Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum

Old 10-08-2007, 06:53 PM   #31
cuchulain
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

vCash: 1000
Default Re: If Evander wins...who does he face?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dorfmeister
First, I give credit to what the Brits think as anyone else does but we should not care for this particular person or that thinking, true.

Second, I honestly think Lewis won their first fight ( not sure about the second).

Third, it doesn't matter what's Lewis nationality to me, it shouldn't matter but still it plays an important part in some people's mind ( but then we get back to the first point and I wanna move forward).

Fourth, Bert Sugar is an accomplished boxing historian and I only mentioned him cause he not only compared Lewis to Holyfield but various other heavies between themselves, check it in ESPN with Larry Holmes and George Chuvalo present. He has tools that we may not have, that seems logical, but that doesn't descredit your opinion or mine for that matter.

I don't think Bowe acted properly when he went to ringside and insulted Lewis for Chrissake neither do I accept Bowe's supporters thugster attitudes in the Golota fights... You have a point that Lennox had Riddick's senses reeling in Seoul ( yes, I have that fight of course) but I believe you go to far when you say that he would have done the same in 1993 or later, remember Cuban Jorge Luis Gonzales beat both Lewis and Bowe in the amateurs and Bowe pulverized him later... Bowe would have beaten Lewis had they met and had they performed like they did against common opponent Holyfield, that is my opinion ( not a fact like you claim your opinion is).

What is my interest in heavyweight box nowadays ( and this week in particuar) is Holyfield vs Ibragimov, not Lewis vs Bowe, Wlad Klitschko- Sam Peter claims to be Nš1 HWT, IBF tourneys or WBA eliminators so keep that in mind next time you ask me something... At the mean time, accept my apologies for any misunderstanding between two grown up ESB members.
Thanks for the well reasoned response. That clears matters up somewhat.

Re: Bert Sugar; I'm sure he's probably a better analyst than I am. I don't have the time nor the resources to devote to it, nor have I been around as long. However, i don't always agree with him.

Re: facts. I only meant it was a fact that Lewis triumphed in the Olympics and that Bowe threw away the belt rather than defend it against Lewis.

As to how such a fight would have turned out, my OPINION was that Lennox would have prevailed, but that part is not a fact.

Lennox reached prime 1998/99 and was prime till mid 2003. During that period, I have him top 5 head-to-head all time.

Once again, thank you for a clear and reasonable response.

Regards.
cuchulain is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 10-08-2007, 07:18 PM   #32
marcin1786
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

Golota....that fight is money in the bank for both fighters and a battle of 2 of the 90's biggest stars. Plus loser is forced into retirement
marcin1786 is offline  Top
Old 10-08-2007, 07:38 PM   #33
Asterion
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 75

Holyfield should face Wlad (but he would be killed).
Asterion is offline  Top
Old 10-09-2007, 10:56 AM   #34
Dorfmeister
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asterion
Holyfield should face Wlad (but he would be killed).
The point should be whether or not the IBF would "release" Wlad from (t)his actionless captivity so that he could make a voluntary defense of the same against a WBO heavyweight titlist if Holyfield is to come out successful of his next fight assignement. I don't believe so because the IBF refused to sanction such a bout before and was the main reason Wlad refused a 20 million dollars proposal from M. Muhammad, and the IBF tournament winner is supposed to face Wlad and not whoever wins the title in the mean time - remember that the IBF made that deal with Wlad's, Povetkin's, Byrd's and Brock's handlers... Good news would be that Holy doesn't get "killed"
Dorfmeister is offline  Top
Old 10-09-2007, 01:20 PM   #35
darkness
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

Fight Golota that would be exciting and Hugly succesful box office wise.
darkness is offline  Top
Old 10-09-2007, 03:00 PM   #36
ChrisR
Whatever

If Holyfield wins, they'll start going backwards starting with Briggs.
ChrisR is offline  Top
Old 10-09-2007, 05:52 PM   #37
KO byBRIGGS
Making a comeback
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
If Holyfield wins, they'll start going backwards starting with Briggs.
I`d like to see that fight but im positive its not happening. Holyfield will unify if he gets the belt, hes done it before and he has the money and political pull to make it happen again.
KO byBRIGGS is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum