boxing
Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum


Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 03-20-2010, 05:56 PM   #46
achillesthegreat
FORTUNE FAVOURS THE BRAVE
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 18,267
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Olusegun v lynes tbc haye undercard

The Haye bills has been putting together an undercard very late. Poor showing. It's a big heavyweight title defence, it should have a solid undercard being promoted for 2 months not 2 weeks.
achillesthegreat is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-20-2010, 06:18 PM   #47
ishy
P4P King
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Yorkshire
Posts: 22,619
vCash: 500
Default Re: Olusegun v lynes tbc haye undercard

Have you seen the Klitschko card? 50,000 fans and it's ****ing gash.
ishy is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2010, 06:10 PM   #48
Olu G. Rotimi
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 3,048
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Olusegun v lynes tbc haye undercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beeston Brawler View Post
Lynes beat Branco clearly mate.

Won AT LEAST 7 rounds and scored a KD.

Granted, he's faded, probably due to losing his enthusiasm for the sport after being ripped off like that against Branco... then having a tough decision go against him in the M'Baye fight, which he took on short notice.


He can still give pretty much any non-world class LWW a decent argument, despite having 7 losses.
Beeston mate I respect you and I know you know and love your boxing as well. Lets just say our opinions on Lynes differ and let us agree to disagree. I don't want to go on about Lynes because people will think it is personal and that I have a blind spot where he is concerned. I am just going to say that while Witter, Mbaye and the Welsh lad were former world champions Malinga and Daws were not and McCloskey is a guy on the way up.
Olu G. Rotimi is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2010, 06:29 PM   #49
Beeston Brawler
Comical Ali-egedly
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: trying to increase my overdraft....
Posts: 23,329
vCash: 75
Default Re: Olusegun v lynes tbc haye undercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Olu G. Rotimi View Post
Beeston mate I respect you and I know you know and love your boxing as well. Lets just say our opinions on Lynes differ and let us agree to disagree. I don't want to go on about Lynes because people will think it is personal and that I have a blind spot where he is concerned. I am just going to say that while Witter, Mbaye and the Welsh lad were former world champions Malinga and Daws were not and McCloskey is a guy on the way up.
That's fair enough.

Assuming that your man isn't really rusty because of a long layoff I'd expect him to have too much for Lynes at this stage.
Beeston Brawler is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2010, 05:05 AM   #50
Lee Mc
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: London
Posts: 3,555
vCash: 172
Default Re: Olusegun v lynes tbc haye undercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Olu G. Rotimi View Post
Talk is cheap baby. Obviously Lynes has got brave. Ajose is already above this level having held the Nigerian, African Boxing Union, British and Commonwealth titles and currently the WBC number 2 contender and unbeaten beating better tougher fighters than Lynes who been defeated 7 times, stopped and has quit several times. He really is a fighter to admire Colin Lynes.
What a ***** you really come across as. In fact, the above makes you look so bad that one can only hope that it was said in jest and you're trying to hype the fight up...

If you think that the Nigerian and African titles are even comparable to the European then you are seriously more deluded than I previously thought, Mr "Ajose vs Floyd Mayweather is a "call-'em" fight".

Colin Lynes has already been British and Commonwealth champion and the European title is regarded as a higher level than them.

With you as his manager, no wonder Ajose has kept us entertained soley from his deluded outbursts on tv than for anything he has ever achieved in the ring.

No wonder he'd even struggle to sell tickets to his family...

You have an inherit lack of class.
Lee Mc is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2010, 07:23 AM   #51
Mazallan
ESB yes man
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Tempted by the fruit of another...tempted that the truth is discovered..
Posts: 3,762
vCash: 1841
Default Re: Olusegun v lynes tbc haye undercard

Ajose will win by KO early.
Mazallan is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2010, 10:36 AM   #52
Olu G. Rotimi
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 3,048
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Olusegun v lynes tbc haye undercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lee Mc View Post
What a ***** you really come across as. In fact, the above makes you look so bad that one can only hope that it was said in jest and you're trying to hype the fight up...

If you think that the Nigerian and African titles are even comparable to the European then you are seriously more deluded than I previously thought, Mr "Ajose vs Floyd Mayweather is a "call-'em" fight".

Colin Lynes has already been British and Commonwealth champion and the European title is regarded as a higher level than them.

With you as his manager, no wonder Ajose has kept us entertained soley from his deluded outbursts on tv than for anything he has ever achieved in the ring.

No wonder he'd even struggle to sell tickets to his family...

You have an inherit lack of class.
Lee MC you are obviously emotional. The Nigerian title is a champion of the largest population in the Africa continent with about over 140 Million people. To put this into context the country is 4 and half times the size of the UK. The African title is the continental title and ranks up there as a continental title like the European. The way you refer to these titles and the lack of respect says more about you. I would never denigrate the British and European title which is proven by the fact that Ajose fought and won the Lonsdale belt immediately he was eligible for it. We had to give it up reluctantly as the British title defence with Daws was scheduled within 2 weeks of the WBC final eliminator.

If I have an inherent lack of class then you have something but I am to much of Gentleman to say it.
Olu G. Rotimi is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2010, 10:40 AM   #53
MagicMan91
The Main Event Mafia
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Highgate/Camden, London
Posts: 4,980
vCash: 179
Default Re: Olusegun v lynes tbc haye undercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Olu G. Rotimi View Post
Lee MC you are obviously emotional. The Nigerian title is a champion of the largest population in the Africa continent with about over 140 Million people. To put this into context the country is 4 and half times the size of the UK. The African title is the continental title and ranks up there as a continental title like the European. The way you refer to these titles and the lack of respect says more about you. I would never denigrate the British and European title which is proven by the fact that Ajose fought and won the Lonsdale belt immediately he was eligible for it. We had to give it up reluctantly as the British title defence with Daws was scheduled within 2 weeks of the WBC final eliminator.

If I have an inherent lack of class then you have something but I am to much of Gentleman to say it.
Is Ajose from/living in/has lived in Kentish Town, Olu?
MagicMan91 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2010, 10:45 AM   #54
Lee Mc
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: London
Posts: 3,555
vCash: 172
Default Re: Olusegun v lynes tbc haye undercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Olu G. Rotimi View Post
Lee MC you are obviously emotional. The Nigerian title is a champion of the largest population in the Africa continent with about over 140 Million people. To put this into context the country is 4 and half times the size of the UK. The African title is the continental title and ranks up there as a continental title like the European. The way you refer to these titles and the lack of respect says more about you. I would never denigrate the British and European title which is proven by the fact that Ajose fought and won the Lonsdale belt immediately he was eligible for it. We had to give it up reluctantly as the British title defence with Daws was scheduled within 2 weeks of the WBC final eliminator.

If I have an inherent lack of class then you have something but I am to much of Gentleman to say it.

Name any of the current Nigerian Champions who could beat any of the current British Champions...
Lee Mc is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2010, 10:55 AM   #55
Lee Mc
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: London
Posts: 3,555
vCash: 172
Default Re: Olusegun v lynes tbc haye undercard

*** Current Nigerian Champions ***

Heavy - Adewale Abbey (9-8 )won title against 0-2-1 fighter

Cruiser - 2 active fighters, no Champion

Light-Heavy - 2 active fighters, no Champion

Super-Middle - Mojeed Okedara (3-4), won title against 0-4 fighter

Middle - 1 active fighter

Need I go on???

Ghana is respected by Boxing fans and so is South Africa, but Nigeria??

It's nothing to do with race in case you decide to pull that one...
Lee Mc is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2010, 11:26 AM   #56
Olu G. Rotimi
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 3,048
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Olusegun v lynes tbc haye undercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lee Mc View Post
*** Current Nigerian Champions ***

Heavy - Adewale Abbey (9-8 )won title against 0-2-1 fighter

Cruiser - 2 active fighters, no Champion

Light-Heavy - 2 active fighters, no Champion

Super-Middle - Mojeed Okedara (3-4), won title against 0-4 fighter

Middle - 1 active fighter

Need I go on???

Ghana is respected by Boxing fans and so is South Africa, but Nigeria??

It's nothing to do with race in case you decide to pull that one...
No point in really speaking to you.
Olu G. Rotimi is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2010, 11:33 AM   #57
Lee Mc
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: London
Posts: 3,555
vCash: 172
Default Re: Olusegun v lynes tbc haye undercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Olu G. Rotimi View Post
No point in really speaking to you.
Not when all the information I need to prove that the Nigerian and African titles are complete **** is available, eh?
Lee Mc is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2010, 01:29 PM   #58
Olu G. Rotimi
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 3,048
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Olusegun v lynes tbc haye undercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lee Mc View Post
Not when all the information I need to prove that the Nigerian and African titles are complete **** is available, eh?
It is precisely because of this type of rubbish that I refuse to speak to you. You have the audacity to call the African and Nigerian titles a derogatory term titles won by men better than you could ever be like the Great **** Tiger, Hogan Kid Bassey, Kazeem Armah, the legendary Azumah Nelson, Eddie Ndukwu, Ike Quartey are numerous others. I will never speak to you again that is for sure. You are not worth my time. Your mate or hero Lynes will get what is coming to him.
Olu G. Rotimi is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2010, 01:32 PM   #59
Mazallan
ESB yes man
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Tempted by the fruit of another...tempted that the truth is discovered..
Posts: 3,762
vCash: 1841
Default Re: Olusegun v lynes tbc haye undercard

Apart from Amir Khan we only have one really great fighter at light welter and he is the orgasmic Ajose Olusegun. He is great man and a world class boxer. A win against Lynes will take him one step further on his path to legendary status.
Mazallan is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2010, 03:03 PM   #60
Olu G. Rotimi
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 3,048
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Olusegun v lynes tbc haye undercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by MagicMan91 View Post
Is Ajose from/living in/has lived in Kentish Town, Olu?
Lived in Kentish Town when he first came to the UK.
Olu G. Rotimi is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Reply

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump






All times are GMT -4. The time now is 12:21 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Boxing News 24 Forum 2015