Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum

Old 03-19-2010, 05:53 PM   #31
oscar
Journeyman

vCash: 1000
Default Re: Olusegun v lynes tbc haye undercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Olu G. Rotimi View Post
Talk is cheap baby. Obviously Lynes has got brave. Ajose is already above this level having held the Nigerian, African Boxing Union, British and Commonwealth titles and currently the WBC number 2 contender and unbeaten beating better tougher fighters than Lynes who been defeated 7 times, stopped and has quit several times. He really is a fighter to admire Colin Lynes.
Mr Olu, you have been calling out colin lynes for years.Well here he is, lets hope he is not your nemesis. No need to keep putting him down verbally, Ajose can do it in the ring on the 3rd if he is the fighter you keep telling us. Just dont write mr lynes off just yet after all he did beat mr Branco in Italy in the eyes of the majority of impartial observers and the three round prizefighter format dident suite his style, credit where credit due.
oscar is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 03-20-2010, 04:21 AM   #32
Olu G. Rotimi
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arnie View Post
Come on Colin shut this clown up
Someone going to get **** down alright. Guaranteed.
Olu G. Rotimi is offline  Top
Old 03-20-2010, 04:27 AM   #33
Olu G. Rotimi
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by oscar View Post
Mr Olu, you have been calling out colin lynes for years.Well here he is, lets hope he is not your nemesis. No need to keep putting him down verbally, Ajose can do it in the ring on the 3rd if he is the fighter you keep telling us. Just dont write mr lynes off just yet after all he did beat mr Branco in Italy in the eyes of the majority of impartial observers and the three round prizefighter format dident suite his style, credit where credit due.
No he did not Mr Oscar and Branco was shot. Its not a matter of can rather it is a matter of will. Lets just hope Lynes shows up. That is my concern. Seen a lot of Lynes lets just say our opinions of his abilities differ. Please explain to me his performances against Malinga, Witter, Daws and McCloskey perhaps I can gain some learning.
Old 03-20-2010, 04:28 AM   #34
Olu G. Rotimi
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Frankly I just don't see what some people see in Lynes I really don't.
Old 03-20-2010, 04:50 AM   #35
TFFP
The Eskimo
East Side VIP

vCash: 2500

Say what you want about Lynes but he's fought top notch opponents in Witter and McCloskey and he's fought in Italy.

That's more than Ajose has done I'm afraid. All Ajose has done is beat up on sub-par opponents year upon year.
TFFP is offline  Top
Old 03-20-2010, 06:42 AM   #36
alba
Guess who?
East Side Guru

is this fight going to be on the PPV telecast?or is it just on the undercard.
alba is offline  Top
Old 03-20-2010, 09:27 AM   #37
RichDam
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

Haha when I saw the length of the thread, I knew Olu had to have returned.

Think Ajose can take this, but he needs to find away to nullify Lynes' jab which can rack up the points. Fancy Ajose to soften him up and force a late stoppage though he needs to box intelligently in the early rounds.
RichDam is offline  Top
Old 03-20-2010, 10:46 AM   #38
oscar
Journeyman

Quote:
No he did not Mr Oscar and Branco was shot. Its not a matter of can rather it is a matter of will. Lets just hope Lynes shows up. That is my concern. Seen a lot of Lynes lets just say our opinions of his abilities differ. Please explain to me his performances against Malinga, Witter, Daws and McCloskey perhaps I can gain some learning.
If Branco is shot why is he fighting for eu belt against m at hatton next week? Malinga fight couldent see out of damaged eye, Witter was close in my opinion one judge had witter in front by one point over 12 rounds, Daws he was suffering from virus, Mccloskey he had family probs. But i know excuses at the end of the day, but be assured he will turn up and he will be aiming to give your man a lesson in respect, looking at Ajoses record it dosent compare to colins, we will see on the 3rd.
oscar is offline  Top
Old 03-20-2010, 11:02 AM   #39
oscar
Journeyman

Quote:
Originally Posted by TFFP View Post
Say what you want about Lynes but he's fought top notch opponents in Witter and McCloskey and he's fought in Italy.

That's more than Ajose has done I'm afraid. All Ajose has done is beat up on sub-par opponents year upon year.
EXACTLY RIGHT
oscar is offline  Top
Old 03-20-2010, 02:24 PM   #40
Olu G. Rotimi
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by TFFP View Post

McCloskey and Malinga are top notch. Witter and the Welsh lad who beat Mbaye have some qualities.I like Lenny Daws but pushing the limits to say he is top notch but he is not bad though. What they all have in common is that they have defeated Lynes. Ajose is an African who has fought in Europe and the UK. He was going to fight the WBC title eliminator in Romania. The difference between him and Lynes is that he wins. Its not about fighting in Italy it is about beating what is front of you wherever you fight. Many a time he has defeated the other guy in his hometown e.g. Bradley Pryce, Nigel Wright etc. Quite frankly Ali Nuumbembee and other are better than Lynes.
Old 03-20-2010, 02:29 PM   #41
Olu G. Rotimi
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by oscar View Post
If Branco is shot why is he fighting for eu belt against m at hatton next week? Malinga fight couldent see out of damaged eye, Witter was close in my opinion one judge had witter in front by one point over 12 rounds, Daws he was suffering from virus, Mccloskey he had family probs. But i know excuses at the end of the day, but be assured he will turn up and he will be aiming to give your man a lesson in respect, looking at Ajoses record it dosent compare to colins, we will see on the 3rd.
Excuses excuses. After every defeat there is an injury. The Witter fight was not close rather Lynes fought like a crab was petrified and came to survive. When he turns up he will be given due respect and defeated.
Old 03-20-2010, 02:33 PM   #42
Olu G. Rotimi
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichDam View Post
Haha when I saw the length of the thread, I knew Olu had to have returned.

Think Ajose can take this, but he needs to find away to nullify Lynes' jab which can rack up the points. Fancy Ajose to soften him up and force a late stoppage though he needs to box intelligently in the early rounds.
Thanks RichDam Ajose will in my opinion stop Lynes who will find out that he is in over his head. Ajose will demonstrate that he is better than Lynes in every facet. You need much more than a jab against Ajose.
Old 03-20-2010, 02:38 PM   #43
Olu G. Rotimi
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Anyway out of respect to all of you I will keep my views about Lynes to myself and just discuss he fight. Great to be on Showtime as well so the Yanks can see Ajose who is likely to fight the likes of Devon Alexander and Desert Storm Timothy Bradley down the line and soon.
Old 03-20-2010, 02:45 PM   #44
Beeston Brawler
Comical Ali-egedly
East Side VIP

vCash: 75

Lynes beat Branco clearly mate.

Won AT LEAST 7 rounds and scored a KD.

Granted, he's faded, probably due to losing his enthusiasm for the sport after being ripped off like that against Branco... then having a tough decision go against him in the M'Baye fight, which he took on short notice.

He can still give pretty much any non-world class LWW a decent argument, despite having 7 losses.
Beeston Brawler is offline  Top
Old 03-20-2010, 02:45 PM   #45
chrisfinch
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Anyway out of respect to all of you I will keep my views about Lynes to myself and just discuss he fight. Great to be on Showtime as well so the Yanks can see Ajose who is likely to fight the likes of Devon Alexander and Desert Storm Timothy Bradley down the line and soon.
Errrrrrrrrrrr, I really don't think Showtime will be showing this fight somehow.

Do you mean Sky Box Office?
chrisfinch is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum