boxing

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum


Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 10-07-2009, 12:59 AM   #1
Boom_Boom
R.I.P Boxing 6/9/12
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Where the sun spends the winter.
Posts: 19,132
vCash: 75
Default I dont understand Floyd's reasoning of fighting the guys he does.

Floyd said in a pre-conference for the JMM fight, that hes not fighting Pacman because he never called him out and anyone else that wanted to fight him by using the excuse Hatton and JMM called him out so they got the fight.

Hatton said

"We seen more action in these 4 rounds than in all of Mayweather's career"

JMM said

"We decided to move up to up in weight and fight Mayweather"

Does that sound like guys calling out Floyd to you all?

But then you get fighters like Margarito and Mosley going out of their way to tell Floyd in front of his face that they want the fight.

BORKED

BORKED

Floyd is telling these guys to keep winning and they'll meet on later in the ring for a big fight, what Floyd is really telling these other threats is to destroy each other while he takes on the easy fights while waiting and fight the winner when he looks weak/war torn. Hes currently doing it with Pac/Cotto right now, and doesnt want Mosley since he looked fresh against Margo.

The fact is you dont get the fight if you call out Floyd, you get the fight if you have PPV value and dont seem like much of a threat. I expect Mayweather to stall negotiations with the winner of Pac/Cotto until early December, then try to fight Khan in the UK, on the premises that its a tune-up for Mosley and because he promised the UK fans he would fight there once after the Hatton fight.
Boom_Boom is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2009, 01:06 AM   #2
Lance_Uppercut
ESKIMO
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Alaska
Posts: 26,025
vCash: 1000
Default Re: I dont understand Floyd's reasoning of fighting the guys he does.

This has been said a million times. He uses excuses NOT to fight certain guys to his advantage, whether it's saying they aren't big enough a name, have too many losses, don't deserve a fight, nor he already tried. And since he doesn't get called out on that enough or has enough ass kissers who already think he'll beat them, he doesn't need to. He's wasting greatness on protecting a "0". Too bad in the end people care more about fighting the best then they do about being undefeated. Floyd seems to think being undefeated is all he needs to do. Kinda sad how his ego and constantly being defensive has warped his sense of reality.
Lance_Uppercut is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2009, 01:09 AM   #3
Boom_Boom
R.I.P Boxing 6/9/12
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Where the sun spends the winter.
Posts: 19,132
vCash: 75
Default Re: I dont understand Floyd's reasoning of fighting the guys he does.

Every guy FLoyd at 147 was practically suppose to be a tune-up for something big, the only one legitimate fight on his resume above 150 is DLH at 140. Who is suppose to be his defining win at welter weight....Carlos Baldomir?
Boom_Boom is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links


Old 10-07-2009, 01:14 AM   #4
Boom_Boom
R.I.P Boxing 6/9/12
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Where the sun spends the winter.
Posts: 19,132
vCash: 75
Default Re: I dont understand Floyd's reasoning of fighting the guys he does.

Quote:
Originally Posted by withoutthee88 View Post
LOL, Floyd JMM is a mismatch, but Floyd Plasterito is not huh?

Forget the fact that Margarito has spent his entire career at 147 to 154 while Floyd started at 126.

But yeah, I forgot, size only matters when Floyd is the bigger man.

Horrible logic, Floyd is claiming to be the king of a division but doesnt have to fight guys that have been there for their entire career?
Boom_Boom is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2009, 01:14 AM   #5
Lance_Uppercut
ESKIMO
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Alaska
Posts: 26,025
vCash: 1000
Default Re: I dont understand Floyd's reasoning of fighting the guys he does.

Quote:
Originally Posted by withoutthee88 View Post
LOL, Floyd JMM is a mismatch, but Floyd Plasterito is not huh?

Forget the fact that Margarito has spent his entire career at 147 to 154 while Floyd started at 126.

But yeah, I forgot, size only matters when Floyd is the bigger man.
Nice attempt at a point. Fail though. Floyd moved up to WW over many years. And Floyd was never a FW as a pro.
Lance_Uppercut is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2009, 01:33 AM   #6
Babality
KTFO!!!!!!!
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Outer Heaven
Posts: 7,699
vCash: 75
Default Re: I dont understand Floyd's reasoning of fighting the guys he does.

Typical argument from a Floyd nuthugger. "Floyd does not need to fight X fighter cause he will beat him so it's a useless fight, there's no point" . Not for JMM though huh?
Babality is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2009, 01:39 AM   #7
WAYKURAT
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 388
vCash: 1000
Default Re: I dont understand Floyd's reasoning of fighting the guys he does.

selecting opponent is part of floyd's defense...that makes him the greatest defensive boxer of all time
WAYKURAT is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2009, 01:45 AM   #8
darryl1914
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Los Angeles, California
Posts: 4,124
vCash: 1000
Default Re: I dont understand Floyd's reasoning of fighting the guys he does.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boom_Boom View Post
Floyd said in a pre-conference for the JMM fight, that hes not fighting Pacman because he never called him out and anyone else that wanted to fight him by using the excuse Hatton and JMM called him out so they got the fight.

Hatton said

"We seen more action in these 4 rounds than in all of Mayweather's career"

JMM said

"We decided to move up to up in weight and fight Mayweather"

Does that sound like guys calling out Floyd to you all?

But then you get fighters like Margarito and Mosley going out of their way to tell Floyd in front of his face that they want the fight.

BORKED

BORKED

Floyd is telling these guys to keep winning and they'll meet on later in the ring for a big fight, what Floyd is really telling these other threats is to destroy each other while he takes on the easy fights while waiting and fight the winner when he looks weak/war torn. Hes currently doing it with Pac/Cotto right now, and doesnt want Mosley since he looked fresh against Margo.

The fact is you dont get the fight if you call out Floyd, you get the fight if you have PPV value and dont seem like much of a threat. I expect Mayweather to stall negotiations with the winner of Pac/Cotto until early December, then try to fight Khan in the UK, on the premises that its a tune-up for Mosley and because he promised the UK fans he would fight there once after the Hatton fight.
Another ORIGINAL THREAD about Floyd Mayweather.
darryl1914 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2009, 01:57 AM   #9
latineg
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Toronto
Posts: 1,509
vCash: 1000
Default Re: I dont understand Floyd's reasoning of fighting the guys he does.

i thought you said you didnt understand his reasoning
latineg is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2009, 02:00 AM   #10
Lance_Uppercut
ESKIMO
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Alaska
Posts: 26,025
vCash: 1000
Default Re: I dont understand Floyd's reasoning of fighting the guys he does.

Quote:
Originally Posted by darryl1914 View Post
Another ORIGINAL THREAD about Floyd Mayweather.
Nice counter.
Lance_Uppercut is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2009, 02:01 AM   #11
Leonard
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 3,104
vCash: 1147
Default Re: I dont understand Floyd's reasoning of fighting the guys he does.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WAYKURAT View Post
selecting opponent is part of floyd's defense...that makes him the greatest defensive boxer of all time
Haha
Leonard is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2009, 02:02 AM   #12
Boom_Boom
R.I.P Boxing 6/9/12
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Where the sun spends the winter.
Posts: 19,132
vCash: 75
Default Re: I dont understand Floyd's reasoning of fighting the guys he does.

Quote:
Originally Posted by latineg View Post
i thought you said you didnt understand his reasoning

I dont, the way he chooses who he fights from his own words and whom he acutally fights doenst make any sense.

Are the Joyboys going to back up floyd's gospel as fact or use it as a smart lying strategic business ploy.
Boom_Boom is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2009, 02:06 AM   #13
Farmboxer
ESB Junkie
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: USA
Posts: 37,277
vCash: 1000
Default Re: I dont understand Floyd's reasoning of fighting the guys he does.

Void is still running from Cotto, Margarito, Mosley, Pac and anyone else who can fight. Void is void. A fake hero.
Farmboxer is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2009, 02:08 AM   #14
latineg
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Toronto
Posts: 1,509
vCash: 1000
Default Re: I dont understand Floyd's reasoning of fighting the guys he does.

Quote:
Originally Posted by withoutthee88 View Post
LOL, Floyd JMM is a mismatch, but Floyd Plasterito is not huh?

Forget the fact that Margarito has spent his entire career at 147 to 154 while Floyd started at 126.

But yeah, I forgot, size only matters when Floyd is the bigger man.
you seem to forget an awful lot of things

are you saying that you think margarito and floyd is a mismatch or a close fight ?

you have a point why hide it

or did you forget it
latineg is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2009, 02:11 AM   #15
Farmboxer
ESB Junkie
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: USA
Posts: 37,277
vCash: 1000
Default Re: I dont understand Floyd's reasoning of fighting the guys he does.

Void is void.
Farmboxer is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Reply

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump






All times are GMT -4. The time now is 04:25 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Boxing News 24 Forum 2015