Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum

Old 03-28-2010, 10:21 PM   #1
JoeAverage
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 1000
Default Summary of what went wrong in the Dirrell-Abraham fight

Several things went wrong, but this imo. is the main issue:

IF a fighter says he is hit low and stops fighting (because he really is hurt by a low punch, or because he feels pressured) THEN the referee should either deduct a point or allow the other fighter to continue.

IF a fighter touches the ground and stops fighting (because he is hurt by a punch, because he cannot handle the pressure, or because he lacks balance) THEN the referee should either deduct a point or allow the other fighter to continue.

The ref did the first: He allowed Dirrell to fight no matter how hurt Abraham was from low blows.

The ref DID NOT do the second: He did NOT take a point from Dirrell from throwing himself down, and he also did NOT allow Abraham to continue.

This is a problem.

Imagine. Just imagine this carefully....

Imagine that Abraham bends over and grimasses in pain from a low blow while he lifts his hand to the ref. His legs are stunned and his focus gone. Now imagine that Dirrell manages to knock him out clean a split second later................... .. . . . . . . .....?!?!

Would Lawrence Cole DQ Dirrell now?

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

So, Dirrell can control when Abraham can throw and minimize Abraham's pressure - without being punished. He just throws himself on the ground. The ref protects him and allows him to do this.

But Abraham cannot control when Dirrell can pressure him... The Ref did not allow Abraham to do this.
JoeAverage is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 03-28-2010, 10:23 PM   #2
Atlanta
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 528
Default Re: Summary of what went wrong in the Dirrell-Abraham fight

This is past pathetic.
Atlanta is offline  Top
Old 03-28-2010, 10:24 PM   #3
BigReg
Broad Street Bully
East Side VIP

vCash: 75

What the hell are you talking about? Go review the rules. You are not allowed to hit a guy who is on the canvas.
BigReg is offline  Top
Old 03-28-2010, 10:24 PM   #4
Motor City Sam
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Wow. Just...wow.
Motor City Sam is offline  Top
Old 03-28-2010, 10:26 PM   #5
pngo
#1Contender
ESB Addict

vCash: 600

Just look at his avatar, he hates Dirrell. Must be because he made AA and Froch look like amateurs.
pngo is offline  Top
Old 03-28-2010, 10:27 PM   #6
Diggersan
Belt holder
ESB Addict

**** reviewing the rules, this got should watch the fight again, apparently he wasn't watching the same thing we were, he slipped on the shower of water that was dumbed in AA's corner between rounds and that damn sticker ads.
Diggersan is offline  Top
Old 03-28-2010, 10:27 PM   #7
conraddobler
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 1847

Quote:
Originally Posted by ADRIAN KIT View Post
The guy must be drunk, 1 thing for sure the ref was lame..
JoeAvergae is clearly of less than average intelligence.
conraddobler is offline  Top
Old 03-28-2010, 10:34 PM   #8
JoeAverage
Champion
East Side Guru

Ok, I should not have posted this while only Americans are awake... my fault for thinking there would still be some impartiality.

Of course you are not allowed to hit someone when down, BUT Dirrell should not be allowed to get out of pressure by throwing himself on the ground repeatedly like he also did in the Froch fight.

And - I bet a lot of money on Dirrell so I am happy to see him win. I am just not happy with the corrupt way it all happened.
Old 03-28-2010, 10:35 PM   #9
MichiganWarrior
Still Slick! Still Black!
East Side VIP

vCash: 571

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeAverage View Post
Ok, I should not have posted this while only Americans are awake... my fault for thinking there would still be some impartiality.

Of course you are not allowed to hit someone when down, BUT Dirrell should not be allowed to get out of pressure by throwing himself on the ground repeatedly like he also did in the Froch fight.

And - I bet a lot of money on Dirrell so I am happy to see him win. I am just not happy with the corrupt way it all happened.
Yes its always corrupt when an American schools a European. We get it.
MichiganWarrior is offline  Top
Old 03-28-2010, 10:43 PM   #10
BigReg
Broad Street Bully
East Side VIP

Quote:

Man, you said you were reviewing what went wrong in the Dirrell-Abraham fight. When the hell did Dirrell throw himself on the ground against Abraham? If a fighter goes down on purpose, the rules state that it's a KD.
BigReg is offline  Top
Old 03-28-2010, 10:48 PM   #11
conraddobler
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:

You bet on Dirrell but you also have apparently gone to some effort to affix a headshot of Andre on to the body of -- who -- Carl Lewis?

JoeAverage, come on.
Old 03-28-2010, 10:59 PM   #12
JoeAverage
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by MichiganWarrior View Post
Hmmm..... yeah right....
Quote:
Originally Posted by MichiganWarrior View Post
Hmmm..... yeah right....

Sad that some Americans just cannot see the obvious corruption in that fight.

I will not waste more time on this.

I bet a lot of money on Dirrell, and I predicted in here that he would win. I enjoyed the first 8-9 rounds. Dirrell fought better than ever before - and it was a joy to see.

Because of his obvious skill and very likable personality - seeing the obviously corrupt referee in action as Abraham upped the pressure was all the more sad.

Further I think that Andre was disgusted himself by where things were going. He saw how he was protected and Arthur stopped every time he chose to stop the fight by falling down, while the ref did not stop the fight when Abraham was hurt from low blows. He saw how the ref did not call an obvious KD in round 10, and so on.

I believe that he was not acting. And I believe he though he had been legitamitely floored by Abraham and that they had just continued the ugly corrupt game and were now taking a legit win from Abraham. And it was nice to see that he wanted no part of the corruption and kept saying "NO! I was KOed - let me have the microphpone and tell it how it is."

I respect Dirrell for this, but words are not enough to express the contempt I have for his corrupt manager and the referee.

By the way, Ward was fully in on his plan to "use all your energy in the first rounds and then have the fight stopped on cuts after round 4". Kessler wanted to economize while Ward knew he only had to go 6-7 rounds. It went longer because he got extra energy from his success but in the 10th he was starting to feel tired. Anyway - the point is that Ward was fully in on the ugly, while I am convinced that Dirrell was not.
Old 03-28-2010, 11:02 PM   #13
conraddobler
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Hmmm..... yeah right....

Hmmm..... yeah right....

Sad that some Americans just cannot see the obvious corruption in that fight.

I will not waste more time on this.

I bet a lot of money on Dirrell, and I predicted in here that he would win. I enjoyed the first 8-9 rounds. Dirrell fought better than ever before - and it was a joy to see.

Because of his obvious skill and very likable personality - seeing the obviously corrupt referee in action as Abraham upped the pressure was all the more sad.

Further I think that Andre was disgusted himself by where things were going. He saw how he was protected and Arthur stopped every time he chose to stop the fight by falling down, while the ref did not stop the fight when Abraham was hurt from low blows. He saw how the ref did not call an obvious KD in round 10, and so on.

I believe that he was not acting. And I believe he though he had been legitamitely floored by Abraham and that they had just continued the ugly corrupt game and were now taking a legit win from Abraham. And it was nice to see that he wanted no part of the corruption and kept saying "NO! I was KOed - let me have the microphpone and tell it how it is."

I respect Dirrell for this, but words are not enough to express the contempt I have for his corrupt manager and the referee.

By the way, Ward was fully in on his plan to "use all your energy in the first rounds and then have the fight stopped on cuts after round 4". Kessler wanted to economize while Ward knew he only had to go 6-7 rounds. It went longer because he got extra energy from his success but in the 10th he was starting to feel tired. Anyway - the point is that Ward was fully in on the ugly, while I am convinced that Dirrell was not.
Joe, you seem to have in mind some sort of a conspiracy theory. I'm not really following it, frankly. It seems a tad incoherent. Work on it for awhile and then come back and start a new thread. Try and make sure you're making a small amount of sense first, however.
Old 03-28-2010, 11:07 PM   #14
Exposed
*** East Side VIP ****
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 14558

You should have seen this guy post during the Ward-Kessler round by round. He basically had the fight even
Exposed is offline  Top
Old 03-28-2010, 11:14 PM   #15
JoeAverage
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by conraddobler View Post
Joe, you seem to have in mind some sort of a conspiracy theory. I'm not really following it, frankly. It seems a tad incoherent. Work on it for awhile and then come back and start a new thread. Try and make sure you're making a small amount of sense first, however.
Do YOU think the fight was fair and the referee was impartial?

Please answer a clear YES or NO, and then you may elaborate.

Btw. amazing to see how defensive you and some other Americans get....

I wanted Dirrell to win and I really am a fan of him like he boxed for 8 round yesterday. And in terms of personality, he is more liable than Abraham imo.

Even in the ring - Dirrell was less dirty than Abraham, who at least once tried to punch Andre in the back of the head.

However, the people surrounding Andre Dirrell ...................

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum