boxing
Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Australian Boxing Forum

Old 03-29-2010, 10:05 PM   #61
stiflers mum
Geale 4 life
East Side VIP

vCash: 75
Default Re: gennadyi golovkin to fight mundine for regular title?

an article on Golovkin.mentions Mundine as the IBO belt holdergood KO record Mundine wont fight him IMO.

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
stiflers mum is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 03-29-2010, 10:12 PM   #62
COULDHAVEBEEN
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 970

Quote:
Originally Posted by Contendo View Post
I'm with you for the most part CHB when it comes to the number of titles/belts on offer, but fact is, that's today's boxing sphere and we work with it accordingly.

I don't mind any of the big 4 and I believe a champion in any sanctioning body is a champion if he stands up on his patch and defends accordingly. If he then unifies against other champions, fantastic for himself and the sport.

I do stand by my earlier comments though that some fighters simply don't need belts to stand on their own and be able to carry/sell a fight.
Agree in principal with all of that.

Certainly defending your patch is prerequisite to cred as champ, and unification the ultimate.

But you are also right about great fights - if the names and the contest is big enough who cares about belts?
COULDHAVEBEEN is offline  Top
Old 03-29-2010, 11:25 PM   #63
Contendo
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 1000

Quote:
Originally Posted by COULDHAVEBEEN View Post
Agree in principal with all of that.

Certainly defending your patch is prerequisite to cred as champ, and unification the ultimate.

But you are also right about great fights - if the names and the contest is big enough who cares about belts?

By rights Jeff Fenech was and is still considered one of the greatest Featherweight champions, yet to my knowledge never unified the division?

He did however stand up and take on all comers, hence the well earned and deserved champion status.

A Manny Pac vs. Shane Mosley or PBF type names - certainly don't need belts/titles to boost the appeal of those names/match-up's.

Contendo is offline  Top
Old 03-30-2010, 06:55 AM   #64
20a87
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 3071

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sox View Post
No mate, you're weird.
You've been s****ping with just about everyone here, what's the common denominator?
You're hot and cold at the flick of a light switch.

Let it go, you're not doing yourself any good.
I'm sure I am

I could argue the merits of choc all day and I would think the topic of mundine is the common denominator.

Doing myself good, in what respect can you do yourself good on a forum?

Quote:
Originally Posted by stiflers mum View Post
an article on Golovkin.mentions Mundine as the IBO belt holdergood KO record Mundine wont fight him IMO.

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
I doubt he's scared of golovkin, I don't think you can bet against mundine if this came off.
20a87 is offline  Top
Old 03-30-2010, 08:03 AM   #65
balmain
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

You know the funny thing of this whole forum. Chocs fights are not selected by Choc his father George Reno or myself. Khoder who is Chocs manager makes the final decision on every fight BUT everybody attacks Choc. Jeff Fenech never made the decision on who he fought. Lionel Rose and Johnny Famechon never fought each other and not because either was frightened. Like his father he has beat every Australian he has ever fought. Please my friends.........Where is the love?
balmain is offline  Top
Old 03-30-2010, 08:18 AM   #66
20a87
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 3071

Quote:
Originally Posted by balmain View Post
You know the funny thing of this whole forum. Chocs fights are not selected by Choc his father George Reno or myself. Khoder who is Chocs manager makes the final decision on every fight BUT everybody attacks Choc. Jeff Fenech never made the decision on who he fought. Lionel Rose and Johnny Famechon never fought each other and not because either was frightened. Like his father he has beat every Australian he has ever fought. Please my friends.........Where is the love?
I don't know whether people have issues with his opponents because of their blind hate for mundine or whether they genuinely think the guys he fights are ****. The only fight I don't think should have happened recently is the falliga bout. Geale, medley, taylor etc are all good fights - golovkin would get the same beating if they met
20a87 is offline  Top
Old 03-30-2010, 08:19 AM   #67
ashley
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

Quote:
Its funny mate as I can remember clear as day when he left the Dragons.....he was holding and Ali book and saying I'm going to be world champ.

I shat bricks as I was a big Dragons fan and a Mundine fan as well....I was gutted....couldnt work out why he would leave $600k a year doing backflips

Anyway along came his first few fights and I thought hes pretty fast, nice power and good evasion....he could win an aussie title

Jeff Fenech put his 2 best fighters up against choc and choc smashed them and won the title

rest is history......looking forward to you helping choc to the next level and seeing him win another title or 5
ashley is offline  Top
Old 03-30-2010, 09:03 AM   #68
WhataRock
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

vCash: 166

Quote:

Come on Balmain thats a stretch.

You mean to tell me Choc has no input in his career path?

None at all...he is a simple puppet?
I dont believe for a second that Mundine cant turn around and say to Khoder, "not good enough mate"

Choc cops his medicine for good reason.
You compare yourself to Don Bradman you better start looking past the Rob Medleys and Garth Woods of the world.
WhataRock is offline  Top
Old 03-30-2010, 09:05 AM   #69
balmain
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

Ash, when he decided to give football away he told Tony he was going to be a fighter. Tony kept telling him how stupid he was being and stay at football. He told him he wont make money from boxing. Its to hard. Stick with what you are good at. Who listens to there father?
balmain is offline  Top
Old 03-30-2010, 09:05 AM   #70
WhataRock
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

Quote:

delete.
Old 03-30-2010, 09:08 AM   #71
teke
Titans Time !!!
East Side Guru

vCash: 2611

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhataRock View Post
Come on Balmain thats a stretch.

You mean to tell me Choc has no input in his career path?

None at all...he is a simple puppet?
I dont believe for a second that Mundine cant turn around and say to Khoder, "not good enough mate"
How is that a stretch? It is totally believable that he has little to no input to who he fights.
teke is offline  Top
Old 03-30-2010, 09:12 AM   #72
ashley
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

Quote:
Ash, when he decided to give football away he told Tony he was going to be a fighter. Tony kept telling him how stupid he was being and stay at football. He told him he wont make money from boxing. Its to hard. Stick with what you are good at. Who listens to there father?
what can you say about the choc & khoder team...they just did it right
ashley is offline  Top
Old 03-30-2010, 09:14 AM   #73
WhataRock
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

Dont misunderstand my point teke...Its Khoder's job to go find the opponant, look at the figures and sort out the logistics. This is not something Im saying Choc has a lot of input with.

But to basically wash Mundine's hands of how his career pans out just doesnt cut it with me...He is a man who has choices, he is the face of the whole endevour, he is the one who will ultimately get scrutinized. He doesnt like copping **** when he fights the guys he does, do something about it.

Lets not forget who has a stake in Boxa Promotions.
Old 03-30-2010, 09:18 AM   #74
ashley
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhataRock View Post
Dont misunderstand my point teke...Its Khoder's job to go find the opponant, look at the figures and sort out the logistics. This is not something Im saying Choc has a lot of input with.

But to basically wash Mundine's hands of how his career pans out just doesnt cut it with me...He is a man who has choices, he is the face of the whole endevour, he is the one who will ultimately get scrutinized. He doesnt like copping **** when he fights the guys he does, do something about it.
Balmain is in the best position to make the call on this WAR....dont see why he would say it was true if it was ****
ashley is offline  Top
Old 03-30-2010, 09:20 AM   #75
balmain
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

Yes WhataRock I am telling you that Khoder has the final say on every fight. He has people outside of Team Mundine who he confides in but he calls the shots. Because of the dietician Choc worked with he now knows he should never fought at super middle. He was just not big enough for that division. He flies out on the weekend to America while his groin heals from his recent operation. Be back straight after the Mayweather/Mosley fight. By then Khoder will have everything in place for his next fight.
balmain is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Australian Boxing Forum