Its beggars belief to me
madmanc3210 is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 10-27-2011, 07:38 PM   #2
buster007
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 1166
Default Re: How can a country the size of wales produce 2 more atg fighters than us

Quote:
Originally Posted by madmanc3210 View Post
Its beggars belief to me
there must be something better to debate surely, lol.
buster007 is online now  Top
Old 10-27-2011, 08:33 PM   #3
StiffJab
Butcher Berridge
ESB Addict

vCash: 2746
Default Re: How can a country the size of wales produce 2 more atg fighters than us

Dont feed the Troll
StiffJab is offline  Top
Old 10-27-2011, 10:20 PM   #4
ALTogethernow
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 500

Would be impressive, unfortunatley though wales had provided some decent level fighters,we are still waiting on any all time greats from wales! Surely wont be long though they have enough of a population, and due to poor socio economic level a higher per capita participation in boxing then Australia (due to their being many more opportunities in Australia for monetary gain and fame from a far wider range of sports/achievements)

Come on Wales, you can do it
ALTogethernow is offline  Top
Old 10-27-2011, 11:06 PM   #5
ipswich express
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 75

I can only presume you've not heard of Jimmy Wilde.
ipswich express is offline  Top
Old 10-28-2011, 01:00 AM   #6
JOSEY WALES
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 1000

Quote:
Originally Posted by ALTogethernow View Post
Would be impressive, unfortunatley though wales had provided some decent level fighters,we are still waiting on any all time greats from wales! Surely wont be long though they have enough of a population, and due to poor socio economic level a higher per capita participation in boxing then Australia (due to their being many more opportunities in Australia for monetary gain and fame from a far wider range of sports/achievements)

Come on Wales, you can do it
Gavin Rees ?
JOSEY WALES is offline  Top
Old 10-28-2011, 01:24 AM   #7
ALTogethernow
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Wales, probably equally talent worthy with NewSouthWales. Very small fish!
Old 10-28-2011, 01:25 AM   #8
ALTogethernow
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Ippy, I doubt the author of the post knows who you are talking about (jimmy lol) He only knows of Calzaghe (and we all know he is about 1899 in atg list) and loves him so dearly he counts him twice!
Old 10-28-2011, 01:26 AM   #9
JOSEY WALES
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Wales, probably equally talent worthy with NewSouthWales. Very small fish!
Name me one unified champ from NSW and five fragmented belt holders if that's the case .
Old 10-28-2011, 02:00 AM   #10
JOSEY WALES
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Ippy, I doubt the author of the post knows who you are talking about (jimmy lol) He only knows of Calzaghe (and we all know he is about 1899 in atg list) and loves him so dearly he counts him twice!
I think Ippy was referring to YOUR post when he wrote that , anyway back to the task in hand , we know the op is a troll as stiffy quiet rightly states but when you come on talking utter shit about my country you got to expect to be pulled up on it . Nothing personal ,
Old 10-28-2011, 02:20 AM   #11
ALTogethernow
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Fair enough Josey Riddle me this then Josey, are you embarrassed as a welshman to have mdmac spruiking wales wares?
Old 10-28-2011, 02:36 AM   #12
JOSEY WALES
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Fair enough Josey Riddle me this then Josey, are you embarrassed as a welshman to have mdmac spruiking wales wares?
Our fighters , actors , politicians , scientists etc peddle our wares around the world enough for my liking mate and seeing as we are a nation of approximately 1.9 million they do a good enough job , as for the thread starter well he if you had home grown moderator of your own in thus section of ESB then these sledging threads would disappear , btw are you Brian Roberts nephew ? If so I would rather talk about his career than the shit we have both bitten on here mate .
Old 10-28-2011, 02:39 AM   #13
sallywinder
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by madmanc3210 View Post
Its beggars belief to me
it must come from being englands dirty back door.......
sallywinder is offline  Top
Old 10-28-2011, 02:50 AM   #14
JOSEY WALES
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by sallywinder View Post
it must come from being englands dirty back door.......
Hey Sal enough of the standard insults let's talk boxing aye ? You said ferreri got jobbed in Wales when he fought Johnny Owen ( R I P Johhny ) for the Commonwealtn bantamweight title back in 78 the other day , not so mate I was talking this weekend to two oldies up my club and they were there that night ( I was a schoolboy then and my da wouldn't let me travel there on my own ) and they both told me "as game as Paul was it wasn't remotely a robbery" is that what was being peddled about Australia by Paul and his team back them or is it just your opinion ?
Old 10-28-2011, 03:29 AM   #15
pegson123
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

the size. is the reason. u join a boxing gym their like u join mod league or soccer here.. i would have to go out of my way to find a proper boxing gym here.
pegson123 is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Australian Boxing Forum