Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum

Old 03-28-2010, 01:47 PM   #31
Will
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 75
Default Re: Does Froch's resume look any better today?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdawg View Post
Hindsights a beauty and you can say if dirrell fought like that against Froch the result would be different but imo Dirrell was intimidated by bein in an English ring against a world class champ who roughed him up. Last night showed the organisers were right in including Dirrell and that AA's peek-a-boo defense is penetrable.

The run Froch has been on has been seriously down-played in some circles. He out fought a seriously tough guy in now WBC champ Pascal, pulled out a massive WOW moment i'll never forget in the last round comeback KO of Taylor and dragged a clever slickster in Dirrell into a down-right dirty scrap, negating the formers strengths. I think his resume was perfectly fine before last night and probably just a touch better now as some people will realise he beat a very tidy operator
I don't buy the whole 'if andre had opened up more against Froch he would have won' reasoning. If he had opened up more it would have given Carl more chances to catch him. Dirrell knew this and that is the reason why he 'faught' the way he did.

In lasts nights fight dirrell was as impressive as AA was unimpressive. But from the 9th Dirrell started to look tired and AA was starting to corner and catch him. The knockdown was blatent and the ref was dodgy to say the least. The timings of calling the doctor over were interesting. I felt that AA was starting to get the upper hand but in no way am I suggesting he would have got the KO. Who knows!!!
Will is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 03-28-2010, 01:58 PM   #32
thewinfella
The Golden Boy
East Side Guru

I dont think so , i think Dirrell was very well matched up with AA stylistically and thats beauty of the S6 , a lot of different style's , fighters etc etc .

Actually from the start i only really gave AA a chance against Taylor & Froch looking at the others i dont give him much of a chance TBH , that said ive seen nothing of Green so maybe him aside .

I think the way AA blitzed Taylor put him up on a bit of a false pedestal , he has that typical flat footed upright Euro style and its not well suited to the American fighters and maybe Kessler included although Kessler fights in a similar manner i beleive he has more in his locker than Abraham & Froch .
thewinfella is offline  Top
Old 03-28-2010, 02:05 PM   #33
The Blackout
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 350

Quote:
Originally Posted by thewinfella View Post
I dont think so , i think Dirrell was very well matched up with AA stylistically and thats beauty of the S6 , a lot of different style's , fighters etc etc .

Actually from the start i only really gave AA a chance against Taylor & Froch looking at the others i dont give him much of a chance TBH , that said ive seen nothing of Green so maybe him aside .

I think the way AA blitzed Taylor put him up on a bit of a false pedestal , he has that typical flat footed upright Euro style and its not well suited to the American fighters and maybe Kessler included although Kessler fights in a similar manner i beleive he has more in his locker than Abraham & Froch .

To be honest though, I thought Abraham was starting to really pile the pressure on Dirrell before the disqualification. He had floored him the round previously and Dirrell was not looking comfortable at all. I think he was running on empty, whereas Abraham still looked strong.

It's a shame we never got to see the final round because i think there was every chance AA could have got Dirrell out of there.
The Blackout is offline  Top
Old 03-28-2010, 02:19 PM   #34
Will
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Blackout View Post
To be honest though, I thought Abraham was starting to really pile the pressure on Dirrell before the disqualification. He had floored him the round previously and Dirrell was not looking comfortable at all. I think he was running on empty, whereas Abraham still looked strong.

It's a shame we never got to see the final round because i think there was every chance AA could have got Dirrell out of there.
Kind of how I saw it. Dirrell was definately looking tired and he was leaning back on the ropes with his chin in the air.
Will is offline  Top
Old 03-28-2010, 04:02 PM   #35
achillesthegreat
FORTUNE FAVOURS THE BRAVE
East Side VIP

vCash: 1000

It does. Tough fights with Pascal and Dirrel. Both could be called undefeated and unproven. Both have now shown they do have some class about them.
achillesthegreat is offline  Top
Old 03-28-2010, 04:08 PM   #36
trotter
Belt holder
ESB Addict

yep, of course it does
trotter is offline  Top
Old 03-28-2010, 04:48 PM   #37
faisal
Hoolios daddy
ESB Addict

vCash: 1167

he didnt win the fight convincingly so no it doesnt
faisal is offline  Top
Old 03-28-2010, 04:53 PM   #38
Cobbler
Shoemaker To The Stars
East Side Guru

Location: I don't have a small head. I have posted other pictures on here that prove I don't have a small head
vCash: 1088

Quote:
Originally Posted by KO Artist View Post
he didnt win the fight convincingly so no it doesnt
Surely you already took the fact that he didn't win the fight convincingly into account when assessing it five months ago. Or did you only just notice?
Cobbler is offline  Top
Old 04-02-2010, 08:25 PM   #39
BoxingFanNo1
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 2650

Quote:
Originally Posted by scurlaruntings View Post
How does this kind of maths work? Dirrel owns Abraham and somehow that makes Froch's resume better?!?!?!?
??

Of course it's bloody important, depending on what Dirrell does from here.

What the oppositions record holds adds to a fighters ranking, that's common sense.

Tell me this, would Alis win over Foreman be as impressive if Foreman didn't beat Frazier or Norton?

Are you suggesting this would have no bearing on where people rate Ali in the ATG HW rankings?

What is on a defeated fighters resume is important, period.
BoxingFanNo1 is offline  Top
Old 04-02-2010, 08:28 PM   #40
kosaros
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

vCash: 999

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taco Bill View Post
Froch needs to avoid Vanes MARTIROSYAN and DeGale.
I know, he needs to stay in the Super 6 as long as possible so he can avoid the likes of 'Chunky' and a light-middleweight.
kosaros is offline  Top
Old 04-02-2010, 08:53 PM   #41
AndrewFFC
Contender
ESB Senior Member

I couldnt be arsed reading any of this thread when I saw the word 'resume' in the title.
AndrewFFC is offline  Top
Old 04-02-2010, 08:54 PM   #42
JonOli
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndrewFFC View Post
I couldnt be arsed reading any of this thread when I saw the word 'resume' in the title.

Calm down.

Record if you like... or even CV.
JonOli is offline  Top
Old 04-02-2010, 08:58 PM   #43
JonOli
Champion
East Side Guru

Mike Costello referred to it as resume ("resumay") on BBC boxing tonight.
JonOli is offline  Top
Old 04-03-2010, 02:43 AM   #44
antcull
Champion
East Side Guru

Pascal
Taylor
Dirrell
Kessler
Abraham

Its a pretty incredible list of fighters you have to face to win your title and next 4 defences, he certainly is building a very very sound record indeed, and hes still only had 26 fights. All the time things are written about fighters not stepping up and fighting the best....I think when fighters do fight the best the respect they deserve should be afforded to them.

So yes, Frochs record is looking great at the moment Lets hope he wins another 4 more fights and he can make his record incredible! (he wont do this, but I hope)
antcull is offline  Top
Old 04-03-2010, 02:59 AM   #45
Dan684
Dave's Stepdad
East Side Guru

Why do people act like such dicks over the word 'resume' ? Its not like its a made up word. So it isn't exactly gramatically correct but everybody knows what it means and saying record means that the 'outcome' of such fights are now to be included in outcome of the conversation.

I know Gaz doesn't like the word but at least he doesn't act like a little bitch everytime it's brought up !
Dan684 is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum