Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Australian Boxing Forum

Old 03-30-2010, 08:23 AM   #76
ashley
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

vCash: 1000
Default Re: gennadyi golovkin to fight mundine for regular title?

Quote:
Originally Posted by balmain View Post
Yes WhataRock I am telling you that Khoder has the final say on every fight. He has people outside of Team Mundine who he confides in but he calls the shots. Because of the dietician Choc worked with he now knows he should never fought at super middle. He was just not big enough for that division. He flies out on the weekend to America while his groin heals from his recent operation. Be back straight after the Mayweather/Mosley fight. By then Khoder will have everything in place for his next fight.
Nice mate....choc hanging with P4P # 1 Money Mayweather....whats everybody else doing for the fight
ashley is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 03-30-2010, 08:23 AM   #77
teke
Titans Time !!!
East Side Guru

vCash: 2611

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhataRock View Post
Dont misunderstand my point teke...Its Khoder's job to go find the opponant, look at the figures and sort out the logistics. This is not something Im saying Choc has a lot of input with.

But to basically wash Mundine's hands of how his career pans out just doesnt cut it with me...He is a man who has choices, he is the face of the whole endevour, he is the one who will ultimately get scrutinized. He doesnt like copping shit when he fights the guys he does, do something about it.

Lets not forget who has a stake in Boxa Promotions.
I havnt misunderstood your point at all. To me his career resembles exactly how much effort he has put into it.
teke is offline  Top
Old 03-30-2010, 08:27 AM   #78
dominator
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

vCash: 1397

Quote:
Yes WhataRock I am telling you that Khoder has the final say on every fight. He has people outside of Team Mundine who he confides in but he calls the shots. Because of the dietician Choc worked with he now knows he should never fought at super middle. He was just not big enough for that division. He flies out on the weekend to America while his groin heals from his recent operation. Be back straight after the Mayweather/Mosley fight. By then Khoder will have everything in place for his next fight.
Balmain, I appreciate how you keep us on the forum updated with Choc's movements and progress.

I for some reason was expecting Choc to announce his next fight on the day of the weigh in for Green - Siaca.

Based on the above, I assume this won't be happening.

Also, with Choc in the states for a month, are there any specific plans of his over there that you are able to detail?
dominator is offline  Top
Old 03-30-2010, 08:28 AM   #79
balmain
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

Wll there you go teke. Bet your glad we have cleared that up. Wouldnt you just love Khoder choosing Manlys games this season?
balmain is offline  Top
Old 03-30-2010, 08:31 AM   #80
ashley
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by dominator View Post
Balmain, I appreciate how you keep us on the forum updated with Choc's movements and progress.

I for some reason was expecting Choc to announce his next fight on the day of the weigh in for Green - Siaca.

Based on the above, I assume this won't be happening.

Also, with Choc in the states for a month, are there any specific plans of his over there that you are able to detail?
Good thinking mate...maybe choc could land on a footy field in a chopper
ashley is offline  Top
Old 03-30-2010, 08:32 AM   #81
ashley
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

Quote:
Wll there you go teke. Bet your glad we have cleared that up. Wouldnt you just love Khoder choosing Manlys games this season?
Souths x 26 rounds hi pecks
ashley is offline  Top
Old 03-30-2010, 08:35 AM   #82
WhataRock
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

vCash: 166

People still cant see what Im getting at here.

There is really no defending some of Mundine's opponants recently. I have no reason to doubt Balmain and Im not. His first hand input is greatly appreciated. But why shouldnt Mundine get attacked? Why shouldnt he be held to a high standard? I consider him a fighter of high standard at his best.
To just palm it off as all Khoder's doing just doesnt make any sense. Thats why I questioned the whole tone of balmain's intial post. At any time Choc can surely say "I dont want that guy" or cant he balmain?

I think the Green-RJJ fight showed if you take a punt and bring out a big name opponant you can still make good money..its riskier..its a greater outlay but the rewards are obviously good.
Some of the guys that Team Mundine or Khoder have made us pay to see him toy with have been a real slap in the face...I dont see why as a consumer that shouldnt be critcised to certain degree and why Mundine shouldnt take the main brunt of that.

Im a Mundine neutral...I think the blind hate some for him is even worse then the blind love some have.

I guess I just expected better of him...I had some belief he could really shake things up at the top against certain fighters.
Im a little surprised his own fans think so little of him.
WhataRock is online now  Top
Old 03-30-2010, 08:38 AM   #83
balmain
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

Dominator he intends spending some time in Vegas and LA. He will just relax for the first couple of weeks then hopefully do some training at the Wildcard gym before he comes home. We will start training together in early May. I would have gone only my wife has a problem with me not earning money. You know what they are all like.
balmain is offline  Top
Old 03-30-2010, 08:51 AM   #84
balmain
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

Whatarock I understand what you are saying and please believe me I am very careful in what I say. Everybody has an opinion in what they think of Chocs career. If I was his manager I would have done things differently than Khoder. And probably different to you and every one else. But he has the job and he wont be giving it up in the near future. And Choc isnt having any money problems.
balmain is offline  Top
Old 03-30-2010, 09:03 AM   #85
Hmmm
:P
ESB Addict

vCash: 1394

Quote:
Dont misunderstand my point teke...Its Khoder's job to go find the opponant, look at the figures and sort out the logistics. This is not something Im saying Choc has a lot of input with.

But to basically wash Mundine's hands of how his career pans out just doesnt cut it with me...He is a man who has choices, he is the face of the whole endevour, he is the one who will ultimately get scrutinized. He doesnt like copping shit when he fights the guys he does, do something about it.

Lets not forget who has a stake in Boxa Promotions.
Khoder is a slimeball and we all know it. Who knows how great Mundine may have been without Khoder....
Hmmm is offline  Top
Old 03-30-2010, 09:12 AM   #86
20a87
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 3071

Quote:

There is really no defending some of Mundine's opponants recently. I have no reason to doubt Balmain and Im not. His first hand input is greatly appreciated. But why shouldnt Mundine get attacked? Why shouldnt he be held to a high standard? I consider him a fighter of high standard at his best.
To just palm it off as all Khoder's doing just doesnt make any sense. Thats why I questioned the whole tone of balmain's intial post. At any time Choc can surely say "I dont want that guy" or cant he balmain?

I think the Green-RJJ fight showed if you take a punt and bring out a big name opponant you can still make good money..its riskier..its a greater outlay but the rewards are obviously good.
Some of the guys that Team Mundine or Khoder have made us pay to see him toy with have been a real slap in the face...I dont see why as a consumer that shouldnt be critcised to certain degree and why Mundine shouldnt take the main brunt of that.

Im a Mundine neutral...I think the blind hate some for him is even worse then the blind love some have.

I guess I just expected better of him...I had some belief he could really shake things up at the top against certain fighters.
We don't, we know he's the best

Quote:
Dominator he intends spending some time in Vegas and LA. He will just relax for the first couple of weeks then hopefully do some training at the Wildcard gym before he comes home. We will start training together in early May. I would have gone only my wife has a problem with me not earning money. You know what they are all like.
Fair enough vegas, especially the mayweather gym as their styles are similiar. But I don't see whats at the wildcard for him unless he can spar macklin?
20a87 is offline  Top
Old 03-30-2010, 09:14 AM   #87
balmain
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

IF is such a big word on this forum. IF Khoder wasnt his manager. IF Choc never opened his mouth. IF only he fought Green and Geal again. And my wifes favourite...... IF only I married someone handsome.
balmain is offline  Top
Old 03-30-2010, 11:01 AM   #88
teke
Titans Time !!!
East Side Guru

vCash: 2611

Quote:

Once again I understand all you pts.
teke is offline  Top
Old 03-30-2010, 02:24 PM   #89
JOSEY WALES
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:

Oh what could have been IF What a Rock was his manager and If Flash's face fitted earlier .
JOSEY WALES is offline  Top
Old 03-30-2010, 05:02 PM   #90
20a87
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 3071

The scene has a mention of the possible mundine - golovkin clash but also acknowledges golovkin's promotional dispute.
20a87 is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Australian Boxing Forum