boxing
Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Classic Boxing Forum


Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 03-19-2010, 03:24 AM   #1
ricardinho
Champion
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 5,120
vCash: 259
Default What are the top 3 fights you regret missing

Which 3 PPV fights did you regret not ordering.



Holyfield v Bowe I

Morales v Barrera I

Hopkins v Trinidad
ricardinho is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-19-2010, 03:58 AM   #2
anarci
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: SAN GABRIEL VALLEY
Posts: 12,225
vCash: 1000
Default Re: What are the top 3 fights you regret missing

Damn Homey You missed Barrera-Morales I? When that fight was announced i knew i had to be there Lost my voice for a week Then i went to Vargas-Quartey the following month.
anarci is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2010, 04:00 AM   #3
anarci
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: SAN GABRIEL VALLEY
Posts: 12,225
vCash: 1000
Default Re: What are the top 3 fights you regret missing

I missed Castillo-Corrales I
anarci is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2010, 09:18 AM   #4
Jorodz
watching Gatti Ward 1...
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Canada, eh? Roy Jones, Jack Daniels and Grandma's Boy
Posts: 10,825
vCash: 1139
Default Re: What are the top 3 fights you regret missing

gatti-ward 1 made me a fan so... gatti-ward 2, gatti-ward 3, mayweather-hatton (for the weigh in alone)
Jorodz is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2010, 01:30 PM   #5
ricardinho
Champion
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 5,120
vCash: 259
Default Re: What are the top 3 fights you regret missing

Quote:
Originally Posted by anarci View Post
Damn Homey You missed Barrera-Morales I? When that fight was announced i knew i had to be there Lost my voice for a week Then i went to Vargas-Quartey the following month.
I missed the fight because I had traveled in business and my boss she took the team out for dinner and drinks. I was the only male in a team of 5 we were all college students.
ricardinho is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2010, 01:38 PM   #6
Son of Gaul
Champion
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: The Abyss
Posts: 7,627
vCash: 248
Default Re: What are the top 3 fights you regret missing

Quote:
Originally Posted by anarci View Post
I missed Castillo-Corrales I
Same here...
Son of Gaul is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2010, 01:43 PM   #7
ironchamp
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: New York
Posts: 2,831
vCash: 1230
Default Re: What are the top 3 fights you regret missing

I don't remember Trinidad Hopkins being PPV

As I recall I watched it in the dorms when I was a freshman in College. And they don't order pay per view fights. Just regular HBO.

As for the OP

Tyson vs. Holyfield II: Not because of the turn out or end result but it was a fight which lives in infamy and it's shock factor would have been amplified if I'd seen it live.

De la Hoya vs. Vargas: Would have loved to see it unfold. especially when Some of the people I was around thought that Oscar was gonna get his head knocked off.
ironchamp is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2010, 03:32 PM   #8
ricardinho
Champion
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 5,120
vCash: 259
Default Re: What are the top 3 fights you regret missing

Quote:
Originally Posted by ironchamp View Post
I don't remember Trinidad Hopkins being PPV

As I recall I watched it in the dorms when I was a freshman in College. And they don't order pay per view fights. Just regular HBO.

As for the OP

Tyson vs. Holyfield II: Not because of the turn out or end result but it was a fight which lives in infamy and it's shock factor would have been amplified if I'd seen it live.

De la Hoya vs. Vargas: Would have loved to see it unfold. especially when Some of the people I was around thought that Oscar was gonna get his head knocked off.
I was not sure either but I do regret not watching the fight
ricardinho is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2010, 06:48 PM   #9
Thread Stealer
P4P King
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Posts: 18,346
vCash: 1000
Default Re: What are the top 3 fights you regret missing

Hopkins-Trinidad was PPV. Barrera-Morales 1 was not, it was on HBO Boxing After Dark.

I didn't order any of the Pacquiao-Morales fights, and the first two were excellent fights.

There's not too many good fights on PPV that I missed. Back in the 90s it was easier to just use a scrambler to get it, so I would just tape it if I was doing something else. I watched Bowe-Holyfield 1 and Foreman-Moorer on tape, but my dad and I made sure to not listen to the radio to give away the ending.

I missed Bowe-Holyfield 2 as I was at an 8th grade dance. I remember on the way back the radio talking about some nutcase flying down on it. That was a real good fight that I missed and didn't have the same suspense when watching on tape, since I knew the ending.
Thread Stealer is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2010, 05:01 PM   #10
ricardinho
Champion
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 5,120
vCash: 259
Default Re: What are the top 3 fights you regret missing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thread Stealer View Post
Hopkins-Trinidad was PPV. Barrera-Morales 1 was not, it was on HBO Boxing After Dark.

I didn't order any of the Pacquiao-Morales fights, and the first two were excellent fights.

There's not too many good fights on PPV that I missed. Back in the 90s it was easier to just use a scrambler to get it, so I would just tape it if I was doing something else. I watched Bowe-Holyfield 1 and Foreman-Moorer on tape, but my dad and I made sure to not listen to the radio to give away the ending.

I missed Bowe-Holyfield 2 as I was at an 8th grade dance. I remember on the way back the radio talking about some nutcase flying down on it. That was a real good fight that I missed and didn't have the same suspense when watching on tape, since I knew the ending.
Bowe Holyfield II was an amazing fight the best heavyweight fight probably thee best heavyweight fight I have seen in recent times.
ricardinho is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2010, 05:13 PM   #11
ricardinho
Champion
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 5,120
vCash: 259
Default Re: What are the top 3 fights you regret missing

duplicate post

Last edited by ricardinho; 03-20-2010 at 05:14 PM. Reason: deleted because of a duplicate post
ricardinho is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Reply

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Classic Boxing Forum

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump






All times are GMT -4. The time now is 10:57 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Boxing News 24 Forum 2015