Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum

Old 03-26-2010, 08:32 PM   #1
faisal
Hoolios daddy
ESB Addict

vCash: 1167
Default so how did this clown end up beating Hall?

he beats hall who probrably has better pop and brings bettter pressure but ends up being 1 punch away from being layed out by a man with a 20% KO ratio to his name ANTHONY SMALL IS AN EMBARASSMENT AND SHOULD RETIRE FROM BOXING tonight he lived up to being a clown
faisal is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 03-26-2010, 08:35 PM   #2
king s
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 306
Default Re: so how the **** did this clown end up beating Hall?

Like some1 said in another thread small is his own worst enemy.
king s is offline  Top
Old 03-26-2010, 08:37 PM   #3
mryeags
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 75

Quote:
Originally Posted by king s View Post
Like some1 said in another thread small is his own worst enemy.
that would be me ....someone does read what i post
mryeags is offline  Top
Old 03-26-2010, 08:37 PM   #4
hitandhope
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 989

Quote:
Originally Posted by KO Artist View Post
he beats hall who probrably has better pop and brings bettter pressure but ends up being 1 punch away from being layed out by a man with a 20% KO ratio to his name ANTHONY SMALL IS AN EMBARASSMENT AND SHOULD RETIRE FROM BOXING tonight he lived up to being a clown
Small really did the business psychologically on Hall. May have beat him anyway of course.
hitandhope is offline  Top
Old 03-26-2010, 08:38 PM   #5
hagman1989
the boxing site , try it
ESB Addict

tonight he was awfull but he won in my eyes and i hate him aswell
hagman1989 is offline  Top
Old 03-26-2010, 08:40 PM   #6
TFFP
The Eskimo
East Side VIP

vCash: 2500

Hall got cut too, but didn't respond as well as Webb. Plus he tired a lot more and walked onto a couple of big punches. Simple as that.
TFFP is offline  Top
Old 03-26-2010, 09:33 PM   #7
KingCobra
IBF World Champion
ESB Addict

Yeah, Hall lost the plot. He doesnt own a scooter.
KingCobra is offline  Top
Old 03-26-2010, 09:45 PM   #8
Dan684
Dave's Stepdad
East Side Guru

I was chatting to Hall the other day. We was talking about Brian Hughes and that. I was saying that IMO the reason he lost that fight is because he got proper wound up and ended up chasing Small looking to 'Shut him up' so to speak. I also said I didn't think Hughes attitude (you could see he took a personal grudge against Small - A fact highlighted when he told him to **** off post fight, when Small had cut the antics out and was coming over to be serious with Hall and say unlucky) had helped. He said to be honest it wasn't really that at all. He said the training he had been doing was abysmal and that he was trying to cut the ring off the way he normally does but he was just genuinely spent. He said he was nowhere near fit enough for that fight. He's got a pretty decent test coming up on the Mitchell/Katsidis bill and he said that he's concentrating on that and solely that. He said once thats out of the way he was hoping that through a set of events (I.E. Rhodes wanting to vacate and the other lads in the top ten all being tied up) that he would be able to get Small in an eliminator or a full shot at the vacant EBU.

I would pick Hall to beat him handily next time, even though by all accounts he did genuinely win tonight
Dan684 is offline  Top
Old 03-26-2010, 09:51 PM   #9
Mandanda
SkillspayBills
East Side VIP

vCash: 1000

Small only really goes for kill when he sees man hurt or cut. He's not got the ability he thinks. Fair play to lad for trying them type punches but he looked awful tonight.

Hall didn't let his hands go on the inside he got there and stopped doing what he came to do...which actually links with what Dan says above...i can believe he was tired because when he got Small close he never let hands go with any intent.

We must remember as well that Small-Hall was close up and till the stoppage and Hall swung for fences once he saw his own blood...bad move.

Small cannot fight at a consistent pace..his style tries to keep fight at a slow pace where he can pose and posture but once you take him out of his comfort zone he's not got a lot to back up talk.
Mandanda is offline  Top
Old 03-26-2010, 10:32 PM   #10
Dunky McCafferty
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by KO Artist View Post

aaah you gotta love todays boxing fan. Any fighter with 2 losses should retire immediately...

Never mind the fact most here thought he did enough to win!

IMO Small is a flawed genius. If this guy can sort out the issues holding him back, he can have a top level career. Behind the bravado Im sure hes a smart guy who will take stock after this setback, so I wouldnt write him off just yet.
Dunky McCafferty is offline  Top
Old 03-26-2010, 10:37 PM   #11
Dunky McCafferty
Champion
East Side Guru

In fact, I would go as far to say that was a bad defeat for english boxing tonight. Webb's going nowhere, whereas Small has the tools to go very far if he sorts himself out.

So instead of everyone kicking him while hes down, the haters should be looking at the bigger picture.
Dunky McCafferty is offline  Top
Old 03-26-2010, 10:39 PM   #12
kosaros
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

vCash: 999

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan684 View Post
I was chatting to Hall the other day. We was talking about Brian Hughes and that. I was saying that IMO the reason he lost that fight is because he got proper wound up and ended up chasing Small looking to 'Shut him up' so to speak. I also said I didn't think Hughes attitude (you could see he took a personal grudge against Small - A fact highlighted when he told him to **** off post fight, when Small had cut the antics out and was coming over to be serious with Hall and say unlucky) had helped. He said to be honest it wasn't really that at all. He said the training he had been doing was abysmal and that he was trying to cut the ring off the way he normally does but he was just genuinely spent. He said he was nowhere near fit enough for that fight. He's got a pretty decent test coming up on the Mitchell/Katsidis bill and he said that he's concentrating on that and solely that. He said once thats out of the way he was hoping that through a set of events (I.E. Rhodes wanting to vacate and the other lads in the top ten all being tied up) that he would be able to get Small in an eliminator or a full shot at the vacant EBU.

I would pick Hall to beat him handily next time, even though by all accounts he did genuinely win tonight
Hall is fighting Vitu right?
kosaros is offline  Top
Old 03-26-2010, 11:00 PM   #13
Dan684
Dave's Stepdad
East Side Guru

Kos, yeah I think so pal
Dan684 is offline  Top
Old 03-26-2010, 11:04 PM   #14
LHL
Captain Freedom
East Side VIP

vCash: 2835

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dunky McCafferty View Post
aaah you gotta love todays boxing fan. Any fighter with 2 losses should retire immediately...

Never mind the fact most here thought he did enough to win!

IMO Small is a flawed genius. If this guy can sort out the issues holding him back, he can have a top level career. Behind the bravado Im sure hes a smart guy who will take stock after this setback, so I wouldnt write him off just yet.
I'm starting to agree with you way too much Dunky I'm starting to think this is a joke when people call for retirements. One loss never mind who its against results in retirement what happened to people making a living out of the sport.
LHL is offline  Top
Old 03-27-2010, 03:13 AM   #15
billy nelson
the fighting scots gym
East Side Guru

i think small underestimated webb at his cost and seen matthew hall has much more dangerous as he seem much more focuced in the hall fight
billy nelson is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum