Old 03-22-2010, 02:40 PM   #61
kosaros
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

vCash: 999
Default Re: Olusegun v lynes tbc haye undercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Olu G. Rotimi View Post
Lee MC you are obviously emotional. The Nigerian title is a champion of the largest population in the Africa continent with about over 140 Million people. To put this into context the country is 4 and half times the size of the UK. The African title is the continental title and ranks up there as a continental title like the European. The way you refer to these titles and the lack of respect says more about you. I would never denigrate the British and European title which is proven by the fact that Ajose fought and won the Lonsdale belt immediately he was eligible for it. We had to give it up reluctantly as the British title defence with Daws was scheduled within 2 weeks of the WBC final eliminator.

If I have an inherent lack of class then you have something but I am to much of Gentleman to say it.
I don't want to 'bash' the African title, but I think it is unreasonable to compare it to the European title in terms of stature. As Lee has pointed out, some of the current champions are not, based on their records, all that great and wouldn't have a chance against the current European champions.

For example, the WBU title has been won by the likes of George Foreman, James Toney and Ricky Hatton in the past. The current WBU champion at lightweight is Willie Limond. Do you think he would have a chance against the current crop of 'World' title holders?
kosaros is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 03-22-2010, 08:03 PM   #62
Olu G. Rotimi
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 1000

Quote:
Originally Posted by kosaros View Post
I don't want to 'bash' the African title, but I think it is unreasonable to compare it to the European title in terms of stature. As Lee has pointed out, some of the current champions are not, based on their records, all that great and wouldn't have a chance against the current European champions.

For example, the WBU title has been won by the likes of George Foreman, James Toney and Ricky Hatton in the past. The current WBU champion at lightweight is Willie Limond. Do you think he would have a chance against the current crop of 'World' title holders?
Correct me if I am wrong but is Limond not the Scottish kid who first decked Amir Khan? Ultimately in my view it is the person holds the belts rather than the titles themselves per se so I take your point about some of the WBU Champions. I was over the moon when Ajose won the WBF Intercontinental title in his 7th fight because he took and stopped the much more experienced Holgate proving a point. Holgate as a scalp was significant more so than the title. All titles have value from the Southern Area to World title however the fighter wearing the belt enhances the value.
Olu G. Rotimi is offline  Top
Old 03-22-2010, 08:09 PM   #63
TFFP
The Eskimo
East Side VIP

vCash: 2500

'The fighter holding the belt' holds weight up to a certain point. James Toney might claim that when he holds the IBO title and its sort of fair enough because of his pedigree in the sport.

But to be honest at this level it doesn't hold true. We're still wondering how good Olusegun is, some of the opposition leaves us with more questions than answers. Sure, you believe he's the greatest around which is fair enough because he's your guy, but for us fans to simply claim 'It's the fighter that holds the belt' doesn't convince us because we havn't seen the full extent of Ajose's abilities against better fighters. You know or think Olusegun is that good having been around him but we don't know it as yet.
TFFP is offline  Top
Old 03-23-2010, 03:55 AM   #64
Lee Mc
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 172

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mazallan View Post
Apart from Amir Khan we only have one really great fighter at light welter and he is the orgasmic Ajose Olusegun. He is great man and a world class boxer. A win against Lynes will take him one step further on his path to legendary status.
Lee Mc is offline  Top
Old 03-23-2010, 06:20 AM   #65
Top Dog
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Lynes will lose this one, think he is coming near the end, and Ajose is a good fighter, Lynes last fight possibly
Top Dog is offline  Top
Old 03-23-2010, 10:05 AM   #66
MagicMan91
The Main Event Mafia
ESB Addict

vCash: 179

Quote:
Lived in Kentish Town when he first came to the UK.
Ahhh nice, live about 2 minutes up the road from Kentish myself
MagicMan91 is offline  Top
Old 03-24-2010, 09:03 AM   #67
Olu G. Rotimi
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Top Dog View Post
Lynes will lose this one, think he is coming near the end, and Ajose is a good fighter, Lynes last fight possibly
Thanks for the support Top Dog. You remain a Top stand up Guy.

Fancy Haye to do a number on Ruiz and one of these days hopefully get rid of the Klithkos.
Old 03-24-2010, 04:40 PM   #68
alba
Guess who?
East Side Guru

Quote:
Thanks for the support Top Dog. You remain a Top stand up Guy.

Fancy Haye to do a number on Ruiz and one of these days hopefully get rid of the Klithkos.
any idea about the weigh inn ?
alba is offline  Top
Old 04-01-2010, 10:00 AM   #69
RichDam
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

Not long now. C'mon Ajose. Any news Olu???
RichDam is offline  Top
Old 04-04-2010, 07:10 AM   #70
Olu G. Rotimi
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichDam View Post
Not long now. C'mon Ajose. Any news Olu???
Sorry to get back to you late RichDam. Just fgot back to London from my flight from Manchester. As you and Top Dog predicted Ajose stopped Lynes and was far to much for him and made him quit. Flying back to Nigeria tonight to continue the celebrations.
Old 04-04-2010, 07:12 AM   #71
Beeston Brawler
Comical Ali-egedly
East Side VIP

vCash: 75

Were you the guy in the suit?
Beeston Brawler is offline  Top
Old 04-04-2010, 07:13 AM   #72
Olu G. Rotimi
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by kosaros View Post

Well you have seen what my guy did to Colin Lynes in front of the boxing world a recent European champion. Which proves the point that it is the fighter that holds the belt nor the belt per se.
Old 04-04-2010, 07:14 AM   #73
Olu G. Rotimi
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by TFFP View Post
'The fighter holding the belt' holds weight up to a certain point. James Toney might claim that when he holds the IBO title and its sort of fair enough because of his pedigree in the sport.

But to be honest at this level it doesn't hold true. We're still wondering how good Olusegun is, some of the opposition leaves us with more questions than answers. Sure, you believe he's the greatest around which is fair enough because he's your guy, but for us fans to simply claim 'It's the fighter that holds the belt' doesn't convince us because we havn't seen the full extent of Ajose's abilities against better fighters. You know or think Olusegun is that good having been around him but we don't know it as yet.
I think Ajose performance yesterday was pretty emphatic.
Old 04-04-2010, 07:21 AM   #74
Olu G. Rotimi
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by oscar View Post
Mr Olu, you have been calling out colin lynes for years.Well here he is, lets hope he is not your nemesis. No need to keep putting him down verbally, Ajose can do it in the ring on the 3rd if he is the fighter you keep telling us. Just dont write mr lynes off just yet after all he did beat mr Branco in Italy in the eyes of the majority of impartial observers and the three round prizefighter format dident suite his style, credit where credit due.
Well Mr Oscar I think you got the answer yesterday. The truth of the matter like I pointed out is that Ajose is far superior to Colin Lynes at every facet of the game. Perhaps now credit can be given where it is due. No excuses Lynes lost to a better fighter and in my opinion a better man.
Old 04-04-2010, 07:25 AM   #75
Olu G. Rotimi
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arnie View Post
Come on Colin shut this clown up
How do you think Lynes could shut anyone up is beyond me.

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum