Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum

Old 03-18-2010, 12:15 PM   #1
kf824

vCash: 1000
Default Is Floyd being Hypocritical or Correct???

I was just reading about how Floyd wouldn't agree to a 50/50 split when a second pacquiao fight negotiation takes place. I'm assuming this is from him predicting that his fight with mosley will do better numbers then the PAC/clottey fight.

And I don't disagree with his prediction at all. May/mosley doin better numbers then the PAC/clottey fight is inevitable.

But what I don't get is this, the PAC/cotto fight did better numbers then the may/Marquez fight yet pacquiao eventually agreed to 50/50. Floyds arguement then was that he didn't have a partner, well if that's the case can't the same be said for PAC with clottey?

Do you guys think may will eventually accept a 50/50 again? Do you think it's all just a ploy to kill everything or do you think he's justified in asking for the larger piece of the pie this time around?
kf824 is offline  Top
Old 03-18-2010, 12:20 PM   #2
haglerwon
Official GTMSBT Marquez
ESB Jr Member

vCash: 1002
Default Re: Is Floyd being Hypocritical or Correct???

I think it's largely posturing. Honestly, I think the drug tests might represent more of a genuine roadblock than the split. After all the manure-talking from both sides over it, I can't see either wanting to be seen to back down now.

In any case, as far as I'm concerned all talk of Pac-Mayweather should be put on hold until after the Mosley fight. There's a genuine danger that Mayweather doesn't come out of that fight with his zero intact. Personally, I think he'll take a UD, but Mosley's too dangerous a fighter to be taking a Floyd victory for granted at this stage.
haglerwon is offline  Top
Old 03-18-2010, 12:23 PM   #3
BigReg
Broad Street Bully
East Side VIP

vCash: 75

Quote:
Originally Posted by kf824 View Post
I was just reading about how Floyd wouldn't agree to a 50/50 split when a second pacquiao fight negotiation takes place. I'm assuming this is from him predicting that his fight with mosley will do better numbers then the PAC/clottey fight.

And I don't disagree with his prediction at all. May/mosley doin better numbers then the PAC/clottey fight is inevitable.

But what I don't get is this, the PAC/cotto fight did better numbers then the may/Marquez fight yet pacquiao eventually agreed to 50/50. Floyds arguement then was that he didn't have a partner, well if that's the case can't the same be said for PAC with clottey?

Do you guys think may will eventually accept a 50/50 again? Do you think it's all just a ploy to kill everything or do you think he's justified in asking for the larger piece of the pie this time around?

Mayweather/Mosley doing better numbers than Pacquiao/Clottey is not enough to justify Mayweather getting a bigger split. However, Mayweather doing better numbers when he fought Hoya, Hatton, and Marquez than Pac did against those same guys is solid justification. What would put it over the top is if Mayweather/Mosley did significantly better numbers than Pacquiao/Cotto. Cotto is definately a bigger draw than Mosley. So if Mayweather/Mosley does say 1.7 million or better, Floyd would definately deserve the bigger split. In the end though, they should just agree on 50/50. It's the biggest fight in boxing. No need to ruin it over a few percentage points.
BigReg is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 03-18-2010, 12:29 PM   #4
Starched Him
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by kf824 View Post

To be honest it wont fair to begin with. Cotto Pac is the only fight to outdo floyd PPV even. Pac gets 2 good ppv showings and it overshadowed the YEARS OF FLOYDS HUGE PPV FIGHTS of course cotto brings more fans then jmm. He agreed to 50/50 because he wanted the fight and he knew they would play ahrd ball with him. But now he probaly hurt by the way the treated him when he asked for 1 thing. But it dont matter pac knows he gave away the leverage now because they didnt expect floyd to fight shane
so pac said he can have more money and any tests he wants.
I dont even think pac cares its arum. even with Arum eating 27% of his money pac still dont care he lives in the phillipeans dude is liek a billionair there so I will say I know pac dont care its arum and i think pac was speaking outside of his advisors but roach cosighned. This fight is going to happen I hope. Arum owns pac so if the fight dosent happen its because ARUM WANTED MORE MONEY. Him fighting margorito over mayweather should be the nail in the coffin whos bad for boxing. It aint a Boxer. Its the promoters the fighters just want to ****ing fight and get rich
Starched Him is offline  Top
Old 03-18-2010, 12:31 PM   #5
Starched Him
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Do I think Floyd a Hypocrit to answer your question? probaly most people are so there easy to see when there in the public like roach and pac saying they take any test he wants then changing there mind there human just like floyd and im not mad at them for changing there mind. They got a right to be imperfect as long as they heart beats blood and there lungs breath air
Starched Him is offline  Top
Old 03-18-2010, 12:35 PM   #6
NALLEGE
P4P King
East Side VIP

How can Floyd be view as a hypocrite if he wins? If Floyd beats Shane, and their ppv does bigger numbers than Clottey-PAc, how can PAc ask for 50-50. PAc never deserved 50-50, but Floyd new that the public demanded the fight so he was willing to do 50-50 knowing that had PAc's ppv numbers been bigger than Floyd, Arum would ask for 60-40...
NALLEGE is offline  Top
Old 03-18-2010, 01:33 PM   #7
Mrtibbs
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 1615

Guys please.... Wait for the mosley fight to happen.
Mrtibbs is offline  Top
Old 03-18-2010, 01:36 PM   #8
Knives7
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 999

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigReg View Post
Mayweather/Mosley doing better numbers than Pacquiao/Clottey is not enough to justify Mayweather getting a bigger split. However, Mayweather doing better numbers when he fought Hoya, Hatton, and Marquez than Pac did against those same guys is solid justification. What would put it over the top is if Mayweather/Mosley did significantly better numbers than Pacquiao/Cotto. Cotto is definately a bigger draw than Mosley. So if Mayweather/Mosley does say 1.7 million or better, Floyd would definately deserve the bigger split. In the end though, they should just agree on 50/50. It's the biggest fight in boxing. No need to ruin it over a few percentage points.
I agree with everything except for the bolded statement.
I mean just think about it. Clottey does not have a very big fan base compared to Pacquiao, Mosley or Mayweather. Pacquiao pretty much brought out all the people for the Pacquiao-Clottey. If Pacquiao-Clottey does make at least 800k-900k views then it's clear that Pacquiao can draw a lot of people to watch his fight. Not to mention that there are hardly any advertising for this fight. No 24/7 etc. They just said Pacquiao is going to fight Clottey. BOOM 5.1k people showed up in Dallas to watch the fight.

IMO, I don't give care about the split. I just want to them fight.
Knives7 is offline  Top
Old 03-18-2010, 01:36 PM   #9
Knives7
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by NALLEGE View Post
How can Floyd be view as a hypocrite if he wins? If Floyd beats Shane, and their ppv does bigger numbers than Clottey-PAc, how can PAc ask for 50-50. PAc never deserved 50-50, but Floyd new that the public demanded the fight so he was willing to do 50-50 knowing that had PAc's ppv numbers been bigger than Floyd, Arum would ask for 60-40...
[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
Knives7 is offline  Top
Old 03-18-2010, 01:37 PM   #10
dustball
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

vCash: 500

i dont care about the numbers and i dont think it should matter i think the higher rated fighter should get the bigger part of the purse not the bigger draw if floyd beats mosely who is considered the top welterweight and beats him n impressive fashion that makes him the top dog cause it is not a catch weight fight like the pac cotto its alegit title fight for a change mayweather will deserve the bigger purse and i agree mosely shouldnt be over looked and i also think mosely dont get credit for being the draw he is sugar shane is definetely a house hold name
dustball is offline  Top
Old 03-18-2010, 01:39 PM   #11
NALLEGE
P4P King
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knives7 View Post
I agree with everything except for the bolded statement.
I mean just think about it. Clottey does not have a very big fan base compared to Pacquiao, Mosley or Mayweather.
Hey Reg, get a load of this clown lol...
NALLEGE is offline  Top
Old 03-18-2010, 01:47 PM   #12
Knives7
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by NALLEGE View Post
Hey Reg, get a load of this clown lol...
[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
Who's the clown? Little Fagllege?

Knives7 is offline  Top
Old 03-18-2010, 01:48 PM   #13
southsidegym
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

vCash: 500

[quote]I dont even think pac cares its arum. even with Arum eating 27% of his money[quote]

Thank you, everybody know the Elephant in the room but would rather blame everyone else but the person who ACTUALLY killed the fight, from the time the cotto fight happen and people asked arum about the fight, he said he did not want it to happen and did everything in his power to kill it. IMO the Blood testing was HIS out not PAC's or Floyd's. people was saying he is too greedy to let the fight die. not relizing arum made as much if not more off the clotty v pac fight because Pac was guaranteed to get 25mil to fight may plus all his other % ppv etc, for clotty he was guaranteed 10mil plus his other monies from ppv etc. clotty was guarenteed 1.5mil plus what ever else from ppv. so really no matter what the ppv does he still was able to make a HUGE profit.
southsidegym is offline  Top
Old 03-18-2010, 01:51 PM   #14
Scar
ESB Junkie
East Side VIP

vCash: 372

PPV numbers for Clottey/Pac isn't out yet and remember this fight didn't get a 24/7 like Mayweather/Marquez did.

Fact is you beat a golden name and you start getting more attraction and PPV numbers, simple as that. Mayweather didn't do insane numbers before beating DLH nor did Pacquiao. Both beat him and now look how they're on top in PPV sales and general attraction.
Scar is offline  Top
Old 03-18-2010, 01:52 PM   #15
kukoy
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigReg View Post

I agree that 50/50 should still be the split. If Floyd asks for more than that and won't bend down with it, making it the only road block for their match up, then seriously, Floyd just does not want the fight PERIOD.
kukoy is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum