Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum

Old 03-28-2010, 02:09 AM   #1
JonOli
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 75
Default Does Froch's resume look any better today?

Does Froch's resume look any better today?

What do you think?
JonOli is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 03-28-2010, 02:13 AM   #2
LocoRoco
★★★★★
ESB Addict

Default Re: Does Froch's resume look any better today?

not really, if dirrel had not have been so wary of froch he would be world champion now, and i beleive if they fought each other next andre would dominate him
LocoRoco is offline  Top
Old 03-28-2010, 02:19 AM   #3
Mr. V.I.P.
Belt holder
ESB Addict

No. Kessler is nowhere near as good a fight as it would have been pre ward and dirrell beats him in a rematch.
Mr. V.I.P. is offline  Top
Old 03-28-2010, 02:30 AM   #4
Dan684
Dave's Stepdad
East Side Guru

Yeah I think so. People are very quick to dismiss it as an off night for Dirrell and a night which he never came to win. Froch is an awkward and ugly fighter however the very fact that Dirrell was so wary speaks volumes IMO. I'm not saying necessarily that Froch would beat him again if they met but Dirrell didn't really wanna know in their fight (for one reason or another)

Froch isn't the greatest fighter in the tournament by any stretch of the imagination but he will do everything he can to take a fight to someone and half of his makeup is the fact that his arrogance and self belief drive him on in a way that you don't see normally.

I like Froch and I think he'll be pretty pleased with himself this morning and will fancy his chances a bit more too. Like I mentioned before, the way he thinks, now he think that he is better than Dirrell and Abraham. Strong willed ****er he is
Dan684 is offline  Top
Old 03-28-2010, 02:36 AM   #5
China_hand_Joe
Nostradamus
ESB Addict

vCash: 563

I'm not betting on Kessler now, that much I know, certainly not too much anyway.

Looking forwards to a fight much more though.
China_hand_Joe is offline  Top
Old 03-28-2010, 02:38 AM   #6
Mr. V.I.P.
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Yeah no bet for me Kessler Froch. Both limited but should be a nice tear up.
Mr. V.I.P. is offline  Top
Old 03-28-2010, 03:52 AM   #7
KingCobra
IBF World Champion
ESB Addict

It certainly does. There will be comments now that if Dirrell had turned up to fight Froch he would've won, but those same people say that Froch has been "lucky". Well he has been damn lucky then hasn't he to remain undefeated in his career having faced three top drawer fighters in a row. I think that Abraham and Froch posed completely different types of risk and required entirely different approaches. The approach against Froch failed (just) and that against Abraham paid off. I still believe that Froch can win the Super Six and I wouldn't be at all surprised if this happens.

Seems to me that some on this forum are too quick to dismiss Frochs attributes which are toughness, awkwardness, stamina and massive confidence / self-belief but to me those are some of the most important qualities in the game. Froch has a great trainer in McCracken too. I also think that Frochs defence was much improved in the Dirrell fight (although not without its lapses) and in retrospect, Dirrell was much tougher to pin down (and cut off the ring against) than was considered to be the case immediately after the fight.

Dirrell has certainly gone up in my estimation this morning too. Whether he was as injured as he appeared by the punch while he was down or not, the fact is that this is an illegal shot which will result in a DQ. In Dirrells home town, AA should have known better - to state the obvious - Detroit isn't Germany! Froch managed to hold back several times from punching Dirrell on the floor and Froch had more chance of getting away with it in Nottingham than AA did in Detroit.

I'm glad I stuck 1000 vcash on Dirrell, I wish i'd bet the full 2000 now (or even better real cash!)

Looking foward to the Kessler fight in a months time immensely now. I know where my cash, both virtual and real will be going.
KingCobra is offline  Top
Old 03-28-2010, 04:24 AM   #8
DOM5153
They Cannot Run Forever
East Side Guru

vCash: 7562

not for me, i had Dirrel winning the fight, it wout be a little hypocritical
DOM5153 is offline  Top
Old 03-28-2010, 04:28 AM   #9
jdawg
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 500

Hindsights a beauty and you can say if dirrell fought like that against Froch the result would be different but imo Dirrell was intimidated by bein in an English ring against a world class champ who roughed him up. Last night showed the organisers were right in including Dirrell and that AA's peek-a-boo defense is penetrable.

The run Froch has been on has been seriously down-played in some circles. He out fought a seriously tough guy in now WBC champ Pascal, pulled out a massive WOW moment i'll never forget in the last round comeback KO of Taylor and dragged a clever slickster in Dirrell into a down-right dirty scrap, negating the formers strengths. I think his resume was perfectly fine before last night and probably just a touch better now as some people will realise he beat a very tidy operator
jdawg is offline  Top
Old 03-28-2010, 04:53 AM   #10
alfonso
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

vCash: 1000

perfectly said - plus he next best couple of wins are pretty tidy aswell
alfonso is offline  Top
Old 03-28-2010, 05:46 AM   #11
rooq
East Side Guru

i don't know. maybe dirrell fought differently against abraham due to the huge reach advantage.

dirrell - ward could be interesting
rooq is offline  Top
Old 03-28-2010, 05:55 AM   #12
The_Real_Deal
Journeyman

vCash: 500

Yes it looks good for Froch. It's all about styles though, I think Abraham would annihilate Froch.
The_Real_Deal is offline  Top
Old 03-28-2010, 05:58 AM   #13
scurlaruntings
ESB 2002 Club
East Side VIP

How does this kind of maths work? Dirrel owns Abraham and somehow that makes Froch's resume better?!?!?!?
scurlaruntings is offline  Top
Old 03-28-2010, 06:22 AM   #14
wrimc
Champion
East Side Guru

Well yes people saying that if Dirrell fought that fight against Froch he would have won by a mile are wrong. Froch did not let him fight like that. It was a messy affair but that was what it took to nullify Dirrells advantages. Arthur couldnt cut off the ring, rough him up or throw enough punches to stop Dirrell getting into a rythm which Froch did perfectly
wrimc is offline  Top
Old 03-28-2010, 07:17 AM   #15
toffeejack
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Last night's fight has no impact on Froch's resume whatsoever.
toffeejack is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum