Old 03-28-2010, 09:51 AM   #16
hitandhope
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 989
Default Re: AA vs AD THE FACTS!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cityofgod View Post
round 10 Dirrell's legs started to stiffen and his punch resistance was running out fast. He looked like a man about to gas and get stopped to me. Whether it was a one-punch shot or a wilting, referee-stepping-in type of ending we'll shall never know due to the ****ing blind referee who did all he could to shaft Abraham.

Pulling him out to the doctor, in the thick of having Dirrell reeling was pants. Also ignoring his even-more legitmate knockdown was bad too.
I don't think I've ever laughed as much during a fight as when the doctors were very nicely cleaning AA's face and humming and aahing to each other pretending they were considering stopping the fight. For the referee to break the action the second AA starting landing properly for the first time was unbelievable, ruling Dirrell being knocked down as a fall was a joke. We saw during the Ward/Kessler fight with the stuff Ward got away with, that this Super Six has become a USA v Europe thing that the yanks feel they have to win and will fix anything to do so. Oh dear.

I think AA punched Dirrell in cold blood on the floor, was hardly the last of a flurry of punches, but after the massive swing Dirrell took at AA after AA complained of a low blow and had his hands down... live by the sword...
hitandhope is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 03-28-2010, 09:56 AM   #17
royalt0208
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 895

Quote:
Originally Posted by cityofgod View Post
round 10 Dirrell's legs started to stiffen and his punch resistance was running out fast. He looked like a man about to gas and get stopped to me. Whether it was a one-punch shot or a wilting, referee-stepping-in type of ending we'll shall never know due to the ****ing blind referee who did all he could to shaft Abraham.

Pulling him out to the doctor, in the thick of having Dirrell reeling was pants. Also ignoring his even-more legitmate knockdown was bad too.

Showtime's commentary are full of ****.

Totally over dramatic yankee doodle ****heads.

People love to over dramatise, I guess I can kind of understand in Boxing considering it is such a dangerous sport. But every one is either making out Arthur to be some kind of sadistic evil sun of a ***** or Dirrell out to be a good Leonardo DiCaprio wannabe neither are true.
royalt0208 is offline  Top
Old 03-28-2010, 10:00 AM   #18
royalt0208
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by hitandhope View Post
I don't think I've ever laughed as much during a fight as when the doctors were very nicely cleaning AA's face and humming and aahing to each other pretending they were considering stopping the fight. For the referee to break the action the second AA starting landing properly for the first time was unbelievable, ruling Dirrell being knocked down as a fall was a joke. We saw during the Ward/Kessler fight with the stuff Ward got away with, that this Super Six has become a USA v Europe thing that the yanks feel they have to win and will fix anything to do so. Oh dear.

I think AA punched Dirrell in cold blood on the floor, was hardly the last of a flurry of punches, but after the massive swing Dirrell took at AA after AA complained of a low blow and had his hands down... live by the sword...
Maybe a bit over the top but there is certainly a basis to what you are saying. No wonder fighters no longer take chances and leave their home advantage because as soon as you do you seemingly have everything going against you. I really hope this doesn't stop Saurland continuing globalizing their operations and taking the best German based fighters out of Germany to fight the best opposition. We no longer see American fighters outside of the US due to scare mongoring.
Old 03-28-2010, 10:01 AM   #19
ollyc
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 876

Quote:
Originally Posted by royalt0208 View Post
But every one is either making out Arthur to be some kind of sadistic evil sun of a ***** or Dirrell out to be a good Leonardo DiCaprio wannabe neither are true.
I guess you missed the twenty or so threads on the general forum claiming either that 'Abraham was screwed' (he wasn't) or that Dirrell is a coward who was faking it (he wasn't imo).
ollyc is offline  Top
Old 03-28-2010, 10:08 AM   #20
Pug1list
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 100

It was done in the heat of the moment, wasn't intentional or premeditated, as some have suggested, the tide have truly turned at that stage of the fight, and I believe AA would have stopped him soon after.
Pug1list is offline  Top
Old 03-28-2010, 10:08 AM   #21
kosaros
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

vCash: 999

If Dirrell was faking, then he deserves an Oscar

Abraham was getting to him, but I think Dirrell would have lasted the distance.
kosaros is offline  Top
Old 03-28-2010, 10:09 AM   #22
royalt0208
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by ollyc View Post
I guess you missed the twenty or so threads on the general forum claiming either that 'Abraham was screwed' (he wasn't) or that Dirrell is a coward who was faking it (he wasn't imo).
Yeah I saw it, just unbelievable nothing inbetween them that has a title of "Correct DQ, Dirrell not acting, Abraham reacted in the heat of the moment and his comments were down to heat of the moment and being unsure what happened himself due to the level of adrenalin and concentration he was putting in".
Old 03-28-2010, 10:12 AM   #23
Squire
Never Truly Lost
ESB Addict

vCash: 7213

Quote:
Originally Posted by wrimc View Post
Right im sick of some of the crazy opinions on ehre so here are the facts from last night
AD was clearly outboxing AA last night, AA was knocked down, AD WAS knocked down, AD did go to ground a number of times unnecassarily throughout the fight. AA was beggining to put some shots together. AA punch WAS NOT intentional, more instinct than maliciousness watch it in real time, though AD's contionuing dominance and KD not ruled a KD and the going to ground were clearly angering AA. AD DID NOT fake the KO, again watch in real time the "delay" is not apparent in real time and gives you a perspective on the amount of time he would have had to "decide" to go down. AA deserved a DQ but i do beleive that with AA having more success in the round leading up to and including the DQ, he probably had a 30% chance of a KO.

Anything else is bias, bigotry or downright ignorance
Good summary! I agree with all of the above, I was thinking earlier on that AA probably had a 1 in 3 chance of pulling off the KO (the fight was really swinging his way in that 11th round). Can't complain about the DQ

Dirrell was impressive in that fight though. No shortage of surprises in this Super 6 up to now
Squire is offline  Top
Old 03-28-2010, 10:16 AM   #24
royalt0208
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by kosaros View Post
If Dirrell was faking, then he deserves an Oscar

Abraham was getting to him, but I think Dirrell would have lasted the distance.
Thats the way I see it too we all know Dirrell knows how to run, I think there would have been some hazy moments but he would have got to the bell and got the decision. It really is a shame the way it ended because it was a good fight that was heading for a good finish and the **** refereing really did put a dampner on the fight.
Old 03-28-2010, 10:17 AM   #25
ollyc
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 876

Quote:
Originally Posted by royalt0208 View Post
Yeah I saw it, just unbelievable nothing inbetween them that has a title of "Correct DQ, Dirrell not acting, Abraham reacted in the heat of the moment and his comments were down to heat of the moment and being unsure what happened himself due to the level of adrenalin and concentration he was putting in".
I agree with doug.ie when he said in another thread that Abraham doesn't deserve to be demonised for throwing the illegal blow. However i'm pretty sure he was aware that Dirrell was down.
And I think that there's a unbelievable amount of hypocracy present on this forum at the minute, moreso than usual.
If Dirrell collapses and complains he is rightly deemed a 'whiny little *****'.
When Abraham complains about largely non-existant low blows repeatedly not a word is said.
Futhermore the reaction from the Sauerland camp has been disgraceful.
ollyc is offline  Top
Old 03-28-2010, 10:25 AM   #26
Squire
Never Truly Lost
ESB Addict

vCash: 7213

I thought it was a shocking decision not to award Abraham the KD earlier in the fight. It wouldn't have changed much though, if Dirrell survived the 12th (not guaranteed) he would still have won on points. Biased refereeing though
Squire is offline  Top
Old 03-28-2010, 10:27 AM   #27
kosaros
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

vCash: 999

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squire View Post
I thought it was a shocking decision not to award Abraham the KD earlier in the fight. It wouldn't have changed much though, if Dirrell survived the 12th (not guaranteed) he would still have won on points. Biased refereeing though
Abraham was knocked into the ropes and that should have counted as a knockdown as well. Ref was clueless at times though.
kosaros is offline  Top
Old 03-28-2010, 10:47 AM   #28
royalt0208
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by ollyc View Post
I agree with doug.ie when he said in another thread that Abraham doesn't deserve to be demonised for throwing the illegal blow. However i'm pretty sure he was aware that Dirrell was down.
And I think that there's a unbelievable amount of hypocracy present on this forum at the minute, moreso than usual.
If Dirrell collapses and complains he is rightly deemed a 'whiny little *****'.
When Abraham complains about largely non-existant low blows repeatedly not a word is said.
Futhermore the reaction from the Sauerland camp has been disgraceful.
I agree 100%, it's just a shame that a good fight fought at the highest level of quality has been tainted so badly by not only the way it ended but also the reaction to the fight in general.
Old 03-28-2010, 11:05 AM   #29
beadybea

vCash: 1000

Such a shame that we didn't get to see the last round as it was getting very interesting with AD just looking to survive after the 9th. I also think Abraham must have been boiling with frustration after conceding the knockdown (which I think was mainly down to his balance), having his eye cut due to the clash of heads, having his own KD chalked off and being outboxed for the whole of the fight. I expect that frustration was a major contributing factor to the DQ punch.
beadybea is offline  Top
Old 03-28-2010, 11:06 AM   #30
Mandanda
SkillspayBills
East Side VIP

vCash: 1000

It wasn't intentional imo. It was worrying when he was convulsing. I was speaking to someone who watched the fight as well and they said did you notice that Dirrell went from shaking to rolling himself into recovery position. I've yet to see it again.

The interview with Dirrell was strangest thing i seen in a long while.
Mandanda is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum