Old 03-22-2010, 12:52 AM   #16
MAG1965
P4P King
East Side VIP

vCash: 1010
Default Re: Rank The Fantastic Four's Wars In Order

Quote:
Originally Posted by techks View Post
Duran is the only man to go the full 15 rounds with Hagler shouldn't that amount to something win or lose? I think the Duran win is Benitez' best victory so I give him credit.
Not really. Hagler knew Duran had a good inside fight and he didn't want to fall into Duran's trap. Duran is great on the inside. Hagler fought a safe fight and won a decision. Hagler did go 15 with Vito on the night Ray fought Benitez, but it was not during his title reign, but it still matters a little so it was not out of the ordinary. More out of the ordinary was Hagler going crazy and brawling with Hearns. But in that fight he knew that was not Hearns fight and fighting on the outside he would not beat Hearns. Duran still lost to Hagler. Duran fans tend to make a win from a loss with Hagler.
MAG1965 is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 03-22-2010, 01:00 AM   #17
techks
ATG list Killah!
East Side Guru

Location: ......Bit stalkerish to ask where I live don't ya think?
vCash: 85

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAG1965 View Post
Not really. Hagler knew Duran had a good inside fight and he didn't want to fall into Duran's trap. Duran is great on the inside. Hagler fought a safe fight and won a decision. Hagler did go 15 with Vito on the night Ray fought Benitez, so it was not out of the ordinary. More out of the ordinary was Hagler going crazy and brawling with Hearns. But in that fight he knew that was not Hearns fight and fighting on the outside he would not beat Hearns. Duran still lost to Hagler. Duran fans tend to make a win from a loss with Hagler.
Hmmm I forgot that went 15 I thought it went 12. Ok you corrected me but still Duran is the second and last man to go 15 with Hagler and I just checked Hagler's record so ya cant correct me this time. That's still an accomplishment he's the only one of the Fab 4 to go the full 15 with Hagler. Vito was wild with Hagler and people forget that fight is much closer than most make it out to be.
techks is offline  Top
Old 03-22-2010, 01:01 AM   #18
redrooster
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 1000

Yecch!! Leonard!

I couldnt even get a top 5 out of this one unless I threw in Hearns-Cuevas which, really set up the drama surrounding the Leonard-Hearns fight

1. Hagler-Hearns

2. Leonard-Duran I

3. Hearns Duran which set up Hagler-Hearns. I thought Hagler's rep died down after the Duran fight

4. Leonard-Hearns I is okay but just okay. Didnt really see any state of the art skills. Heart? yes there was heart shown on the part of Leonard and a fair display of hard punching

On the other hand.....

Hagler-Duran is NOT a quality fight so it would be wrong to include it. And Hearns-Leonard II, Tommy came into the fight as a very low grade opponent-too shot to be fighting at this stage, Leonard-Duran II, III-very low quality and mediocre- a disgrace. Hagler like Hearns, was also pretty far gone in the 87 match. Fans need to look elsewhere instead of looking to the same names for action. I'm talking UPCOMING talent, young, hot, and ready to fight

Not to be unfair to Leonard and Hagler, I believed Spinks Braxton to be an attractive bout. Terrible match
redrooster is offline  Top
Old 03-22-2010, 02:36 AM   #19
MAG1965
P4P King
East Side VIP

Quote:
Hmmm I forgot that went 15 I thought it went 12. Ok you corrected me but still Duran is the second and last man to go 15 with Hagler and I just checked Hagler's record so ya cant correct me this time. That's still an accomplishment he's the only one of the Fab 4 to go the full 15 with Hagler. Vito was wild with Hagler and people forget that fight is much closer than most make it out to be.
oh no I was not trying to correct you at all. I am sure you know things I don't and vice versa. I am not trying to correct anyone. All of us love boxing, it isn't a matter of proving anything. My point was only that Hagler going 15 was not big deal and Vito did it, and most would say he was not atg. It was just the style of Duran. He knew Duran on the inside could be trouble. So he fought conservatively.
MAG1965 is offline  Top
Old 03-22-2010, 02:37 AM   #20
MAG1965
P4P King
East Side VIP

Quote:
yeah it was close. Hagler was always so upset about that night, not that he didn't win the title but how Ray got the top billing. Then to lose to Ray in his last fight must have been tough.
MAG1965 is offline  Top
Old 03-22-2010, 02:51 AM   #21
techks
ATG list Killah!
East Side Guru

Quote:
oh no I was not trying to correct you at all. I am sure you know things I don't and vice versa. I am not trying to correct anyone. All of us love boxing, it isn't a matter of proving anything. My point was only that Hagler going 15 was not big deal and Vito did it, and most would say he was not atg. It was just the style of Duran. He knew Duran on the inside could be trouble. So he fought conservatively.
It's okay you did correct me earlier I said Duran was the only man to go 15 with Hagler and I was wrong I admit that. No need to apologize dude I was wrong
techks is offline  Top
Old 03-22-2010, 02:53 AM   #22
techks
ATG list Killah!
East Side Guru

Quote:
yeah it was close. Hagler was always so upset about that night, not that he didn't win the title but how Ray got the top billing. Then to lose to Ray in his last fight must have been tough.
That fight was close too ironically. I thought Leonard edged it by a point or two. Hagler is my fav out of the Fab 4.
techks is offline  Top
Old 03-22-2010, 02:53 AM   #23
MAG1965
P4P King
East Side VIP

Quote:
It's okay you did correct me earlier I said Duran was the only man to go 15 with Hagler and I was wrong I admit that. No need to apologize dude I was wrong
well I am wrong all the time on here, so it doesn't matter. I cannot believe I forgot where Ray Leonard fought Camacho but I did. Maybe Atlantic City. We cannot remember everything.
MAG1965 is offline  Top
Old 03-22-2010, 02:58 AM   #24
techks
ATG list Killah!
East Side Guru

Quote:
well I am wrong all the time on here, so it doesn't matter. I cannot believe I forgot where Ray Leonard fought Camacho but I did. Maybe Atlantic City. We cannot remember everything.
Yep it was in Atlantic City I just checked on ***rec. You're right the mind can only hold so much things at once so we all tend to forget something.
techks is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Classic Boxing Forum