Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > European Boxing Forum


Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 05-04-2010, 08:49 PM   #31
Armo_Ruski
best of da best
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: "Little Odessa" NY, Glendale CALi
Posts: 700
vCash: 1000
Default Re: The Cruiserweights Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by bodhi View Post
Yep, itīs him. Heīs born in Ukraine but has German ancestors and moved to Germany when he was six years old. He is the complete package, just lacks experience.
cool cool has he fought since the haye.valuev undercard???
Armo_Ruski is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-05-2010, 01:20 AM   #32
bodhi
So I can die easy ...
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 9,491
vCash: 1337
Default Re: The Cruiserweights Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Armo_Ruski View Post
cool cool has he fought since the haye.valuev undercard???
Yeah, he decisioned Michael Simms over 8 since then.
bodhi is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2010, 05:50 AM   #33
Fullhouse
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 433
vCash: 75
Default Re: The Cruiserweights Thread

Cunningham is slated to face Troy Ross (23-1, 16 KOs) for the vacant IBF Cruiserweight Title.
[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]


The fight will happen on june 5th in Germany on the Sylvester-Kamarzin-Undercard.
Fullhouse is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2010, 06:53 AM   #34
qwertyz
Ready to rumble
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Poland
Posts: 636
vCash: 628
Default Re: The Cruiserweights Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brickhaus View Post
Steve Cunningham signed with Sauerland. Very smart move on his part, IMO. Now, hopefully a lot of exciting fights can get made.
Ye, that's sad a bit, cuz he will not get a fight against Huckic, also WBO 'champ' will get better fights than USS for sure, kinda favoured.
qwertyz is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2010, 08:11 AM   #35
emanuel_augustus
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 2,449
vCash: 1000
Default Re: The Cruiserweights Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by qwertyz View Post
Ye, that's sad a bit, cuz he will not get a fight against Huckic, also WBO 'champ' will get better fights than USS for sure, kinda favoured.
Is it a good move or are they setting him up to win a title and then gift it to one of their Euro fighters? Ok, I'm just cynical.

Hopefully this will put Cunningham in the mix and get him in the ring. He's the best boxer who has had his career stalled by inactivity and lack of exposure. He's only fought once on American TV, the Adamek fight. It's a shame, but maybe this move will at least get him fights and make him some money.
emanuel_augustus is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2010, 08:23 AM   #36
bodhi
So I can die easy ...
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 9,491
vCash: 1337
Default Re: The Cruiserweights Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by emanuel_augustus View Post
Is it a good move or are they setting him up to win a title and then gift it to one of their Euro fighters? Ok, I'm just cynical.

Hopefully this will put Cunningham in the mix and get him in the ring. He's the best boxer who has had his career stalled by inactivity and lack of exposure. He's only fought once on American TV, the Adamek fight. It's a shame, but maybe this move will at least get him fights and make him some money.
They probably give him the IBF title back than one, two defences and then when they feel Huck would beat him set up an unification bout to make Huck a unified champ and a claimant for beeing "the man" at cw.
bodhi is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2010, 10:56 AM   #37
Brickhaus
Packs the house
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Badlefthook.com
Posts: 11,159
vCash: 75
Default Re: The Cruiserweights Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by emanuel_augustus View Post
Is it a good move or are they setting him up to win a title and then gift it to one of their Euro fighters? Ok, I'm just cynical.

Hopefully this will put Cunningham in the mix and get him in the ring. He's the best boxer who has had his career stalled by inactivity and lack of exposure. He's only fought once on American TV, the Adamek fight. It's a shame, but maybe this move will at least get him fights and make him some money.
I'm not sure which of their Euro fighters they'd "gift" it to. He'd still box Huck's hears off. Frenkel is too green and probably would get outboxed by him as well. Guys who can box some but also have serious power are the people most likely to beat him. If Cunningham had a good chin, he'd really be something. I think he's a great boxer though.

FWIW, Cunningham-Wlodarczyk II was also aired in the US, but only on regional networks.
Brickhaus is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2010, 01:30 PM   #38
Cpt_Vodka
Teddy Atlas
ESB Full Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 414
vCash: 446
Default Re: The Cruiserweights Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brickhaus View Post
I'm not sure which of their Euro fighters they'd "gift" it to. He'd still box Huck's hears off. Frenkel is too green and probably would get outboxed by him as well. Guys who can box some but also have serious power are the people most likely to beat him. If Cunningham had a good chin, he'd really be something. I think he's a great boxer though.

FWIW, Cunningham-Wlodarczyk II was also aired in the US, but only on regional networks.
That is true, but it wasn't aired live. They only showed it about a week or so after the fight.
Cpt_Vodka is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2010, 02:20 AM   #39
Serenata
Fit und geimpft
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Muenster, Germany
Posts: 3,052
vCash: 1678
Default Re: The Cruiserweights Thread

Firat Arslan is making a comback fight
Serenata is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2010, 02:34 AM   #40
IntentionalButt
Nash Equilibrium Debunker
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Boston
Posts: 123,177
vCash: 35250
Default Re: The Cruiserweights Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Serenata View Post
Firat Arslan is making a comback fight
Against Steve Herelius.
IntentionalButt is online now  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2010, 06:12 AM   #41
bodhi
So I can die easy ...
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 9,491
vCash: 1337
Default Re: The Cruiserweights Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Serenata View Post
Firat Arslan is making a comback fight
I like that guy. Limited but heart and determination. I would like to see him and Fragomeni fight. Two old farts with a brawling style. Would be a great fight.
bodhi is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2010, 09:47 AM   #42
Serenata
Fit und geimpft
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Muenster, Germany
Posts: 3,052
vCash: 1678
Default Re: The Cruiserweights Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by bodhi View Post
I like that guy. Limited but heart and determination. I would like to see him and Fragomeni fight. Two old farts with a brawling style. Would be a great fight.
Good idea. I also like Firat, he is not the naturally gifted type but a worker. Nice and decent personality.
Serenata is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2010, 01:49 PM   #43
emanuel_augustus
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 2,449
vCash: 1000
Default Re: The Cruiserweights Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by bodhi View Post
I like that guy. Limited but heart and determination. I would like to see him and Fragomeni fight. Two old farts with a brawling style. Would be a great fight.
I've long that would be a good matchup. You could pretty much put Arslan with any of the brawling Euros and it would be a good match.

This division is blowing up in Europe, I'm glad to see Cunningham get in the mix. He could seriously unify the titles if given a chance.
emanuel_augustus is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2010, 02:22 PM   #44
Wiesiek
Contender
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 1,227
vCash: 1000
Default Re: The Cruiserweights Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brickhaus View Post
I'm not sure which of their Euro fighters they'd "gift" it to. He'd still box Huck's hears off. Frenkel is too green and probably would get outboxed by him as well. Guys who can box some but also have serious power are the people most likely to beat him. If Cunningham had a good chin, he'd really be something. I think he's a great boxer though.

FWIW, Cunningham-Wlodarczyk II was also aired in the US, but only on regional networks.
I actually think he has a very good chin, All these shots from wlodarczyk , huck ,didnt seem to bother him much and they re 2 of the biggest punchers in the division, Yes he was down 3 times against adamek but hurt only once and not that bad. Plus adamek was a beast in cw knocking out every1 infront of him.
Wiesiek is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2010, 03:30 PM   #45
Jaaames
Contender
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 1,427
vCash: 983
Default Re: The Cruiserweights Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wiesiek View Post
I actually think he has a very good chin, All these shots from wlodarczyk , huck ,didnt seem to bother him much and they re 2 of the biggest punchers in the division, Yes he was down 3 times against adamek but hurt only once and not that bad. Plus adamek was a beast in cw knocking out every1 infront of him.
He also went the distance and won against Guillermo Jones....

I'm not sure about Troy's chin but the guy has power in both hands... I think this will be a good fight... I wonder if ShoBox or B.A.D. will air this.. ESPN Classic or something...
Jaaames is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Reply

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > European Boxing Forum

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump





All times are GMT -4. The time now is 11:05 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Boxing News 24 Forum 2013