Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum

Old 10-08-2007, 11:26 PM   #16
jopez707
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 497
Default Re: **Could Cotto v. Mosley turn into another JCC v. Taylor?**

I dont think Cotto can take the kind of punnishment that JCC took for most of thos 11 3/4 rounds, Meldrick was strafing JCC with hard shots all night. Cotto would have folded under that pressure, he just doesnt have the rock hard chin that JCC had.
jopez707 is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 10-08-2007, 11:36 PM   #17
BoxingGuru
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 1000

Quote:
Originally Posted by UnbeatableFloyd
Cotto has a glass chin as was exposed by Corley, Torres, Abdullah and Judah. All 4 had him buzzed and a couple had him ready to go. The thing that saved him was the low blows (ala Trinidad).
That's funny considering he won all those fights. I don't call being hurt and getting up and DESTROYING your enemy a glass jaw. So Pavlik has a glass jaw? Also don't make shit up, Cotto was not hurt against Judah whatsoever and Mosley doesn't even have Judah's power at 147.
BoxingGuru is offline  Top
Old 10-08-2007, 11:37 PM   #18
MSTR
More Speed Than Roy!!!!!
ESB Addict

The similarities are there, although I don't think that Mosley is the same fighter that prime Taylor is. He doesn't box as well as Taylor IMO. Chavez and Cotto are similar but different also. Cotto a better combination puncher, who can box as well, where as Chavez had the better chin and better defense/head movement in getting inside. Taylor was a great fighter on the inside, with the way he would put his punches together was phenomanel. I don't think Shane punches like this on the inside. He will dig in with his hooks, and throw with more power, but not at the same rate that Taylor did, which is what really befuddled Chavez for most of the fight.
MSTR is offline  Top
Old 10-08-2007, 11:37 PM   #19
brooklyn1550
Roberto Duran
East Side VIP

Quote:
Cotto has a glass chin as was exposed by Corley, Torres, Abdullah and Judah. All 4 had him buzzed and a couple had him ready to go. The thing that saved him was the low blows (ala Trinidad).
brooklyn1550 is offline  Top
Old 10-08-2007, 11:40 PM   #20
MSTR
More Speed Than Roy!!!!!
ESB Addict

Quote:
Shutup. This post is rubbish. He only low blowed Judah, and it was after he had recovered anyway. Judah definitely has one punch power, more so then Mosley IMO at this stage of career anyway, and Cotto although buzzed, showed he could fight on without worry of being knocked out. At 147 his chin has seemed stronger, and it is definitely not glass.
MSTR is offline  Top
Old 10-08-2007, 11:46 PM   #21
41fever
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 75

I don't think SSM can hang with a monster like Cotto at this stage of his career for twelve brutal rds...but the same Mosley that fought DLH is another story
41fever is offline  Top
Old 10-08-2007, 11:47 PM   #22
MSTR
More Speed Than Roy!!!!!
ESB Addict

Quote:
Judging by your avatar pic I wouldn't expect you to see through the blinders or blindness for that matter. Judad does not have more power than Mosley. Mosley was able to go up to 154 and ko a guy who walks around at 220+ pounds. He even dazed Winky when Winky foolishly dropped his hands. And Cotto low blowed Judah right when he was dazed by Zab, not after he recovered.
Wow, another newbie dick. Im not buying into your game troll.
MSTR is offline  Top
Old 10-08-2007, 11:48 PM   #23
jopez707
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 497

Quote:
Originally Posted by MSTR
Shutup. This post is rubbish. He only low blowed Judah, and it was after he had recovered anyway. Judah definitely has one punch power, more so then Mosley IMO at this stage of career anyway, and Cotto although buzzed, showed he could fight on without worry of being knocked out. At 147 his chin has seemed stronger, and it is definitely not glass.
Judah had one punch ko power at 140, his power at 147 aint what it used to be. I wouldn't rate him over Cotto, Mosley, Berto, Julio, Margarito, CIntron or maybe even a few others at 147.
jopez707 is offline  Top
Old 10-09-2007, 02:33 AM   #24
Axe
Champion
East Side Guru

Good analogy Orishaman.

The biggest difference I see is Cotto's chin not being in the same galaxy as the chin of JCC.
Axe is offline  Top
Old 10-09-2007, 11:59 AM   #25
Dorfmeister
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 75

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axe
Good analogy Orishaman.

The biggest difference I see is Cotto's chin not being in the same galaxy as the chin of JCC.
Orishaman made good analogies and so did we, such is the difficulty to make it out between these two and at this stage ( and Calzaghe-Kessker's btw) but we all know we are tryin to pepper it a lil bit and put a lot of emotion into the rational case... There's no indication whatsoever about Cotto's level of resilience compared to Chavez' or the other way around, the same way that there is no reason to believe Taylor was more effective and faster than Mosley will be. Of course, Mosley comes off a long period of inactivity since February and Cotto from a very demanding fight in June, younger Cotto may be fresher to get the fireworks started but he also may get to feel weary at a very fast paced, demanding fight and older Mosley may grow into the late part of the fight - that would be precisely the opposite to what most expect... One thing I agree with Orishaman and with most, Mosley has to take Cotto's punch to overcome him and that is not an easy task. At this advanced point, I will go with Jim Bagg's prediction though, Mosley by unanimous decision in what will be fight of the year.
Dorfmeister is offline  Top
Old 10-09-2007, 12:17 PM   #26
Relentless
ESB Junkie
East Side VIP

vCash: 1900

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ask Whole
Mosley 100% on this fight.
Cotto aint got nothing, unless he stuns mosley
i dont think he can hit mosley enough to win rounds
2 negatives make a positive, fool stop pretending to be a uneducated *****.
Relentless is offline  Top
Old 10-09-2007, 12:45 PM   #27
Fab2333
Needs to Get It 2Gether
ESB Addict

vCash: 623

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orishaman
The stage is set up for what should be a candidate for fight of the year, Sugar Shane Mosley, a warrior doesn’t back up for anyone, speed , style, slick…Miguel Cotto, deliverit, methodical, powerful body attack and can finish like a freight train. sound familiar, well we all remember one of the most brutal fight in recent memory…the methodical, body puncher that can finish like a freight train JCC vs. the speedy, slick, doesn’t back up for anyone Meldrick Taylor…for 10 rounds JCC put a body attack that destroyed Meldrick as a boxer, he broke him and finished him….now I am saying the Cotto v. SSM fight has all the parallels to that fight, the powerful and methodical vs. the sleek speedy opponent…I hope that the outcome of this fight will not end like that one. but action wise, I can see this fight following the path of the JCC fight…Cotto powerful body attack, and disfigurations punches to the head, vs. SSM sleek combos and angle punches….

What you guys think…

I agree I cant wait for this fight
Fab2333 is offline  Top
Old 10-09-2007, 04:09 PM   #28
gutto
Contender
ESB Senior Member

REALLY PUMPED ABOUT THIS FIGHT IMO COULD BE FOTY FINGERS CROSSED
gutto is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum