Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum

Old 03-27-2010, 07:17 AM   #31
sidthehat
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 1000
Default Re: Magic Matt Hatton v Kell Brook

Isn't Brook's contract up with ****** this summer? Remember his manager's contract got extended by two years when he won the title (June 14). Could make the fight easier to happen. Though Hatton boxed better than I thought he could last night I see Brook winning easily.
sidthehat is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 03-27-2010, 07:44 AM   #32
cheekyvid
Detroit, I shall return.
ESB Addict

vCash: 4289

Let's have a look at their careers. Brook has 20something fights, mad matt has 40something(can't be arsed boxreccing) who has brook beaten??? Brit level at best. Matt has beaten ben tackie! That's a name. I think you'll all find that matt fought for a world title. Yes a world title. And didn't lose the fight either did he???? No! So that basically means he's a world champ. Floyd doesn't even hold a title I think! And he ducked matt. So that makes matt better than him. Your all haters, the mad matt hatton express is picking up steam, stopping in Sheffield to crush brook before crossing the Chunnel in search of continental dominance before the transatlantic trip. The wheels are turning and I'm shovellling the coal in. Mad matt hatton all the way.
cheekyvid is offline  Top
Old 03-27-2010, 07:48 AM   #33
richard mossley
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 1022

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan684 View Post
Dunky mate. You are right, Hatton is hated on here. I personally cannot stand him at all mate, and it's not due to the Tv, interviews living off his brothers name etc etc. I have met him twice and he definitely IS a cunt of the highest order.

I am not however letting that cloud my judgement. I think Brook has the beating of Matt Hatton if he had one of his arms removed.

I agree that Brook will win. As for Hatton, who cares if he is a nice bloke or not, do we have to keep repeating that you do not like him?
richard mossley is offline  Top
Old 03-27-2010, 07:58 AM   #34
Beeston Brawler
Comical Ali-egedly
East Side VIP

vCash: 75

I can only see one winner..... Brook - but it would be his best win to date, by some margin.
Beeston Brawler is offline  Top
Old 03-27-2010, 08:13 AM   #35
Chris84
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

vCash: 1086

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheekyvid View Post
Let's have a look at their careers. Brook has 20something fights, mad matt has 40something(can't be arsed boxreccing) who has brook beaten??? Brit level at best. Matt has beaten ben tackie! That's a name. I think you'll all find that matt fought for a world title. Yes a world title. And didn't lose the fight either did he???? No! So that basically means he's a world champ. Floyd doesn't even hold a title I think! And he ducked matt. So that makes matt better than him. Your all haters, the mad matt hatton express is picking up steam, stopping in Sheffield to crush brook before crossing the Chunnel in search of continental dominance before the transatlantic trip. The wheels are turning and I'm shovellling the coal in. Mad matt hatton all the way.
Ok mate!?

Back in the real world, Hatton would be a big step up for Brook. Tough one as Hatton is seasoned operator and Brook is still only a prospect IMO, Brook definatly has the ability to go further with his career (no disrespect to Hatton who's done really well for himself) but needs to start proving now at higher levels!

My money would be on Brook - Late KO
Chris84 is offline  Top
Old 03-27-2010, 08:21 AM   #36
icemax
Indian Red
East Side VIP

vCash: 664

Dunky is right, whatever we think about Mathew Hatton as a person or a fighter he has much more experience than Brook who has only been up to 7 rounds once...if Hatton can drag Brook into the second half of the fight who knows what will happen, under these circumstances it is naive to just blindly pick Brook who, like Hatton, has plenty of flaws to exploit.
icemax is offline  Top
Old 03-27-2010, 08:23 AM   #37
icemax
Indian Red
East Side VIP

Quote:
Matt has beaten ben tackie! That's a name.
The Tackie that MH beat was coming off the back of 4 straight defeats and hasn't won a fight since 2006, you could have stuck a fork in the man.
icemax is offline  Top
Old 03-27-2010, 08:28 AM   #38
cheekyvid
Detroit, I shall return.
ESB Addict

vCash: 4289

Quote:
Originally Posted by icemax View Post
The Tackie that MH beat was coming off the back of 4 straight defeats and hasn't won a fight since 2006, you could have stuck a fork in the man.
HOW DARE YOU!

next you'll be saying that he hadnt won a decent fight at that weight, is old and in fact had his only good days at LWW, almost a decade ago...
typical hater
cheekyvid is offline  Top
Old 03-27-2010, 08:30 AM   #39
icemax
Indian Red
East Side VIP

Quote:
HOW DARE YOU!

next you'll be saying that he hadnt won a decent fight at that weight, is old and in fact had his only good days at LWW, almost a decade ago...
typical hater
icemax is offline  Top
Old 03-27-2010, 09:11 AM   #40
StevenB
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

I would love to see that fight made just to see Hatton stretched out on the canvas, with Wicky at ringside spluttering on his Guiness.

He did what he had to do last night against a guy who was 40 and pretty much done. I love how all of a sudden the bloke is supposed to have dramatically improved. Seriously, he's beaten Ben Tackie who is about 60, hasn't won since 2006, drew with Ndou who's not exactly at the peak of his powers, got taken to school not long ago by Craig Watson (who no disrespect is not world class) and what else? He's an average domestic level fighter at best, the likes of which Brook has been knocking out for the last two years, which is why he hasn't gone beyond 7 rounds.

Brook is far from the finished article but he's far too quick and punches far too hard for Hatton. As someone said earlier, right hand would connect all night long. Matt would be in the pub, having a pint with Wicky with a sore head half an hour after walking in the ring with Brook.

Would love to see it but it ain't gonna happen

p.s the IBO title is only a world title if you are shit, which Matt Hatton most definitely is.
StevenB is offline  Top
Old 03-27-2010, 09:48 AM   #41
dublynflya
I agree!!!
ESB Addict

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris84 View Post
Ok mate!?

Back in the real world, Hatton would be a big step up for Brook. Tough one as Hatton is seasoned operator and Brook is still only a prospect IMO, Brook definatly has the ability to go further with his career (no disrespect to Hatton who's done really well for himself) but needs to start proving now at higher levels!

My money would be on Brook - Late KO
I think old CV was having a laugh Chris mate!

Quote:
HOW DARE YOU!

typical hater
dublynflya is offline  Top
Old 03-27-2010, 09:55 AM   #42
dublynflya
I agree!!!
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by TFFP View Post
You guys are insane. I'm not even convinced by Brook but he'd make a fool out of Hatton. He simply can not deal with handspeed, he's like his brother in that respect, albeit Ricky struggled with it far higher up in class.

This is the guy Craig Watson schooled not that long ago. He might have improved a little, but come on..not that much. He's essentially the same fighter.
x2!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Decy View Post
I would like to see Hatton in with Jennings an easy win for Micheal I think.
Aye Decy mate, Mick would win that fight comfortably imo!

And it is a fight that Michael (and Brian Hughes) have wanted for some time!!

I'm pleased M Hatton won (Even though I am not a fan!! He is British and that is another Euro title holder we have) but I would love to see Jennings-vs-M Hatton and I think it should be made, if for no other reason than it would enable Jennings (A truly great lad) to trouser a decent pay-day (He got shafted by Setanta when he fought Cotto) and were Michael to win the fight (Which I believe he would) it would put him on the road to another couple of good pay-days!!

Mick is getting on now (I'm sure he is 32, though I could be wrong) so a couple of good pay-days are what he should be looking at!!
dublynflya is offline  Top
Old 03-27-2010, 10:12 AM   #43
Jud
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TFFP View Post
You guys are insane. I'm not even convinced by Brook but he'd make a fool out of Hatton. He simply can not deal with handspeed, he's like his brother in that respect, albeit Ricky struggled with it far higher up in class.

This is the guy Craig Watson schooled not that long ago. He might have improved a little, but come on..not that much. He's essentially the same fighter.
Agreed. I don't think Hatton is elusive enough and he doesn't have the chin to prevent himself from being stopped.
Jud is offline  Top
Old 03-27-2010, 03:46 PM   #44
Tony Bellew
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Godfather View Post
Kell Brook KO 4

Inside 4 for me..
Tony Bellew is offline  Top