight...

Bowe called Lewis out and called him a faggot in his face after winning the unified title in Nov 1992 and Lewis was standing still and smiling like an idiot. Understand me, I am not a hater but there's no doubt in my mind Lennox only got brave much later against guys such as Shannon Briggs, Michael Grant and Andrew Golota... Actually why should the brits care? He was born in Canada, Jamaican origin and Bruno fought him with "True Brit" written in his trunks... Burt Sugar ranked Holyfield as nš11 HWT ATG after Holmes in 10th position, both Tyson and Lewis only at nš20 or some position, and he's a better analyst than you and me.
Old 10-08-2007, 05:08 PM   #27
cuchulain
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dorfmeister
Even some of the Brits doubt about the second fight's verdict in Staples Center, LA, CA and the first fight in NYC was as such, could have gone either way... Lewis won the second fight cause he and Manny and biased HBO crew made such a fuss after the 1st fight...

Bowe called Lewis out and called him a faggot in his face after winning the unified title in Nov 1992 and Lewis was standing still and smiling like an idiot. Understand me, I am not a hater but there's no doubt in my mind Lennox only got brave much later against guys such as Shannon Briggs, Michael Grant and Andrew Golota... Actually why should the brits care? He was born in Canada, Jamaican origin and Bruno fought him with "True Brit" written in his trunks... Burt Sugar ranked Holyfield as nš11 HWT ATG after Holmes in 10th position, both Tyson and Lewis only at nš20 or some position, and he's a better analyst than you and me.
First, who cares what the Brit's think?

Second, who do you think won the first Lewis-Holy fight?

Third, who cares what nationality Lewis is/was?

Fourth, how do you know Bert Sugar is a better analyst?

Oh, almost forgot, Do you think it shows a lot of class to call someone out and call them a faggot?

Lennox did his talking in the ring, Knocking Bowe out when they met Seoul. Bowe showed his spine when he tossed the belt in the garbage rather than take a second shit-kicking from Lewis. Facts.
cuchulain is offline  Top
Old 10-08-2007, 05:35 PM   #28
Dorfmeister
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by cuchulain
First, who cares what the Brit's think?

Second, who do you think won the first Lewis-Holy fight?

Third, who cares what nationality Lewis is/was?

Fourth, how do you know Bert Sugar is a better analyst?

Oh, almost forgot, Do you think it shows a lot of class to call someone out and call them a faggot?

Lennox did his talking in the ring, Knocking Bowe out when they met Seoul. Bowe showed his spine when he tossed the belt in the garbage rather than take a second shit-kicking from Lewis. Facts.
First, I give credit to what the Brits think as anyone else does but we should not care for this particular person or that thinking, true.

Second, I honestly think Lewis won their first fight ( not sure about the second).

Third, it doesn't matter what's Lewis nationality to me, it shouldn't matter but still it plays an important part in some people's mind ( but then we get back to the first point and I wanna move forward).

Fourth, Bert Sugar is an accomplished boxing historian and I only mentioned him cause he not only compared Lewis to Holyfield but various other heavies between themselves, check it in ESPN with Larry Holmes and George Chuvalo present. He has tools that we may not have, that seems logical, but that doesn't descredit your opinion or mine for that matter.

I don't think Bowe acted properly when he went to ringside and insulted Lewis for Chrissake neither do I accept Bowe's supporters thugster attitudes in the Golota fights... You have a point that Lennox had Riddick's senses reeling in Seoul ( yes, I have that fight of course) but I believe you go to far when you say that he would have done the same in 1993 or later, remember Cuban Jorge Luis Gonzales beat both Lewis and Bowe in the amateurs and Bowe pulverized him later... Bowe would have beaten Lewis had they met and had they performed like they did against common opponent Holyfield, that is my opinion ( not a fact like you claim your opinion is).

What is my interest in heavyweight box nowadays ( and this week in particuar) is Holyfield vs Ibragimov, not Lewis vs Bowe, Wlad Klitschko- Sam Peter claims to be Nº1 HWT, IBF tourneys or WBA eliminators so keep that in mind next time you ask me something... At the mean time, accept my apologies for any misunderstanding between two grown up ESB members.

Last edited by Dorfmeister; 10-08-2007 at 05:52 PM.
Old 10-08-2007, 05:42 PM   #29
TheGrimReaper
Contender
ESB Senior Member

golota
TheGrimReaper is offline  Top
Old 10-08-2007, 05:44 PM   #30
brooklyn1550
Roberto Duran
East Side VIP

Golota or Thompson

I wouldn't mind seeing Holyfield-McCline, but McCline needs to work his way back up to a shot.
brooklyn1550 is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum