Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum

Old 03-28-2010, 08:48 AM   #1
wrimc
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 1000
Default AA vs AD THE FACTS!

Right im sick of some of the crazy opinions on ehre so here are the facts from last night
AD was clearly outboxing AA last night, AA was knocked down, AD WAS knocked down, AD did go to ground a number of times unnecassarily throughout the fight. AA was beggining to put some shots together. AA punch WAS NOT intentional, more instinct than maliciousness watch it in real time, though AD's contionuing dominance and KD not ruled a KD and the going to ground were clearly angering AA. AD DID NOT fake the KO, again watch in real time the "delay" is not apparent in real time and gives you a perspective on the amount of time he would have had to "decide" to go down. AA deserved a DQ but i do beleive that with AA having more success in the round leading up to and including the DQ, he probably had a 30% chance of a KO.

Anything else is bias, bigotry or downright ignorance
wrimc is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 03-28-2010, 08:53 AM   #2
TheUzi
MISSION INCOMPLETE
ESB Addict

vCash: 315
Default Re: AA vs AD THE FACTS!

Well if the thread title's in capitals it's contents must be true.
TheUzi is offline  Top
Old 03-28-2010, 08:54 AM   #3
LP_1985
JMM beat Pac-Man 3 Times
East Side VIP

Location: Vicente Carrillo Fuentes Organization HQ, Home of Team Mexico
vCash: 75

Quote:
Originally Posted by wrimc View Post
Right im sick of some of the crazy opinions on ehre so here are the facts from last night
AD was clearly outboxing AA last night, AA was knocked down, AD WAS knocked down, AD did go to ground a number of times unnecassarily throughout the fight. AA was beggining to put some shots together. AA punch WAS NOT intentional, more instinct than maliciousness watch it in real time, though AD's contionuing dominance and KD not ruled a KD and the going to ground were clearly angering AA. AD DID NOT fake the KO, again watch in real time the "delay" is not apparent in real time and gives you a perspective on the amount of time he would have had to "decide" to go down. AA deserved a DQ but i do beleive that with AA having more success in the round leading up to and including the DQ, he probably had a 30% chance of a KO.

Anything else is bias, bigotry or downright ignorance
wow.

aint seen fight yet gona buy it in abit and watch
LP_1985 is offline  Top
Old 03-28-2010, 08:55 AM   #4
GazOC
Guest Star for Team Taff
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheUzi View Post
Well if the thread title's in capitals it's contents must be true.
Certainly convinced me.
GazOC is offline  Top
Old 03-28-2010, 08:58 AM   #5
Claypole
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 922

These are largely opinions, there's no way anybody but Dirrell could know if he was faking or not. I'm not saying he was, but the delay was clearly evident in real time.
Claypole is offline  Top
Old 03-28-2010, 09:02 AM   #6
cheekyvid
Detroit, I shall return.
ESB Addict

vCash: 4289

30%? pretty accurate ****ysis. tell me sir how did you come to this percentage result?

AA+AD/((AD+1)x(AA-1))+OPINION= 30% KO CHANCE

ahh ok
cheekyvid is offline  Top
Old 03-28-2010, 09:03 AM   #7
GazOC
Guest Star for Team Taff
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheekyvid View Post
30%? pretty accurate ****ysis. tell me sir how did you come to this percentage result?

AA+AD/((AD+1)x(AA-1))+OPINION= 30% KO CHANCE

ahh ok
I knew someone was going to have a pop at that percentage!!
GazOC is offline  Top
Old 03-28-2010, 09:04 AM   #8
ollyc
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 876

There seems to be a rather bewildering amount of folk who think Dirrell was faking.
The only thing I think that can be universally agreed on (by the rational) is that the DQ was just.
ollyc is offline  Top
Old 03-28-2010, 09:15 AM   #9
Leif Erikson
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ollyc View Post
There seems to be a rather bewildering amount of folk who think Dirrell was faking.
The only thing I think that can be universally agreed on (by the rational) is that the DQ was just.
Indeed. I speak as one who thought Dirrell a whiny brat who turned the officials against him with his antics in the Froch bout, leaving the decision a relatively uncontroversial one. However, last night he boxed excellently and in spite of a flash knockdown which should have been given against him, didn't look in danger of being stopped, despite Abraham pressuring more urgently in the closing rounds.

The fact of the matter is that Abraham took a good look at Dirrell before throwing that punch. It wasn't a heat of the moment end to a flurry or anything like that, it was thrown very clearly and deliberately and the resulting disqualification is the only decision which could have been rendered under the circumstances. I know Abraham is unskilled and slow as molasses but even one as crude as he had plenty of time not to throw a solid punch at a downed opponent. Given the grease in his corner, perhaps the conspiracy theorists might want to wonder whether this was an intentional ploy by the German-based fighter and his corner after falling so far behind. Doubtless they'd have gotten away with it in their home country.

Last edited by Leif Erikson; 03-28-2010 at 10:18 AM.
Leif Erikson is offline  Top
Old 03-28-2010, 09:30 AM   #10
wrimc
Champion
East Side Guru

Just shocking the amount of people that can come on here and assume that AD was acting, very disrespectful. Even if he was (which i dont think is true for a second) why do any people have any reason not to beleive that he wasnt seriously affected by that punch. This isnt like a dive in football, these men risk their lives for our entertainment and we are so quick to turn around and brush off the punch and reaction like he was faking. Disgusting IMO
wrimc is offline  Top
Old 03-28-2010, 09:30 AM   #11
ollyc
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leif Erikson View Post
The fact of the matter is that Abraham took a good look at Dirrell before throwing that punch. It was a heat of the moment end to a flurry or anything like that, it was thrown very clearly and deliberately and the resulting disqualification is the only decision which could have been rendered under the circumstances.
Yep. Don't believe Abraham for a second when he claims he didn't realise Dirrell was down.
ollyc is offline  Top
Old 03-28-2010, 09:34 AM   #12
cheekyvid
Detroit, I shall return.
ESB Addict

vCash: 4289

yeah, i just saw it. i dont know if dirrell was faking, still a DQ no matter what. AA's punch was below the waist so theres no way he can claim it was fair at all. and it was a solid shot. i remember i very similar shot from a current british world champ a few years ago that went unpunished though. maybe fighting at home he got away with it??
cheekyvid is offline  Top
Old 03-28-2010, 09:35 AM   #13
kurt2006
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Dirrell saw how he could have won the fight after seeing how El**** dominated AA till he was stoped.
kurt2006 is offline  Top
Old 03-28-2010, 09:47 AM   #14
ollyc
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cityofgod View Post
round 10 Dirrell's legs started to stiffen and his punch resistance was running out fast. He looked like a man about to gas and get stopped to me. Whether it was a one-punch shot or a wilting, referee-stepping-in type of ending we'll shall never know due to the ****ing blind referee who did all he could to shaft Abraham.

Pulling him out to the doctor, in the thick of having Dirrell reeling was pants. Also ignoring his even-more legitmate knockdown was bad too.

Showtime's commentary are full of ****.

Totally over dramatic yankee doodle ****heads.
Abraham only has himself to blame.
And the referee also ruled out a legit knockdown in favour of Dirrell as well.
ollyc is offline  Top
Old 03-28-2010, 09:49 AM   #15
The Blackout
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 350

Quote:
Originally Posted by cityofgod View Post
round 10 Dirrell's legs started to stiffen and his punch resistance was running out fast. He looked like a man about to gas and get stopped to me. Whether it was a one-punch shot or a wilting, referee-stepping-in type of ending we'll shall never know due to the ****ing blind referee who did all he could to shaft Abraham.

Pulling him out to the doctor, in the thick of having Dirrell reeling was pants. Also ignoring his even-more legitmate knockdown was bad too.

Showtime's commentary are full of ****.

Totally over dramatic yankee doodle ****heads.

That's how i saw it too. AA was finally getting to him AND hurting him. Dirrell was on his bike in those last few rounds.

Whether Dirrell faked it or not, Abraham should not have thrown that punch. But he was beginning to put the pressure on. Would have been a great last round.
The Blackout is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum