Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum

Old 03-27-2010, 12:47 PM   #1
JonOli
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 75
Default "Bernard Hopkins v Roy Jones farce may tempt Joe Calzaghe back to ring"

"[Only registered and activated users can see links. ], who turned 38 this week, was adamant when he quit the ring unbeaten and wreathed in compliments just over a year ago that he would not be tempted back. Maybe he's having second thoughts.

He will watch the performances of his last two victims, Bernard Hopkins (45) and Roy Jones Jr (41), when they square off for one of the most pointless and delayed rematches in [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] history on Saturday week, and conclude that, if he needs the money – and who doesn't, as they say? – he could beat both of them comfortably second time around.

And he's right. Hopkins – still fit through years of dedication but hardly the great fighter he still thinks he is – and the shot-through Jones...

Hopkins, suffering from delusions of past grandeur, says he will knock Jones out (he will) and then challenge David Haye for the WBA world heavyweight title (he won't).

Calzaghe, meanwhile, has had time to rest his weary body after nearly 30 years of fighting, amateur and pro. He's got more life in him than Jones and Hopkins put together, and "the itch", as Ricky Hatton calls it, is still there for Joe.

While the break has proved physically beneficial, Joe has found life without gloves tougher than he had imagined.

As he waits on his money from Frank ******'s defunct Sports Network Ltd, Joe still has to earn a living.

Joe needs some focus in his life. For nearly 30 years, from a tot to a king, he found that inside the ropes. Like so many before him and so many to
come, that is the home that keeps calling."

Kevin Mithchel is chief sportswriter for OSM. He wrote War, Baby - The Gllamour and violence in 1999, and ghosted Fraank, the autobiography of Frank Bruno, in 2006.

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

I don't think there is anyway Joe will be coming back, find such speculation a little lazy for an article and really doubt that he'd come back for Hopkins or Jones. Cricky, can you imagine the fuss kicked up though on here if he came back for Jones (if Jones beat Bernard).

Personally I wouldn't be against Hopkins/Calzaghe 2, I enjoyed that fight (yes I know I'm the only one) though it's getting very late in the day now and obviously, Joe's all done and dusted.

Last edited by JonOli; 03-27-2010 at 01:15 PM.
JonOli is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 03-27-2010, 01:26 PM   #2
46and0
It's irrefutable.
ESB Addict

vCash: 165
Default Re: "Bernard Hopkins v Roy Jones farce may tempt Joe Calzaghe back to ring"

Shite article.
46and0 is offline  Top
Old 03-27-2010, 01:28 PM   #3
faisal
Hoolios daddy
ESB Addict

vCash: 1167
Default Re: "Bernard Hopkins v Roy Jones farce may tempt Joe Calzaghe back to ring"

the dirty cunt is too busy get giggy with his own sister to be worrying about coming back to boxing
faisal is offline  Top
Old 03-27-2010, 02:25 PM   #4
The_Real_Deal
Journeyman

vCash: 500

I'd love to see Hopkins Calzaghe 2 but I can't see him coming back, even though he seems a bit lost without boxing.
The_Real_Deal is offline  Top
Old 03-27-2010, 03:09 PM   #5
Mr. V.I.P.
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Welsh inbred has no place in boxing.
Mr. V.I.P. is offline  Top
Old 03-27-2010, 03:10 PM   #6
Beeston Brawler
Comical Ali-egedly
East Side VIP

Hopkins would beat him again.
Beeston Brawler is offline  Top
Old 03-27-2010, 03:28 PM   #7
Danny-boy
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

vCash: 7022

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beeston Brawler View Post

was i drunk when calzaghe was announced the winner?
Danny-boy is offline  Top
Old 03-27-2010, 04:27 PM   #8
Mr. V.I.P.
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danny-boy View Post

was i drunk when calzaghe was announced the winner?
One of the worst decisions in recent times. Hopkins boxed him to pieces.
Mr. V.I.P. is offline  Top
Old 03-27-2010, 04:29 PM   #9
Guy
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 1000

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. V.I.P. View Post
One of the worst decisions in recent times. Hopkins boxed him to pieces.

@boxed him to pieces
Guy is offline  Top
Old 03-27-2010, 04:34 PM   #10
cheekyvid
Detroit, I shall return.
ESB Addict

vCash: 4289

joe calzaghe is currently modelling clothes for "jacamo" - apparently an online clothes store. saw him today in the paper sporting some camo trousers, and he was interviewed in another paper last week. his colourful and bright personality really came to the fore
cheekyvid is offline  Top
Old 03-27-2010, 04:37 PM   #11
TFFP
The Eskimo
East Side VIP

vCash: 2500

What a ridiculous article. Thats not even worth the bandwidth it takes up. Completely based on the wonderfuly stupid musings of the journalist. Utter nonsense.
TFFP is offline  Top
Old 03-27-2010, 04:39 PM   #12
ScouseLad
Belt holder
ESB Addict

He's not going to come back, he's obsessed with his 0, he's not going to stay out of the ring for so long then come back and risk it.

He seems to be in the paper every week absolutely hammered in London with his bird. Good luck to him!
ScouseLad is offline  Top
Old 03-27-2010, 09:28 PM   #13
JonOli
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by TFFP View Post
What a ridiculous article. Thats not even worth the bandwidth it takes up. Completely based on the wonderfuly stupid musings of the journalist. Utter nonsense.
It's quite amazing what supposed professional journalist often spout, but I guess much of it is to simply get attention, and in a limp way, I guess it worked, as it got some here.

The artical is a load of tripe though, I agree.
JonOli is offline  Top
Old 03-27-2010, 09:29 PM   #14
JonOli
Champion
East Side Guru

Having said that, maybe today's NOTW revelations were knocking around the scene, when it was written...
JonOli is offline  Top
Old 03-27-2010, 09:34 PM   #15
Will
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beeston Brawler View Post
Will is online now  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum